[4.0.x][DEV] [OFFICIAL] CODENAME: Chameleon

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.3.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Name: Michael Miday

Re: [DEV] [OFFICIAL] CODENAME: Chameleon

Post by Hanakin »

Again too broad everything is broken into smaller components and each component is reworked. So if you want to 💯 recreate prosilver you could minus a few small factors as all the components are design for mobile so a lot of things will not exists anymore as they do not scale well and had to be changed and some stuff flat out removed do to it being unused bloat.

So again need to be more specific.
neptronix

Post by neptronix »

Hey man. I am not sure if this is appropriate but i wanted to give you a gigantic shoutout for the work you are doing.
phpbb has needed a new look and new way of operating for about a decade now. I am glad you are pushing it forward. Without someone focusing on this, phpbb will continue to go the way of the dodo bird.

Two thumbs up, one fist bump, and a virtual high five, dear sir.
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin »

thanks and back at you 👍👍👊✋
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin »

Quick update just noticed that I never metnioned this. The base-L framework was updated to version 0.18.0 going forward I am leaving all the versions in the dist fold for BC. This also allows me to work on the next relase and merge any changes into a new release as nessecary in this folder https://github.com/hanakin/base-l/tree/ ... assets/css
Zinnn

Post by Zinnn »

Hi Hanakin, huge thank you for dedicating your time and resources to complete this theme. Do you have any deadline for completion?
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin »

Short answer no...I am currently the only one working on the prject from the front-end this does not even include all the back-end work nessecary to make this a reality. The scope and size of this project is probably suited for 2 maybe 3 people working full time to complete in a normal development time frame. I do not have near that much time. So it will take a long while under the current progression. I am however working on some side ventures to help get more individuals involved with the workload to speed things up. Also once we clear the first milestone it will be somewhat easier for individuals to contribute and more so after each additional milestone as we get closer to a working end result.

Hopefully that answers any questions about the timeline for now. Look for more information to role out in genreal for the project here in the next couple months as well. 🚀
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin »

just finished initial pass of an editor component take a look at the codepen: https://codepen.io/hanakin/pen/QPeoWd?editors=1100

It is still a work in progress...

The idea is to have one editor component that works for both full and quick modes. The editors will be fixed to the bottom with the page content scrollable behind it. so you enable the preview and it displays above and can scroll to see more of it without the editor window leaving your screen. Have not tested anything yet with that this is just an initial hack at it. So please hold the feedback until we get to an implementation phase... :D
Crizzo
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Name: Christian

Post by Crizzo »

Looks good! :)
My extensions for phpBB: CDB
German phpBB Support at www.phpbb.de
Meis2M
Translator
Name: میثم نوبری

Post by Meis2M »

well done i love it :D
phpBB persian international support
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM
Ultimate phpBB SEO Friendly URL extension
Meis2M
Translator
Name: میثم نوبری

Post by Meis2M »

@hanakin
what you think about redesign footer section?
phpBB persian international support
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM
Ultimate phpBB SEO Friendly URL extension
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

Hanakin wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:18 pm The editors will be fixed to the bottom with the page content scrollable behind it
how hard or easy will it be to not have it like this? for me, i actually avoid sites that have things fixed in place like this. even things like the navbar fixing itself to the top of a page when you scroll down is extremely irritating for me :roll:
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin »

spaceace wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:13 pm
Hanakin wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:18 pm The editors will be fixed to the bottom with the page content scrollable behind it
how hard or easy will it be to not have it like this? for me, i actually avoid sites that have things fixed in place like this. even things like the navbar fixing itself to the top of a page when you scroll down is extremely irritating for me :roll:
You can change any component in your theme individually very easily... but could yoou explain further why you are annoyed? I would believe its most likely due to improperly designed and executed fixed elements...
Meis2M wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:14 pm @hanakin
what you think about redesign footer section?
What do you mean we already have a footer component? If you are asking for a design change I has been stated before Chameleon has no design. I have not got to the theme design stage of development yet.
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

Hanakin wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:20 pm but could yoou explain further why you are annoyed?
when you visit a site and scroll the page and things detach and follow your movement along the page bothers me because i know where that stuff is and i will go to it if i need it. i just don't like it when things are pushed in your face like that.

example...
get in your car and look at the instrument panel. now look up through the windshield and now you see that some of the gauges are now blocking part of your view no matter where you look. you know where those gauges are but don't need to constantly see them.
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by Hanakin »

well not really a good example as there are those with HUDs in there car for this very reason. However I would say that there is probably some poor usecase design involved in those sites. It can be jaring if not done correctly. But there are usecases and proper ways to use it. This is one of them. You are trying to post something so it just a layer on top of the page. Your focus is on the editor but the page behind it is a secondary focus to provide context to assist with your posting.
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

Hanakin wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:48 pm well not really a good example as there are those with HUDs in there car for this very reason
and some can be turned off which would be what i would do as i simply don't like it

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles in Development”