ACP Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
3xtr3m3

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by 3xtr3m3 »

At the first time i install with your install file. But at the and i got the error and i dont have on may header annoucement box , then i go to phpmyadmin and drop annoucement center, a manuely with this

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE phpbb_announcement_centre (
      announcement_show smallint NOT NULL,
      announcement_enable_guests smallint NOT NULL,
      announcement_show_birthdays smallint NOT NULL,
      announcement_birthday_avatar smallint NOT NULL,
      announcement_draft text NOT NULL,
      announcement_draft_bbcode_uid varchar(8) NOT NULL,
      announcement_draft_bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) NOT NULL,
      announcement_draft_bbcode_options int NOT NULL,
      announcement_text text NOT NULL,
      announcement_text_bbcode_uid varchar(8) NOT NULL,
      announcement_text_bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) NOT NULL,
      announcement_text_bbcode_options int NOT NULL,
      announcement_text_guests text NOT NULL,
      announcement_text_guests_bbcode_uid varchar(8) NOT NULL,
      announcement_text_guests_bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) NOT NULL,
      announcement_text_guests_bbcode_options int NOT NULL,
      announcement_title varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
      announcement_title_guests varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
      announcement_show_group varchar(255) NOT NULL default '');
And annoucement box became visible and everything is ok, only when i want to put Annoucement text via ACP.
I use sub2 style, hermes
My forum is 3.06 and is empty and not have any mod innstaled
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

vera wrote:
lefty74 wrote:
vera wrote:
lefty74 wrote:hello vera,
this is the first time i have heard of this error coming up.

do they just not show in the acp or also not when manually entered e.g. test

can you also please reupload the files that came with the mod as maybe somehting happened during the upload of them.
Thank you for responding. Trust me for coming up with something new. :D

I have re-uploaded. No change.

The color table is just not there. All the styles and all the smilies are there - but they don't DO anything when clicked: I would select text, click, say, Bold - nothing happens. So I type the code in manually - and the result is fine. But a minor nuisance. :D
are you using prosilver or subsilver2? i assume you do not have nay problems when writign posts?
I am using getaway green. No, I do not have any problems posting.

I have also downloaded your files for the getaway styles. Should it make a difference in the ACP?
just tried it again with getaway green on a fresh board... and i had no problems... i can have a look if you want but would need temp ftp and admin account for that.
3xtr3m3 wrote:At the first time i install with your install file. But at the and i got the error and i dont have on may header annoucement box , then i go to phpmyadmin and drop annoucement center, a manuely with this

CREATE TABLE phpbb_announcement_centre (
      announcement_show smallint NOT NULL,
      announcement_enable_guests smallint NOT NULL,
      announcement_show_birthdays smallint NOT NULL,
      announcement_birthday_avatar smallint NOT NULL,
      announcement_draft text NOT NULL,
      announcement_draft_bbcode_uid varchar(8) NOT NULL,
      announcement_draft_bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) NOT NULL,
      announcement_draft_bbcode_options int NOT NULL,
      announcement_text text NOT NULL,
      announcement_text_bbcode_uid varchar(8) NOT NULL,
      announcement_text_bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) NOT NULL,
      announcement_text_bbcode_options int NOT NULL,
      announcement_text_guests text NOT NULL,
      announcement_text_guests_bbcode_uid varchar(8) NOT NULL,
      announcement_text_guests_bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) NOT NULL,
      announcement_text_guests_bbcode_options int NOT NULL,
      announcement_title varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
      announcement_title_guests varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
      announcement_show_group varchar(255) NOT NULL default '');
And annoucement box became visible and everything is ok, only when i want to put Annoucement text via ACP.
I use sub2 style, hermes
My forum is 3.06 and is empty and not have any mod innstaled
i would recommend to run install/index.php, then uninstall. then try again wiht install.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
vera

Post by vera »

lefty74 wrote:
vera wrote:
lefty74 wrote: are you using prosilver or subsilver2? i assume you do not have nay problems when writign posts?

