[CDB] ProsilverHiFiKabin (Child)

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.3.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

[CDB] ProsilverHiFiKabin (Child)

Post by Tastenplayer »

Stylename: ProsilverHiFiKabin
Styleversion: 3.3.0.1
phpBB version: 3.3.0
DemoDownload (2 MiB)

Important: the fourth and fifth style versions are configured differently than the other three style versions. The fourth one will need quite some extension adjustments (Any title/text on black background must be black with a yellow background.).

Description:
This style was a style suggestion from HiFiKabin.
A style for people with macular degeneration & other vision problems
Black text on yellow background. its calms the letters down and stops them jumping about all over the page.
But other people need a pale yellow background with black writing and others need a deep yellow with black writing. The all black one looks less good than the one with accents in dark grey. But the style whit grey accents one's probably not as good for reading.
The optimal solution therefore seems to be: Create 4 variations of this style.
ProsilverHIFIKabin_all.jpg
(The version numbers changed)

Strange that Google Fonts always contain only one font format. But to insert them in the style.css all formats are needed.
Now I have linked the font in the overall_header. Works but is definitely not what you should do. Or can one?
But I need a font without embellishments in g https://abload.de/img/fontcrjqo.jpg. Noto Sans
Only in the responsive profile is it not possible with this font, for whatever reason. There was always a rest of the g missing, no matter what adaptation attempt I made. When customizing a phpBB style you are never safe from surprises :lol:

Edit: Creating the icons for the black with the yellow neon fontcolor is really a challenge for a person with light sensitive eyes.😎
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 42 times in total.
More of my styles you can find in my phpBB Style Board & More
Be the best version of yourself rather than a bad copy of someone else!
Excuse me for my English, but I learned the language by speaking to people and not at school.

Tastenplayer

Re: [DEV] ProsilverHiFiKabin (Child - for people with macular degeneration & other vision problems)

Post by Tastenplayer »

Edit 8.2.20
You create beautiful icons for a whole day and then find out that they are only suitable for a "normal" style, but not for a style for severely visually impaired people. But the style looked so good with these icons Image (It took 1 whole day to create a good looking hot icon that is not recognized by visually impaired people. Respectively it causes problems because of the color.)
All that remains is again round and square and without background image.

The third one should be ready soon. Then I have to finish the first one. Otherwise it will not be possible to insert a download. (The icons for the yellow ones are the problem. Nothing looks really good and clear.)
ProsilverHiFiKabin_3rd.jpg
I definitely need some time off today. Otherwise I won't see anything tomorrow. The tinted workplace glasses for this style are definitely missing.

----
Edit: 14.2.

I have my doubts about the gradient. But otherwise it just looks weird.
I once enlarged the font with the Large Font ext from HiFiKabin. Looks like a poster. Should be easy to read for everyone. But the extension should be installed in any case (Not everyone who has visual problems also needs a huge font. Respective it is wrong to think that in any case in style it must have a huge font. Therefore, the font cannot be adjusted enormously.).
ProsilverHifikabin.jpg
The icons are more difficult than you think.
hifikabin_icons.jpg
Edit: 15.2.
Actually the second style should look like this and not how I just finished it. Although it looks rather curious and adjusting the font color is almost endless.
ProsilverHiFiKabin_2nd.jpg
ProsilverHiFiKabin_2nd2.jpg
ProsilverHiFiKabin_2nd3.jpg
@James
With this style suggestion you have definitely laid an egg for me. He's a real challenge. Everything has to be changed and readjusted umpteen times. One icon takes almost as long as all icons for a whole "normal" style. But he should be ready before phpBB 4.0.0 is released. :mrgreen: .
Change the black background everywhere and you have that (the standard style is almost superfluous :-) )
ProsilverHiFiKabin_2nd_yellow.jpg
A little bit off topic :mrgreen:
Unfortunately up to now nothing can be done on the style, because Xampp suddenly did not work anymore. Win10 update was 3 days ago, yesterday everything was still working, nothing done but editing styles, this morning Xampp did not start anymore. All troubleshooting attempts did not lead to success.
Now everything new installed including 5 Quickinstall testboards.
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Excuse me for my English, but I learned the language by speaking to people and not at school.

