ACP Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
lefty74

Re: ACP Announcement Centre

Post by lefty74 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:09 pm

auggybendoggy wrote:Lefty,
GREAT articles.
I understand.

There is one detail I'm not sure of.
There is a file called modx.prosilver.en which the instructions say nothing about.
my default style is prosilver_se.

Am I to do something with this before I start the mod install?
Aug
No, you don't need to do anything with this.
Evil20071 wrote:Sorry to bother you again with this, but I've run into another minor snag. I have the option of showing seperate announcements to Guests enabled and a sepereate text in that space, but it's still showing the same as for the registered users. Any ideas why?

Board: http://vcs.cjb.net (If you want to bypass the ads, use http://rbcfaqs.co.cc/php/vcs/ )

Temp account: TEST
Password: testtest

I have no idea what's goofed with it now. :(

Thanks in advance.
what are your settings in the acp? The guest user announcements only work if you show regular announcements to groups.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

auggybendoggy

Post by auggybendoggy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:26 pm

ok the process followed down the list.
1) ran the sql update
2) edited files
3) copied all files to appropriate directories.
The only one is I put the "prosilver" files into the "prosilver_se" directory? what do I do.

I cannot login I get all kinds of PHP msgs OH MY GOD what happened : ) LOL
just going to the web page
www.evangelicaluniversalist.com shows the following
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3555: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3559: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)

Aug

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:42 pm

what text editor were you using when editing the files?
I am asking as the language files need to be saved utf8 without bom.

Make sure there are not spaces before the <?php or after the ?>.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

auggybendoggy

Post by auggybendoggy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:36 pm

Lefty,
I used notepad and simply clicked save.

I don't know about any spaces, I'll go through each file edited and check.

It will be hard with the inline actions since they are in the middle of the page
so of course there are spaces or tabs there. Does that matter.
Some times I pasted and it was not lined up with the other statements so I clicked tab to line it up.

also when I updated the sql database it seemed to work just fine.

so I think it might be my editing.

Aug

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:23 pm

notepad is not a good editor to edit your php files. try notepad++, that should work much better.
lefty74

iftitaj

Post by iftitaj » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:30 pm

Yes its your editing problem. Actually the problem is that of notepad. It saves files with BOM whereas we need to save files (language files specially) without BOM. I would recommend you to get a software named notepad++ which saves files without BOM by default, I guess.
Now I don't know whether a BOM having file can be saved without BOM again or not ..... but as you should have backup of files, restore them & then redo edits using notepad++. Be sure that in FORMAT menu, ENCODE IN UTF-8 WITHOUT BOM is selected.

P.S. There is option in notepad++ to convert a BOM having file to a file without BOM. You can try that also.

:arrow: In between tabs or spaces (the ones you are talking about) don't matter.

P.S. Lefty74 replied too quickly. :lol:

auggybendoggy

Post by auggybendoggy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:16 am

Guys/Gals,
Ok, backup files were uploaded and the site is back to normal.

I will re-edit the files with notepad++

I will NOT rerun the sql action since I already did this. If I understand it correctly it created a table(s) so that the announcment information/data could be stored.

I'll post up and tell you the results.

Auggy

bart0507

Post by bart0507 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:40 am

Ok, I have installed a mod called Mini-classement which display a scrolling message for the last post at the top of the forum, however it cancled my Site announcement :cry: , I guess its fighting for the same space at the top.

My question is where in the Announcement code does it show where it will be diplayed on the forum, I thought If i could move it should work together.. ;). I do not believe any of the announcement site code was over writting.

auggybendoggy

Post by auggybendoggy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:55 am

You guys nailed it. I used notepad++ and all is well.

I did have one concern. I did have to use a prosilver (overhead.html) file that was saved with notepad originally. I had no other back up.
I d/l it then edited it and saved it without the BOM in notepad++.

Everything seems to be working just fine...fingers crossed.

The MOD pagetab is in the ACP and all the settings page for the ANNOUNCMENT CENTRE is there.

Thanks again guys I hope everything goes well from here :)

Auggy

graphire

Post by graphire » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:58 am

sorry for not backtracking the thread and finding if this has been solved... i'm a newbie in php and sql but followed everything in the installation but kept on getting these errors.

---------------------
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'a4161515_phpbb9.ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT * FROM ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_announcements_centre.php
LINE: 114
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: acp_announcements_centre->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()

---------------------

I've spent hours working on this and just couldnt get it. Please lefty if you could help me. I already cleared cache and refreshed many times.

Thanks.

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:25 pm

bart0507 wrote:Ok, I have installed a mod called Mini-classement which display a scrolling message for the last post at the top of the forum, however it cancled my Site announcement :cry: , I guess its fighting for the same space at the top.

My question is where in the Announcement code does it show where it will be diplayed on the forum, I thought If i could move it should work together.. ;). I do not believe any of the announcement site code was over writting.
do you still have the include announcement_centre.html in your overall_header.html?
graphire wrote:sorry for not backtracking the thread and finding if this has been solved... i'm a newbie in php and sql but followed everything in the installation but kept on getting these errors.

---------------------
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'a4161515_phpbb9.ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT * FROM ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_announcements_centre.php
LINE: 114
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: acp_announcements_centre->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()

---------------------

I've spent hours working on this and just couldnt get it. Please lefty if you could help me. I already cleared cache and refreshed many times.

Thanks.
looks like you do the includes/constants.php edit or did not upload it.
lefty74

Evil20071

Post by Evil20071 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:19 pm

lefty74 wrote:
Evil20071 wrote:Sorry to bother you again with this, but I've run into another minor snag. I have the option of showing seperate announcements to Guests enabled and a sepereate text in that space, but it's still showing the same as for the registered users. Any ideas why?

Board: http://vcs.cjb.net (If you want to bypass the ads, use http://rbcfaqs.co.cc/php/vcs/ )

Temp account: TEST
Password: testtest

I have no idea what's goofed with it now. :(

Thanks in advance.
what are your settings in the acp? The guest user announcements only work if you show regular announcements to groups.
I have it set to show regular announcements to everyone. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll change that now. Great mod. :D

auggybendoggy

Post by auggybendoggy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:26 am

Ok,
it seems to be working and when I post up the announcement it says it's fine.
But when I go to the index page i see nothing???

any clues?

And yes I purged and refreshed

I'm using prosilver_se and I've loaded in announcment_centre.html into the theme folder. I've read about every page in this forum and can't seem to figure it out.

I believe I did the mysql action correctly so my guess is the database is correct.

help lefty help :)
Aug

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:17 am

could you post the code around the overall_header.html edit please. Maybe it was put in the wrong place.
lefty74

Danaldinho

Post by Danaldinho » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:17 am

Hi Lefty, on my forum: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums

I have added the Announcement Mod and I want it to submit a different announcement to the guests, so I clicked yes for "Show different Announcement to guests" and added some different text to the member announcements one.

But for some reason it still shows the member announcements to the guests.

Do you know why and how to fix it?

Thanks mate

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”