ACP Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Musti08

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Musti08 »

This mod is perfect, thank you :)

I ran into one problem during installation though, well I don't think it was much of a problem..

" generate_smilies('window', $forum_id);" was not in my posting.php file, but I continued anyway and everything is fine

I'd really love if you can put more than one update at a time so it will randomly switch between them on each page load, that would be awesome. Maybe in an update? :P

Thank you though. Very good mod :)
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Musti08 wrote: I ran into one problem during installation though, well I don't think it was much of a problem..

" generate_smilies('window', $forum_id);" was not in my posting.php file, but I continued anyway and everything is fine

I'd really love if you can put more than one update at a time so it will randomly switch between them on each page load, that would be awesome. Maybe in an update? :P
it's in includes/functions_posting.php not posting.php ;)

right now i have no plans for another update, doesnt mean there won't be one ever just not for a while...
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
phxcityslick

Post by phxcityslick »

I ran the install (thanks lefty)

I now have announcements in the .mods section but I'm still unable to see them on site. I use twilight with is subsilver based. I went to Detail in the Automod section as it says but i do not see a place to add it to my Template.. Do i have to do this by hand?
mej284

Post by mej284 »

Yes
I do not respond to unsolicited PM's

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

... and dont forget to refresh your template through the acp ;)
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
phxcityslick

Post by phxcityslick »

I assume that you meant the refresh comment for me. Which i have done but It still isn't working
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

phxcityslick wrote:I assume that you meant the refresh comment for me. Which i have done but It still isn't working
yes, i did. can you confirm that it works on prosilver or subsilver2? btw, you did all the other edits that need to be done in accordance with the installation instructions, didnt you?
lefty74
phxcityslick

Post by phxcityslick »

thats what i was wondering if Automod did that for me or if I had to do them myself to twilight.

Yes it's working just fine in Prosilver. After i installed it.

I do not have subsilver installed

Edit: I have it showing but it doesn't look good (need to span all the way like the rest)

if you want to take a peek www.dofcs.com/forum

I know It's something simple my mind is just not wrapping around it
Last edited by phxcityslick on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xplicit13

Post by xplicit13 »

I followed the directions to a tee and I dont see any change.
mej284

Post by mej284 »

Not sure which file in the template folder this is in.

Code: Select all

<div style="margin: 10px 25px 0 25px;">
		<table width="100%" class="tablebg" cellspacing="1" >
			<tr>
				<th>
				Guest Announcements 				</th>
I would change the div style to this:

<div style="margin: 10px 0 0 0;">
Don't forget to go to the ACP and refresh the template.
I do not respond to unsolicited PM's

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

phxcityslick wrote: Edit: I have it showing but it doesn't look good (need to span all the way like the rest)

if you want to take a peek http://www.dofcs.com/forum

I know It's something simple my mind is just not wrapping around it
you will find it in styles/yourstyle/template/announcement_centre.html

as mej284 already wrote, look for:

<div style="margin: 10px 25px 0 25px;">
and change it to what he wrote or this:

<div>
The above code needs to be changed on two occasions in that file.
xplicit13 wrote:I followed the directions to a tee and I dont see any change.
can you see the acp part of the mod in the .MODS tab?
lefty74
asrock

Post by asrock »

May I ask just a couple of questions regarding this MOD.

I am using phpBB 3.0.5 with Subsilver2 and the Avalon Theme installed, will this MOD work for me, is my style and theme supported?

And if the answer to the above question is yes, :) Can someone supply me the link for the very newest version of this MOD please and thankyou :D
asrock

Post by asrock »

Anyone ?
ttkingdom

Post by ttkingdom »

I installed this mod using AutoMOD. Now I can't find the place to use it. I searched the ACP all over. Please help.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

asrock wrote:May I ask just a couple of questions regarding this MOD.

I am using phpBB 3.0.5 with Subsilver2 and the Avalon Theme installed, will this MOD work for me, is my style and theme supported?

And if the answer to the above question is yes, :) Can someone supply me the link for the very newest version of this MOD please and thankyou :D
if your theme is based on either prosilver or subsilver2 then you shoudl be fine.

as an example, if the style you are using is based on prosilver, you will need to make the edits in accordance with the instructions for prosilver (the find instructions may not be a 100% match though), the latest version can be found either on my site or on the first post of this topic.
ttkingdom wrote:I installed this mod using AutoMOD. Now I can't find the place to use it. I searched the ACP all over. Please help.
did you point your browser to the install/index.php file after automod had installed it?
lefty74

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”