I have also downloaded your files for the getaway styles. Should it make a difference in the ACP?
just tried it again with getaway green on a fresh board... and i had no problems... i can have a look if you want but would need temp ftp and admin account for that.
I am not very savvy in these things, forgive me. How do I do that?
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

vera wrote:
lefty74 wrote:
vera wrote:
lefty74 wrote: are you using prosilver or subsilver2? i assume you do not have nay problems when writign posts?

probably best to check with your host how to set up a ftp account, often they have tutorials too. the temp admin account is just a user account on your board with admin rights.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
coaster3000

Post by coaster3000 »

One or more install actions failed. Please review the actions below, make any adjustments and retry. You may continue with the installation even though some of the actions failed. This is not recommended and may cause your board to not function correctly.
AutoMOD could not FTP the file store/mods/acp_announcement_centre_122/_edited/index.php into place
I keep on getting this code. Can you tell me where this file needs to go. so i can try to fix this?

Is there a way to fix this actually?
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

you can probably fix that by giving the right permissions to the store/mods folder but questions about automod should really be asked in that particular topic.
lefty74
Vipinvites.net

Post by Vipinvites.net »

I can't see this mod in the admin or moderator panel. I know how to add and activate mods in the palens, every other mods works. I got no install errors or something like that. I'm using the skin 610nm, can I access the announcement at some url to try of it works? This is a example:

http://myforum.com/announcement_admin.php or something?
runesword1987

Post by runesword1987 »

I've installed ACP Add user mod (http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/index.php? ... ib_id=2964) and I've inserted it into the .MODs module and now the .MODs tab shows up. but the AC modules still won't show up.

I didn't make any SQL changes even though the first page of this says that there should be SQL changes.

Thanks for the help

runesword1987
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Vipinvites.net wrote:I can't see this mod in the admin or moderator panel. I know how to add and activate mods in the palens, every other mods works. I got no install errors or something like that. I'm using the skin 610nm, can I access the announcement at some url to try of it works? This is a example:

http://myforum.com/announcement_admin.php or something?
you ran the install/index.php file and that worked without any problems?

try using the prosilver style to test it as the mod is validated for prosilver.
runesword1987 wrote:I've installed ACP Add user mod (http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/index.php? ... ib_id=2964) and I've inserted it into the .MODs module and now the .MODs tab shows up. but the AC modules still won't show up.

I didn't make any SQL changes even though the first page of this says that there should be SQL changes.

Thanks for the help

runesword1987
the install file does the sql part for you. you gave me limited so i cant say for sure if the mod was isntalled correctly or where the error lies since i cant make any changes.
lefty74
Vipinvites.net

Post by Vipinvites.net »

Yes, evertyhing worked as it should and everything vas secusseful installed...
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

ok, if this is the case, it should have added the modules in the .MODs category.

i tried it on a vanilla phpbb just the other day (style was prosilver) and it worked fine.
lefty74
Vipinvites.net

Post by Vipinvites.net »

lefty74 wrote:ok, if this is the case, it should have added the modules in the .MODs category.

i tried it on a vanilla phpbb just the other day (style was prosilver) and it worked fine.
Can you please help me? I use 610nm skin, swedish and everything works. But I can't see the admin for this module. Got MSN? Send me a PM :)
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

try this first
acp- permissions = set acp_announcement centre to YES
see below screenshot
http://screencast.com/t/ZDVhY2M5Mm
lefty74
vera

Post by vera »

lefty74 wrote:
vera wrote:
lefty74 wrote:
vera wrote:

probably best to check with your host how to set up a ftp account, often they have tutorials too. the temp admin account is just a user account on your board with admin rights.
OK, I sent you PM with the details. Thanks.
Raikzz
Name: Raiko I.

Post by Raikzz »

Hi.
How could I make the box fit the forum´s size?

Image Image

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”