Add Disclaimer

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Damien White

Re: Add Disclaimer

Post by Damien White »

david63 wrote:@ Damien White - the code for checking if you are a founder is a requirement from the mod validation team so I have no option but to include it.

Your second post would be a completely different mod - you could not adapt this mod to do it.
Thanks for the quick response dude.

Yeah sorry, I should have figured that and kept it to myself. As for the the new mod, would you mind if I used yours as a base to writing this new mod? All credits to you of course.

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 »

There is virtually nothing in this mod that you would need to make it into a mod for each forum.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Damien White

Post by Damien White »

Okay thanks for your candidness.

drankur

Post by drankur »

where can i find the option to manage it in ACP ??

EDIT: i got it,
thanks for this great sweet little mod :D

kiran_n444

Post by kiran_n444 »

thanks, installation went smoothly xD this'll be helpful with my site

RedH'

Post by RedH' »

It works.

Were can i change this:
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.
Edit: Nevermind; language/nl/info_acp_add_disclaimer.php

metatr0n

Post by metatr0n »

I love the idea of this mod, but cannot get it to work properly.

The disclaimer displays normally on install_add_disclaimer.php:
[url]http:/forum.healthyhabitsweb.com/install_add_disclaimer.php[/url]

On every other page of the forum it just shows ugly code:
{ DISCLAIMER } :
{ DISCLAIMER_TEXT }

I'd really appreciate being pointed in the right direction!

Thanks,
Tyler

david63

Post by david63 »

You have either not copied the language file correctly or you have not done the edits in includes/functions.php correctly.
David
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.

metatr0n

Post by metatr0n »

david63 wrote:You have either not copied the language file correctly or you have not done the edits in includes/functions.php correctly.
Aha! You are, of course, right. I had already gone back and double checked last night, but perhaps some sleep has done me good. I had one edit inside an if statement's brackets instead of outside.

Thanks for putting up with a dumb noob question!

Tyler

david63

Post by david63 »

No problem :)
David

looker1

Post by looker1 »

david63 wrote:You are not logged on as a Founder.

Am am having the same issue- I have logged into both accounts that have founder status and it keeps redirecting when I in the ACP and try to install the file. I know this is easy for I have done this with other mods but not sure why I am having issues on this one. Can someone please take a moment and walk me through exactly the couple steps to take to make the install of "install_add_disclaimer.php" failsafe from the founder perspective?

Thanks!

rabidcrackmonkey

Post by rabidcrackmonkey »

Excellent mod! Exactly what I was wanting for my site.

Works great in prosilver and subsilver2. Moving the disclaimer from overall_footer to index_body also worked great in both styles.

Nice work!

hugsmindy

Post by hugsmindy »

Can anyone give me some step by step install instructions for this mod? It's something I really need to add to my forum, but an not a techy and I'm afraid to do it and mess things up. :o

I'm using the Green3 template.

neo4u

Post by neo4u »

I have just installed this and it seems to be working, but ever since i installed it, when i got to the admin cp then click on any of the options in the left hand panel. I get the following message at the very top of the page above the header.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_board.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_board.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_board.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_board.php:1)
Im really stumped as I dont edit or touch those files with this mod. :roll:

david63

Post by david63 »

Check your edits - it is possible that you have entered an incorrect character somewhere.
David

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”