ACP Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Darude1506

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Darude1506 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:58 am

lefty74 wrote:after you have run the install/index.php file, the mod modules are created under the .MODs tab.
yes I know and i tried all the options and everything else works fine but I need only one of this boxes, not two...

misfit69

Post by misfit69 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:30 am

Ok, installed this about a month ago, it's working great, love the mod. But I would like it to do something more for me. It does a great job with the members birthdays and such. However, I would like to be able to hard code some non-member birthdays and have it come up as an announcement also. Is this even possible to do in the code somewhere? I know I could create a member and call him Anderson Silva and it would work that way but would rather just "hard code" if that's the correct term, somewhere.

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:20 am

Darude1506 wrote:
lefty74 wrote:after you have run the install/index.php file, the mod modules are created under the .MODs tab.
yes I know and i tried all the options and everything else works fine but I need only one of this boxes, not two...
sorry, my answer was for weslemos.

i dont know how but i missed your post before. looks to me like you have put in the edit in the overall_header.html twice.
misfit69 wrote:Ok, installed this about a month ago, it's working great, love the mod. But I would like it to do something more for me. It does a great job with the members birthdays and such. However, I would like to be able to hard code some non-member birthdays and have it come up as an announcement also. Is this even possible to do in the code somewhere? I know I could create a member and call him Anderson Silva and it would work that way but would rather just "hard code" if that's the correct term, somewhere.
can the normal announcement function not be used for that?
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

weslemos

Post by weslemos » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:08 am

lefty47,

Thanks for the responses. :) I've been able to get it up and running perfectly now. The problem I had was actually with installing the module. Since my forum isn't in english, it couldn't find two files in the pt_br folder like it was supposed to, so I hadn't really installed the module.

This is a great mod and it works perfectly. I'm also going to install the Upcoming Birthday list mod that you also made.

I have a real quick off topic question and I hope it's ok to ask here. I think I remember seeing a mod that would allow the full content of a topic post to be sent to users who are subscribed to that forum as opposed to just the subject and a link to read the rest of the post. I just got done skimming through all the mods in the database and I can't seem to find it. Is there something like this out there?

Thanks tons for your time!

Best regards,
Wes

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:31 pm

that should really be asked in the mod request forum. i vaguely remember something like you are looking for. try to look for mods from primehalo.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

Trokal

Post by Trokal » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:15 pm

hello,
i have installed this MOD and it's showing the announcement only for guests, and not the registered members!
and when i choose between everyone, guests and groups i click submit...
when it refresh the dot(point next to the one i chose) does not exist, like the choosing function is not working...

help anyone? how can i fix this?

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:55 pm

i would recommend to run the install/index.php file again and click uninstall.

then run it one more time and install again and keep an eye out if you get any error messages.
lefty74

Trokal

Post by Trokal » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:15 am

i did but that didn't work :(

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:31 pm

could you please go to debug mode by changing the following in your config.php

Code: Select all

//@define('DEBUG', true);
//@define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
to

@define('DEBUG', true);
@define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
and then go to the announcement part in the acp and let me know if you are getting any error messages on the top of the page.
lefty74

Trokal

Post by Trokal » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:11 pm

these did not exist so i added them to the file.

i received on the main page these errors:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /language/en_us/common.php on line 879: Undefined index: LOG_DELETE_TOPIC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_announcements.php on line 119: Use of undefined constant ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE - assumed 'ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_announcements.php on line 147: Use of undefined constant EVERYONE - assumed 'EVERYONE'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3870: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3267)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3872: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3267)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3873: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3267)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3874: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3267)
&

in the ACP:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /language/en_us/common.php on line 879: Undefined index: LOG_DELETE_TOPIC
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3267)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3267)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3267)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3267)
thanks for helping!

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:57 pm

please doublecheck your edits. the includes/constants.php edits are either missing or have not been uploaded.
the other error message (LOG_DELETE_TOPIC) is not from this mod!
lefty74

ConkerX

Post by ConkerX » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:38 am

Hi, I recently installed this mod and it works awesome! Thank you! But could you help me with this? this is what it looks like for me

Is there anyway to get it full across? I tried changing the code in announcement_centre.html put it won't work.

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:13 pm

ConkerX wrote:Hi, I recently installed this mod and it works awesome! Thank you! But could you help me with this? this is what it looks like for me

Is there anyway to get it full across? I tried changing the code in announcement_centre.html put it won't work.
in announcement_centre.html, have you tried to look for:

<div style="margin: 10px 25px 0 25px;">
and change it to what he wrote or this:

<div>
The above code needs to be changed on two occasions in that file.
lefty74

ConkerX

Post by ConkerX » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:42 pm

Oh wow Thanks!, didn't realize there was two of them to change.

Bobski2000

Post by Bobski2000 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:39 am

Hi Lefty,

Ive checked the edits, then ran the install and this error comes up.. Any Ideas please?

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table 'phpbb_announcement_centre' already exists [1050]

SQL

CREATE TABLE phpbb_announcement_centre ( announcement_forum_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, announcement_topic_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, announcement_post_id mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, announcement_gopost tinyint(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, announcement_first_last_post varchar(4) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, announcement_draft text NOT NULL, announcement_draft_bbcode_uid varchar(8) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, announcement_draft_bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, announcement_draft_bbcode_options int(11) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '7' NOT NULL, announcement_text text NOT NULL, announcement_text_bbcode_uid varchar(8) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, announcement_text_bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, announcement_text_bbcode_options int(11) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '7' NOT NULL, announcement_text_guests text NOT NULL, announcement_text_guests_bbcode_uid varchar(8) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, announcement_text_guests_bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, announcement_text_guests_bbcode_options int(11) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '7' NOT NULL, announcement_title varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, announcement_title_guests varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL ) CHARACTER SET `utf8` COLLATE `utf8_bin`;

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/db/db_tools.php
LINE: 900
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/db/db_tools.php
LINE: 552
CALL: phpbb_db_tools->_sql_run_sql()

FILE: install/index.php
LINE: 91
CALL: phpbb_db_tools->sql_create_table()
I also cannot see the mod in the ACP.. ? :?:

Has it got somehting todo with this SEO Mod? As i dont know what this is im afraid :cry:

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”