ACP Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Trokal

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Trokal »

hello

does version 1.2.2 work on phpbb 3.0.5?
thank u
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Vipinvites.net wrote:Can someone please check my forum and see if someone can fix the line over the announcement centre box? And I also want the "frame" that is on every headcategories to the box title, can someone please help me with that? :) I can send over my files to you so someone can edit them :)

My forum: http://vipinvites.net/index.php

Regards,
Vipinvites.net :)
can you send me a link to the style (one where i can download it without having to register pse) and i can have a look.
Thanks in advance wrote:
Be sure that you use editor like notepad++ which can save the file without BOM.
Thanks for the reply... I used Notepad++, saved the file as UTF-8 without BOM. Lefty74 was even so friendly to check the file personally (sent over via eMail) and it's ok.
what ftp prog are you using? i edited your files directly on the server using the pspad editor and had no problems running the install/index.php file
Trokal wrote:hello

does version 1.2.2 work on phpbb 3.0.5?
thank u
should but i would recommend to upgrade to the latest phpbb version first
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
Vipinvites.net

Post by Vipinvites.net »

Here you go lefty: http://www.mediafire.com/?j2j1y4kwmrj

I also wonder if I can "remove" the box with infroamtion if I don't want any news on the forum? :)
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Vipinvites.net wrote:Here you go lefty: http://www.mediafire.com/?j2j1y4kwmrj

I also wonder if I can "remove" the box with infroamtion if I don't want any news on the forum? :)
thanks, you should be able to use the acidtech files that are in the download of the third post of this topic.

worked for me.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
Vipinvites.net

Post by Vipinvites.net »

Thanks! :D Now it work! :)

But I still want to remove the announcement box when I don't got anythiing in it, how to do that?
iftitaj

Post by iftitaj »

Vipinvites.net wrote:But I still want to remove the announcement box when I don't got anythiing in it, how to do that?
Go to ACP -> .MODS -> Announcement Centre -> Configuration. Set Show Site Announcements to NO.
Sisssy

Post by Sisssy »

Hi, I installed this mod with Automod. I can see the MODS tab on the ACP but I can't see the announcement on the index of my forum... I'm using Maroon Fusion style. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, can someone help? I thinks is something really easy, but I can't figure it out cause I'm new at this... sorry and thanks
iftitaj

Post by iftitaj »

Sisssy wrote:Hi, I installed this mod with Automod. I can see the MODS tab on the ACP but I can't see the announcement on the index of my forum... I'm using Maroon Fusion style. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, can someone help? I thinks is something really easy, but I can't figure it out cause I'm new at this... sorry and thanks
Go to ACP -> .MODS -> Announcement Centre -> Configuration. There you will get settings which are self-explanatory. If you have any problem with any specific setting, ask here. Be careful in setting who you want it to be accessed. I'll prefer setting it to GROUP and then selecting specific groups which will then be able to see your announcements.
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

iftitaj wrote:
Vipinvites.net wrote:But I still want to remove the announcement box when I don't got anythiing in it, how to do that?
Go to ACP -> .MODS -> Announcement Centre -> Configuration. Set Show Site Announcements to NO.
there is another way to do this ;)

open overall_header.html
find

Code: Select all

<!-- INCLUDE announcement_centre.html -->
add before

<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT or ANNOUNCEMENT_BIRTHDAYS -->
add after

<!-- ENDIF -->
resulting code should look like this

<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT or ANNOUNCEMENT_BIRTHDAYS -->
<!-- INCLUDE announcement_centre.html -->
<!-- ENDIF -->
this way, you don't have to turn the announcement on and off in ACP. and it will still display birthdays.
fixinggenie

Post by fixinggenie »

Is it possible to make multiple Announcement Boxes depending on specific locations in the Forum, or even multiple announcement boxes for multiple user groups.
Sisssy

Post by Sisssy »

iftitaj wrote:Go to ACP -> .MODS -> Announcement Centre -> Configuration. There you will get settings which are self-explanatory. If you have any problem with any specific setting, ask here. Be careful in setting who you want it to be accessed. I'll prefer setting it to GROUP and then selecting specific groups which will then be able to see your announcements.
Hi, thanks, I already did that and nothing, I can't see it. The Forum ID has something to do with it? Thanks
iftitaj

Post by iftitaj »

Sisssy wrote:Hi, thanks, I already did that and nothing, I can't see it. The Forum ID has something to do with it? Thanks
Can you post screenshots of both pages related to this MOD i-e. Announcement centre and configuration pages.
Sisssy

Post by Sisssy »

iftitaj wrote:Can you post screenshots of both pages related to this MOD i-e. Announcement centre and configuration pages.
Thank you for your help
Attachments
Prnt Scrn 1.jpg
Prnt Scrn 1.jpg (83.49 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
Prnt Scrn 2.jpg
Prnt Scrn 2.jpg (50.56 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
Prnt Scrn 3.jpg
Prnt Scrn 3.jpg (72.48 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
Prnt Scrn 4.jpg
Prnt Scrn 4.jpg (57.27 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

Sisssy wrote:Hi, I installed this mod with Automod. I can see the MODS tab on the ACP but I can't see the announcement on the index of my forum... I'm using Maroon Fusion style. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, can someone help? I thinks is something really easy, but I can't figure it out cause I'm new at this... sorry and thanks
did you do the edits for the Maroon Fusion style? you will need to edit that style applying either subsilver2 or prosilver edits depending on what the style is based on.
iftitaj

Post by iftitaj »

Sisssy wrote:
iftitaj wrote:Can you post screenshots of both pages related to this MOD i-e. Announcement centre and configuration pages.
Thank you for your help
In addition to Spaceace's comment, I recommend to check your language files' edits as your screenshots show that you have not correctly edit your language files. Please be sure to edit your relevant language. I guess you have only edited English and you are using some other language.

The files are:
> language/en/common.php
> language/en/acp/common.php

"en" shows that it is English language file. So edit your language's files instead of (in addition to) English ones.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”