ACP Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
spaceace

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by spaceace »

wenchhhie wrote:This looks like a great mod, and many have had no problems with the install.

I've checked and double checked my files to make sure I didn't miss anything but I get the following errors when clicking on the ACP Announcement Centre tab:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'stamp14_phpbb3forum.phpbb_announcement_centre' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT * FROM phpbb_announcement_centre

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_announcements_centre.php
LINE: 114
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_announcements_centre->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()

Any help would be appreciated :)

TIA

EDIT: I'm going to try 1.1.2 . . . it looks like a newer version that I wasn't aware of. :)
that error looks like you didn't run the SQL to put the table in your database.
Deskdirect

Post by Deskdirect »

Disregard- 3.0.4 had change files that I had modified for ACP - I edited the files and my forum is working again!

I upgraded to 3.0.4 and ACP Announcement Centre was already installed - I got the same error! I can even view my form. BTY - my db table is announcement_centre not ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'deskadm.ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT * FROM ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_announcements.php
LINE: 114
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: index.php
LINE: 110
CALL: get_announcement_data()
jkrack

Post by jkrack »

I apologize if this question has been asked before. I have fully installed this mod. It works great...until right after I click the submit button on the Announcement Centre. The green box pops up and tells me the Announcement was successful. But... I can't find it. I checked off the box for it to be on the index page...but nothing. I double checked the overhead_?.html and everything seems to be correct. I am running version phpBB 3.0.4. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :?:
baloo

Post by baloo »

A couple of formatting questions. I've tried searching through 69 pages and really didn't see what I was after so apologies if it's been asked.

1. Is there anyway to have the borthday announcement, when not using an avatar, to stay on the same line ? i.e
"Congratulations to admin"
instead of
"Congratulations to"
"admin"

I had a look in announcement_centre.html and all I could see was

<td style="border: 0px; padding:0;font-size: 10px;" ><b>{bdannounce.USERNAME}</b></td>
which really doesn't allow me to remove a TD or a br

2. I was the ACP mainly for Birthdays. Is there a way to make block so that the top border is actually the same as the bottom border ? I'd be happy to forgo the name of the block to. The aim here is to try and save as much screen realestate as possible.

3. Following on from #2, I can see with this mod installed I'll be using Announcements in the future. If #2 is possible, is there a way to have the block formatted differently depending on whether it's bday only or announcement ?

4. I noticed that if I selected announcements on, it puts the block there even if there is no announcement. Is it possible to have it not show the block if it doesn't have an announcement to make ?

Great MOD, thanks for the work and apologies if the questions I've asked a repeats.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

jkrack wrote:I apologize if this question has been asked before. I have fully installed this mod. It works great...until right after I click the submit button on the Announcement Centre. The green box pops up and tells me the Announcement was successful. But... I can't find it. I checked off the box for it to be on the index page...but nothing. I double checked the overhead_?.html and everything seems to be correct. I am running version phpBB 3.0.4. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :?:
hi, did you purge your cache and refresh your templates?
baloo wrote:A couple of formatting questions. I've tried searching through 69 pages and really didn't see what I was after so apologies if it's been asked.

1. Is there anyway to have the borthday announcement, when not using an avatar, to stay on the same line ? i.e
"Congratulations to admin"
instead of
"Congratulations to"
"admin"

I had a look in announcement_centre.html and all I could see was

<td style="border: 0px; padding:0;font-size: 10px;" ><b>{bdannounce.USERNAME}</b></td>
which really doesn't allow me to remove a TD or a br

2. I was the ACP mainly for Birthdays. Is there a way to make block so that the top border is actually the same as the bottom border ? I'd be happy to forgo the name of the block to. The aim here is to try and save as much screen realestate as possible.

3. Following on from #2, I can see with this mod installed I'll be using Announcements in the future. If #2 is possible, is there a way to have the block formatted differently depending on whether it's bday only or announcement ?

4. I noticed that if I selected announcements on, it puts the block there even if there is no announcement. Is it possible to have it not show the block if it doesn't have an announcement to make ?

Great MOD, thanks for the work and apologies if the questions I've asked a repeats.
hi, all of the above is possible but i have not time for that kind of customisation at the moment as it is not something that is likely to make it to the standard mod.

point 2 i did not quite understand to be honest.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
baloo

Post by baloo »

understand it's not something you're inclined to do, but if it's possible with a couple of simple changes then let me know where and I'll give it a shot myself.

As for #2, what I meant was to try and have the announcement block with a thin border all over, like this:
acpannounce.png
acpannounce.png (3.13 KiB) Viewed 653 times
jkrack

Post by jkrack »

Thanks Lefty!

I refreshed my templates and it worked like a charm. Now for my next mod... :geek:
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

baloo wrote:understand it's not something you're inclined to do, but if it's possible with a couple of simple changes then let me know where and I'll give it a shot myself.

As for #2, what I meant was to try and have the announcement block with a thin border all over, like this:
acpannounce.png
hi, next time i put a new version out of the beta version (see development forum) i will try to have a look, not sure i will be able to look at all of your requests tho. i cant guarantee all of your points tho.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
baloo

Post by baloo »

That's fine lefty. I realise this is all free for me so I'm definitely not complaining.

Out of all my requests, I think the one that would be most useful for a lot of people, not just me, is the ability for the Announcement block not to show up if there is no announcement.

Thanks.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

you should really set it to not show in the announcement centre at the same time you e.g. remove the announcement. that would be the easiest for now...
lefty74
baloo

Post by baloo »

lefty74 wrote:you should really set it to not show in the announcement centre at the same time you e.g. remove the announcement. that would be the easiest for now...
Yeah, got that sorted for now. The thing I miss is the ability to display it for Guests only, not not having it appear for registered users when there is no announcement for them.

BTW, I was very pleased to see you spelled "centre" correctly ;)
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

you can show announcements to guest users only, just set it to show to guests only and that's what should happen ;)
lefty74
baloo

Post by baloo »

Hmmm, I tried a few combinations but couldn't get it working as I wanted.

i.e. Guests to permanently receive a message like register and login to access areas only for members.

For registered users, only display the Announcement when it's a Birthday. The closest I came was for the Birthday to appear but then another blank section underneath where the members announcement should go but seeing they didn't have one, it was blank and took up more space.

Anyway, the MOD does what its meant to do and I can find work arounds so thanks anyway. If any of the ideas make it into the next release that will be great, if not, no drama.
phpaaa

Post by phpaaa »

lefty74 wrote:
bart0507 wrote:Ok, I have installed a mod called Mini-classement which display a scrolling message for the last post at the top of the forum, however it cancled my Site announcement :cry: , I guess its fighting for the same space at the top.
a MOD which display a scrolling message for the last post ... that what i'm looking for ... (it's even better if it can display a scrolling last 10 active post titles.). Why when i search the word "Mini-classement ", i find nothing ???? please tell me where can i find this MOD ...
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Morning Lefty! :)

Not sure if this has been brought up before (and there is no way I am reading ~70 pages to find out :lol: ) but with 3.0.4 a user has the ability to be able to show their birthday congrats or not. But your mod shows them no matter the users choice. I made a small change to the sql query to respect the users wishes by doing the following
AND user_type IN (" . USER_NORMAL . ', ' . USER_FOUNDER . ')
AND user_congrats <> 0';
...and now the users wishes are retained. Just an FYI.

[EDIT]above code is for primehalo's birthday require mod...I need more coffee!![/EDIT]
Last edited by RMcGirr83 on Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”