ACP Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
User avatar
Booch_21
Registered User
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 2:24 am

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Booch_21 » Thu May 29, 2008 3:00 am

Badal wrote:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Duplicate entry 'announcement_enable' for key 1 [1062]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('announcement_enable', 1, 0)

BACKTRACE
I got the same thing when installing mine. Here is what I did. I do not know if you have the same capabilities as I do.

First, go into phpMyAdmin, or some kind of admin function of your SQL databases. I did a list of the tables and emptied out phpbb_announcement_centre. I then deleted it completely from the list.

Second, I copied the SQL code from the instructions again, but left off the following from the end of the copied code:

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_show_index', '0');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_enable', '1');
I executed the SQL code again and it worked just fine. I may not have all of the lingo correct, but I'm learning! Good luck!

jaason
Registered User
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 6:34 am

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by jaason » Thu May 29, 2008 9:21 am

hey. maybe You can help me. I have problem with creating new tables under postgreSql database.
it returns me this error:

Code: Select all

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "CHARACTER"
LINE 21:   CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin;
           ^
and after deleting this line I've got error like this:

Code: Select all

ERROR:  type "tinyint" does not exist
LINE 2:   announcement_show tinyint (1) NOT NULL,
                            ^
is it postgresql syntax fault?

Muzet
Registered User
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: POSTER_FROM
Contact:

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Muzet » Thu May 29, 2008 9:24 am

Very good MOD.
If a member is administrator can read this announcement?

User avatar
Kojek
Registered User
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:38 am

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Kojek » Thu May 29, 2008 9:36 am

Muzet wrote:Very good MOD.
If a member is administrator can read this announcement?
of course

User avatar
lefty74
Registered User
Posts: 3649
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:26 pm
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by lefty74 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:07 am

Booch_21 wrote:
Badal wrote:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Duplicate entry 'announcement_enable' for key 1 [1062]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('announcement_enable', 1, 0)

BACKTRACE
I got the same thing when installing mine. Here is what I did. I do not know if you have the same capabilities as I do.

First, go into phpMyAdmin, or some kind of admin function of your SQL databases. I did a list of the tables and emptied out phpbb_announcement_centre. I then deleted it completely from the list.

Second, I copied the SQL code from the instructions again, but left off the following from the end of the copied code:

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_show_index', '0');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_enable', '1');
I executed the SQL code again and it worked just fine. I may not have all of the lingo correct, but I'm learning! Good luck!
or you could just clear your cache (and refresh templates) as per install instruction

seems easier to me ;)
jaason wrote:hey. maybe You can help me. I have problem with creating new tables under postgreSql database.
it returns me this error:

Code: Select all

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "CHARACTER"
LINE 21:   CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin;
           ^
and after deleting this line I've got error like this:

Code: Select all

ERROR:  type "tinyint" does not exist
LINE 2:   announcement_show tinyint (1) NOT NULL,
                            ^
is it postgresql syntax fault?
apparently postgresql does not know tinyint (i googled and saw a bug report), try to change tinyint to smallint pse and see if that makes a difference.
Muzet wrote:Very good MOD.
If a member is administrator can read this announcement?
in the acp you can set the groups you would like to show the announcement to, if you only select administrator, it will show only to members of the administrator group but i am not sure if that is what you were asking.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

User avatar
Kojek
Registered User
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:38 am

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Kojek » Thu May 29, 2008 11:43 am

btw lefty..
can i put an html text in the announcement?

jaason
Registered User
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 6:34 am

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by jaason » Thu May 29, 2008 11:45 am

if I delete this line: CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin from sql stuff, it will affect to something in the future?

Primy
Registered User
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:11 pm

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Primy » Thu May 29, 2008 12:14 pm

Hi, nice mod ;)

Ive a bug after the installation:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_announcements_centre.php on line 26: acp_announcements_centre::include_once(./../includes/functions_announcements.php) [function.acp-announcements-centre-include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_announcements_centre.php on line 26: acp_announcements_centre::include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening './../includes/functions_announcements.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear')

Fatal error: Call to undefined function group_select_options_selected() in /var/www/vhost/cinomania.net/home/html/forum/includes/acp/acp_announcements_centre.php on line 166
In local anything is ok, but online i cannot use the forum. What can i do?

Primy
Registered User
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:11 pm

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Primy » Thu May 29, 2008 12:32 pm

I found the error, just my stupid oversight :)

Congratulations for the mod!

ham1299
Registered User
Posts: 613
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:12 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by ham1299 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:50 pm

Congrats on the release, Lefty! :D
Heather

User avatar
Hippie459MN
Registered User
Posts: 915
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Hippie459MN » Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 pm

WoW!! Thanks for this. Time to update. :D

319
Registered User
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:47 am
Contact:

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by 319 » Thu May 29, 2008 3:31 pm

style mistake in Administration Control Panel!

<br /> before text area of Drafts

Desdenova
Registered User
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:25 pm

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Desdenova » Thu May 29, 2008 3:44 pm

lefty, when do you think you are going to code an installer for this so it is possible to use this on boards running on something other than MySQL?

I've got a script for SQL install almost done, will you want it? You'll just have to pop in the SQL queries (using the DBAL, I'd hope. :P) and it's just about ready to go. I've just got to setup the language file and a few other things, but other than that, it ought to be done soon. :)

Of course, you may have to recode internal SQL statements yourself to use the DBAL if you wanted cross-SQL type compatibility, but I guess that wouldn't be too hard for you. :lol:

User avatar
lefty74
Registered User
Posts: 3649
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:26 pm
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by lefty74 » Thu May 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Kojek wrote:btw lefty..
can i put an html text in the announcement?
i am afraid you will need to use bbcode.
jaason wrote:if I delete this line: CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin from sql stuff, it will affect to something in the future?
have a look how your other tables are collated and do the same collation they have.
i dont have .
Desdenova wrote:lefty, when do you think you are going to code an installer for this so it is possible to use this on boards running on something other than MySQL?

I've got a script for SQL install almost done, will you want it? You'll just have to pop in the SQL queries (using the DBAL, I'd hope. :P) and it's just about ready to go. I've just got to setup the language file and a few other things, but other than that, it ought to be done soon. :)

Of course, you may have to recode internal SQL statements yourself to use the DBAL if you wanted cross-SQL type compatibility, but I guess that wouldn't be too hard for you. :lol:
i wasn't going to code an installer but if you have something that people can use, why not publish it and they can put the SQL in there if they like. ;)
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

Desdenova
Registered User
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:25 pm

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Desdenova » Thu May 29, 2008 7:32 pm

lefty74 wrote:i wasn't going to code an installer but if you have something that people can use, why not publish it and they can put the SQL in there if they like. ;)
That's what I was planning. :lol:

Will you want me to let you know when it is done, though?

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”