ACP Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
lefty74

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by lefty74 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:38 pm

strange, i have never come across this problem before and I have installed this mod countless times... :?
so you install with automod, run the install/index.php and the user and group tab disappears?

Did you see the announcement modules in the .MODs tab?
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

jason102178
Name: Jason

Post by jason102178 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:54 am

ok sorry for the confuesion... i had done countless searches looking for a mod and all it ever came up with is the 1.2.3 version which i didnt realize until now that it was only for phpbb2 so i found the version 1.2.2 for phpbb and installed it and everything works perfect the user group tab only disapears if your trying to install the phpbb 2 version so just a little bit of information incase u never tested the 1.2.3 version on phpbb3 and incase anyone else ever runs into the same problem

Tenaciouspete

Re: ACP Announcement Centre - HELP

Post by Tenaciouspete » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:18 am

Hey, I tried installing this mod and something must have gone wrong... when I tried going to the install folder I got this error messages so I tried deleting it because I was getting error messages in my ACP too so I was going to restore a backup file and I was unable to.

I went through all the files I edited and tried making them normal and now I get this error message when I go to my board.

http://thefirstfleet.x10hosting.com/forum/

I tried using PHPMYADMIN to restore my board but it didn't work :S

It's sorta important that I get it fixed, can anyone help me make my board go back to normal?

Tenaciouspete

Post by Tenaciouspete » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:15 pm

I half fixed the problem..

I just downloaded a new version of PHPbb3 and FTPed the files that were edited in the install of announcement centre.

Only problem is I have to install two more mods, next time I'll remember to back up my files.

Hopefully I can get this mod working this time.

Cheers.

marcus85

Post by marcus85 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:35 pm

I get this message when i run the install/index.php file. Whats going on?

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Tenaciouspete wrote:I half fixed the problem..

I just downloaded a new version of PHPbb3 and FTPed the files that were edited in the install of announcement centre.

Only problem is I have to install two more mods, next time I'll remember to back up my files.

Cheers.
next time you run into problems please also post the error messages you are getting. also, make sure you edit your files with a decent text editor like e.g. notepad++ as the language files need to be saved in UTF8 without BOM format.
marcus85 wrote:I get this message when i run the install/index.php file. Whats going on?

That's normal, click on New Installation and the script should do the rest.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

marcus85

Post by marcus85 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:37 pm

I thought that I was doing something wrong. Thanks for let me know.

Tenaciouspete

Post by Tenaciouspete » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:11 am

lefty74 wrote:
Tenaciouspete wrote:I half fixed the problem..

Cheers.
next time you run into problems please also post the error messages you are getting. also, make sure you edit your files with a decent text editor like e.g. notepad++ as the language files need to be saved in UTF8 without BOM format.

Okay thanks, Is notepad++ just the normal notepad? and what do you mean they need to be saved in UTF8 without BOM? I just edit the files with notepad then close and save then re upload them, is that correct?

azdolfan

Post by azdolfan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:34 am

First I want to say, I apologize if this problem/question has already been addressed in this thread. I searched on keywords but did not find it and 155 pages is a bit to much to read thru manually :o

I installed this mod using the automod installer. I received no errors with the files or database update. I actually did this yesterday and didn't think I had any issues with it and even typed in an announcement message and it displays fine but today, I noticed in another forum I installed this same mod on, there is a new tab in acp > permissions > admin roles. However, in this forum there is no extra tab. In misc it has "{ acl_a_announcement_centre }" with the weird brackets?!?

Does anyone have any idea to what the problem might be and what I should check? Thanks!

azdolfan

Post by azdolfan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:45 am

azdolfan wrote:First I want to say, I apologize if this problem/question has already been addressed in this thread. I searched on keywords but did not find it and 155 pages is a bit to much to read thru manually :o

I installed this mod using the automod installer. I received no errors with the files or database update. I actually did this yesterday and didn't think I had any issues with it and even typed in an announcement message and it displays fine but today, I noticed in another forum I installed this same mod on, there is a new tab in acp > permissions > admin roles. However, in this forum there is no extra tab. In misc it has "{ acl_a_announcement_centre }" with the weird brackets?!?

Does anyone have any idea to what the problem might be and what I should check? Thanks!
Nevermind, I figured it out! I needed to copy the language mods. Ie. /en/mods/*.* to my /en_us/mods directory.

marcus85

Post by marcus85 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:50 pm

How do I put an announcement for guests and one just for members? I'm really confused here.

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:57 pm

Tenaciouspete wrote: Okay thanks, Is notepad++ just the normal notepad? and what do you mean they need to be saved in UTF8 without BOM? I just edit the files with notepad then close and save then re upload them, is that correct?
notepad++ is not the normal notepad. once you have downloaded it you can see under Format that you can convert or save it as UTF8 without BOM.

I would recommend to do that.
marcus85 wrote:How do I put an announcement for guests and one just for members? I'm really confused here.
it's mentioned in the acp ;) you will need to set show announcementes to groups and then highlight the registered user group or whichever group you wish to show the regular announcement to.

once you have the normal announcements set to show to groups, you can display a different announcement to guest users.
lefty74

irakly

Post by irakly » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:57 am

hi,lefty74!

thanks for nice mod! its like me.
but i have problem. i install it(1.2.2) on PHPBB3 3.0.7.
in ACP and MCP all works, but announcment does not viewed on forum page.
not in prosilver nor in subsilver2.
a check many times code in overall_header.html.
refresh templates/themes/imagesets.
but announcement does not viewed.
can you help me?

excuse me for my english and thank you very match.

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:23 pm

couple of things:

-doublecheck your edits in the html files
-did you upload the edited overall_header.html
-did you refresh your templates in the ACP
lefty74

irakly

Post by irakly » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:06 pm

lefty74 wrote:couple of things:

-doublecheck your edits in the html files
-did you upload the edited overall_header.html
-did you refresh your templates in the ACP
i uploaded edited overall_header.html, and refresh templates in ACP.

this is code in overall_header.html (subsilver2)

Code: Select all

</table>
	</div>
<!-- INCLUDE announcement_centre.html -->

<div id="datebar">
		<table width="100%" cellspacing="0">
		<tr>

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”