[CDB] ProsilverColor-blinds (Child) /ProsilverColor-blinds_2nd (Child)

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.3.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

[CDB] ProsilverColor-blinds (Child) /ProsilverColor-blinds_2nd (Child)

Post by Tastenplayer »

Name of the style: ProsilverColor-blinds
Style Version: 3.3.0.2
phpBB Version: 3.3.0
Based on: prosilver
---
ProsilverColor-blinds
index_prosilver_color-blinds.jpg
---
ProsilverColor-blinds_2nd
index_prosilver_color-blinds_2nd.jpg
---
Description of the style:
It is an almost ordinary prosilver, but without colors.
There is a darker and a lighter version with more contrast.
The dark style version has a wrapborder background.
* Round icons for read and square icons for unread incl. the subforums (The unread icons based on Square imageset by EvangelionI) Modified / adapted
* Background behind the group colors (Depending on the color configuration of the group colors, you can remove or adjust the background in style.css)
Note: If there are still good reading problems, you can also specify a hover color for the member names. But then all names will have the same hover color, no matter to which group they belong.

Code: Select all

a:hover.username-coloured {
	color: blue !important;
}
Important: With this style prosilver, the respective phpbb version, must be installed! For the ProsilverColor-blinds_2nd the ProsilverColor-blinds must be also installed!

DEMODOWNLOAD 3.3.0DOWNLOAD 3.2.9
---
index_prosilver_color-blinds.jpg
colorblind_icons.jpg
---
FACT: 1 out of 255 women and 1 out of 12 men have some form of color vision deficiency.
Color weaknesses are mostly congenital, but diseases or side effects of drugs can also affect the recognition of colors. Total colour blindness, on the other hand, is much rarer - one in every 100,000 people is affected.

GEO - How colour-blind people see the world (Article on DE but look at the pictures at the end. Use the slider and drag it from left to right to see the difference in each shot.)
Translation for the shown pictures:
Protanopia
In red blindness (protanopia) patients are not able to process red light. They therefore have difficulty distinguishing between red and green and between blue and green. In red blindness, the cones, the sensory cells of the retina, which are responsible for seeing red tones, are damaged.

Deuteranopia
People who suffer from green blindness (deuteranopia) cannot process a green light. There are no cones, i.e. the sensory cells of the eye, so that green tones cannot be perceived. It is therefore more difficult for people with a green blindness to distinguish green from red and between some grey, purple and blue shades.

Tritanopia
In people suffering from blue blindness (tritanopia), the light-sensitive photoreceptors for recognizing blue tones on the retina of the eye are not developed. As a result, they often confuse light blue with grey, dark purple with black, medium green with blue and orange with red. They cannot process blue light.
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 18 times in total.
My phpBB Style Board & More
Be the best version of yourself rather than a bad copy of someone else!
Excuse me for my English, but I learned the language by speaking to people and not at school.

Tastenplayer

Re: [RC] ProsilverColor-blinds (Child)

Post by Tastenplayer »

Maybe it would be better that way. But somehow it looks more colourless, which it really is. Besides, it might be too dark under certain lighting conditions.
index_prosilver_color-blinds2.jpg
It's better in a way. But if someone can't distinguish colors at all, but only contrasts, probably too little contrasts.
A rather tricky matter, which probably nobody wants to install in his forum :lol: :lol: .
Excuse me for my English, but I learned the language by speaking to people and not at school.

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Alternative the second
I like that one best. Also gives more work than the others :-). I just don't know if I should add some color shadows to the forum and topic icons. But it should not contain any colour if possible. Except the group colors, which cannot be changed. To bad, if this, then just red and green are like here.
index_prosilver_color-blinds3.jpg
Very strange that the search header is displayed responsive, although the responsive.css of the prosiler is included in the overall- & simple header. It only disappears if I insert search-header display:none; in the style.css at 700px. Only the forum description was no longer displayed. This style is a normal prosilver.

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

The style should definitely be ready now. The whole style was newly adapted. There is now a darker and a light version with more contrast.
The 1st post is updated. But now I have to check everything again before I can update the download. Better safe than sorry! I definitely need a break first :lol: .
There is also a 3.2.9 version.
I will submit this style for validation.

Edit: Downloadlinks are updated in first post!
I will update current demo until Wednesday, because I have to reset the style to 3.2.8. Since it has a breadcrumbs error in 3.2.9, which Google also reports, I will not update to this version. 3.3.0 is also out at the moment.

Despite all the controls, it still had two not so nice things. But since only one user downloaded the styles, I didn't change the version.

Tastenplayer

Re: [RC] ProsilverColor-blinds (Child) /ProsilverColor-blinds_2nd (Child)

Post by Tastenplayer »

I couldn't leave it alone and I changed a few things. Especially in the dark style version. Before I get the idea to try to adapt it again a bit better, I'll send the style on its way (3.2.9 first).
Downloadlinks in first post are updated.

Tastenplayer

Re: [RC] ProsilverColor-blinds (Child) /ProsilverColor-blinds_2nd (Child)

Post by Tastenplayer »

3.2.9 is validated. Because I made the recommended changes there is an update of the 3.3.0 style in first post.
3.3.0 I have submitted. Style is validated.

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles in Development”