ACP Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by Gremlinn » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:54 am

Bob_La_Londe wrote: I'm glad. I was just trying to give people an overview of the installation process. Something that many mod developers don't do after their initial offering. They tweak and add features and fix bugs, but quite often there is not one place to go for a good overview of the current best process. I think its a good mod, and I am using it.

P.S. If I recall I wound up running the script a couple times too before it worked. Had to get some variables or passwords out of the config file or something. I forget now.
Bob, that is a good point about authors providing a bit of a description or explaination of how to install/configure/use their mod. I am going to see about getting something written up for mine. It would take care of some repeat questions I have been seeing lately.

Deathx_EOC

Post by Deathx_EOC » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:17 pm

I looked over the mods 3 times and their all right and i deleted the module and the sql entry's and ran the install file and it still gives me the same error....

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:51 pm

hi,
very odd, could you provide me with a temp ftp account and temp admin account so i can have a look?
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

Deathx_EOC

Post by Deathx_EOC » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:25 pm

i guess ill pm it to u

Ring of Fire

Post by Ring of Fire » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:20 pm

lefty74 wrote:
Ring of Fire wrote:Hi there,
I installed this mod and it's working great. My only question now is how can I grant access to just the Announcement Centre Module to specific people (as in, I want certain people, groups, or roles to be able to change the announcement).
Thanks!
that won't be possible unless you give them admin rights.
below might be useful for what you would like
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p6785505
Yes, that feature would be nice! I could put topic it in a forum with the permissions I want, and then have it pick up the last post as an announcement.

Until then, however, I must profess my PHPBB3 naivety and ask, what is the minimum level of admin permissions that I'd have to give to a role/person/group in order to give them the ability to edit announcements? Is it any admin permission? A specific one?

I'm thinking I need to create a second account and play with it's permission from my founder account to see what would work.

EDIT/UPDATE: I played with a second account and found that the specific permission needed to use the .MODS tab is under Admin Permission, Settings, "Can alter board settings/check for updates". Set it to yes and that user, group, or role should be able to edit the announcements. They can also do some other things, too, though, so it's not a perfect solution!

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:04 pm

right now, admins that have board setting rights should be able to do it.

if you go to info/acp_announcement_centre.php
find

Code: Select all

'default'		=> array('title' => 'ACP_ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE', 'auth' => 'acl_a_board', 'cat' => array('ACP_DOT_MODS')),
replace with

Code: Select all

'default'		=> array('title' => 'ACP_ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE', 'auth' => '', 'cat' => array('ACP_DOT_MODS')),
then delete and readd the module, any admin should have access to the module
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

auggybendoggy

Post by auggybendoggy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:17 pm

All,
I'm a bit confused. Heres what I'm looking at...

1) I opened install.xml
I'm reading the instructions...

now it has

SQL
Code:Select All
CREATE TABLE phpbb_announcement_centre (
announcement_show tinyint (1) NOT NULL,
announcement_enable_guests tinyint (1) NOT NULL,
announcement_show_birthdays tinyint (1) NOT NULL,
announcement_birthday_avatar tinyint (1) NOT NULL,
announcement_draft text NOT NULL,
announcement_draft_bbcode_uid varchar(8) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
announcement_draft_bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
announcement_draft_bbcode_options mediumint(4) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
announcement_text text NOT NULL,
announcement_text_bbcode_uid varchar(8) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
announcement_text_bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
announcement_text_bbcode_options mediumint(4) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
announcement_text_guests text NOT NULL,
announcement_text_guests_bbcode_uid varchar(8) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
announcement_text_guests_bbcode_bitfield varchar(255) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
announcement_text_guests_bbcode_options mediumint(4) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
announcement_title varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
announcement_title_guests varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
announcement_show_group varchar(255) NOT NULL default '');

INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_show, announcement_enable_guests, announcement_show_birthdays, announcement_birthday_avatar, announcement_title, announcement_text, announcement_draft, announcement_title_guests, announcement_text_guests, announcement_show_group) VALUES ('0', '1', '0', '0', 'Site Announcements', 'Site Announcements can be seen here!! :mrgreen:', 'Draft Announcements can be seen here!! :mrgreen:', 'Guest Announcements', 'Guest Announcements can be seen here!! :wink:', '2');

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_show_index', '0');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('announcement_enable', '1');

What am I supposed to do with this?

Do I have to copy this somewhere?
is this supposed to be an auto install from some program?

sorry, I'm a beginner with this stuff.

Auggy

auggybendoggy

Post by auggybendoggy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:19 am

If you are not sure about adding the database fields or the modules, you can download the Install zip file , upload it to your root folder on your server, point to the index.php file, delete the folder immediately after you have run the install file. This will add the database fields and add the modules.
If I copy these into the "forum" directory then it will overwrite my index.php and that file is GONE.

my confusion is this:
what does it mean "root folder"?

Do they mean in the www folder of my server or the forum root folder

my server directory looks like
/www/forum

Auggy

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:39 am

you basically would copy the /install folder to your root folder of your board. If you have it located in /forum, you would copy it and it would end up being in /forum/install/ :)

I think what I might do is install the mod and record the whole install so everyone can see the install process...
Good idea?
lefty74

auggybendoggy

Post by auggybendoggy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:44 am

lefty,
one quick question to start.

If I copy the install folder to the /forum directory what about all the files that are in the mod folder.
does that folder go in the the same directory for the install folder to pull from?

Aug

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:10 pm

All the files and folders within the root folder (but not the root folder itself) get copied into the /forum/ folder with the directory structure intact.

auggybendoggy

Post by auggybendoggy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:01 pm

Grem,
thanks, then I'll open the zip file and copy all folders and files to the /forum/ folder.
I'll also copy the install folder and files to the /forum/ folder as well.

then I'll try to go from there.

Aug

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:21 pm

hi aug, please read this article first, it explains how to do an install of a mod
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 9&t=724145
lefty74

auggybendoggy

Post by auggybendoggy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:35 pm

Lefty,
GREAT articles.
I understand.

There is one detail I'm not sure of.
There is a file called modx.prosilver.en which the instructions say nothing about.
my default style is prosilver_se.

Am I to do something with this before I start the mod install?
Aug

Evil20071

Post by Evil20071 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:31 pm

Sorry to bother you again with this, but I've run into another minor snag. I have the option of showing seperate announcements to Guests enabled and a sepereate text in that space, but it's still showing the same as for the registered users. Any ideas why?

Board: http://vcs.cjb.net (If you want to bypass the ads, use http://rbcfaqs.co.cc/php/vcs/ )

Temp account: TEST
Password: testtest

I have no idea what's goofed with it now. :(

Thanks in advance.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”