Tastenplayer

Re: [DEV] ProsilverHiFiKabin (Child - for people with macular degeneration & other vision problems)

Post by Tastenplayer »

I've become quite insecure about what to do. Actually, it's all the same style for the same purpose. But the second yellow one with the black background is now completely different from the first main style. It has some html files more than the first one. And the derivation of it, the whole yellow one would need only a few adjustments in the css as a child of the second one.
That's why I'm not so sure anymore if I really should pack all styles into the same style pack. But since all of them should have the same name, it must be like this with the one package (You should be able to use the same (most) html files with the child, which is definitely not the case here.).
However you twist and turn it, it is not the optimal solution of the packaging :?
Fortunately, there is still plenty of time for reflection. It still takes time until every version is ready.

Edit: 18.2.

In any case, the style name/sequence must be changed. The second one definitely belongs at the end, i.e. as the fourth one, because it is formatted in an extended way compared to the first main style. The third and fourth, however, have the same structure as the first.
Submitting for validation with this style (package) will definitely not be easy. Probably there will be some denied. It would be easier to insert the style only in my forum for download. But since it was a style suggestion from HiFiKabin, not the correct solution.

What I noticed:
Some adjustments from the ProsilerHiFiKabin are not taken over in the ProsilverHiFiKabin_2nd, if they are not inserted in the style.css. Whether it is a child of the first and not a child of prosilver. That's why I have to insert the complete css in every style variant again, which is actually not the sense of a real child style :? .
Should I therefore remove the links to Prosilver in the overall_header and simple_header in the child of the child? ( In the Ahoi-Xmas, however, I had no problems with this. It worked without problems. But maybe it's still wrong there). Somehow this is a pretty complicated thing, with these html files and the inserted code to Prosilver :lol: It is easiest when the first style is not a real child of the prosilver.

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

The icons last forever. There is also a lot of customization to be done in the style versions.
But I have now added a dev1 download to the first post.

By the way: You get used to the yellow background and the writing with time. I'm starting to have problems reading and writing in normal prosilver :mrgreen: . That's why you always have to take time off.

I find some of the icons a bit too ordinary. The padlock icon still looks quite strange in some style versions. The hot cup also needs getting used to. But everything has to be recognizable by people with bad eyesight. I hope that is now the case. I'm still skeptical about the gradient. But it should still represent something.
Font backgrounds with yellow background on black background take forever - is endless. The adaptation takes much longer than the complete adaptation of the other versions.
Reminds me of my 1st style, which I changed a lot for the release on .com, because it needed too many extension adjustments. Which unfortunately will also be the case in this black-yellow variant of the Style.
hifikabin_black-yellow.jpg
hifikabin_black-yellow_online.jpg
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tastenplayer

Re: [DEV 2] ProsilverHiFiKabin (Child)

Post by Tastenplayer »

Downloadlink in first post is updated

Edit: 24.2.
Style should be ready as alpha (actually almost beta) version. But I have to change the cookie hint first.
With this style you will always find something that you think you can customize even better :mrgreen: . In between I also overwrote the wrong style version :oops: . But it was probably a Win10 problem, although changed in Notepad++. The style version change was not accepted everywhere.

The most difficult part of the phpBB style is definitely an adjustment of the alert-close button/icon. It's like Russian roulette :)

Tastenplayer

Re: [BETA] ProsilverHiFiKabin (Child)

Post by Tastenplayer »

Style is updated
It maybe still have errors in the style versions. The logo is in need of improvement.
I have to use the styles for some time to find any remaining errors. So far I have not seen anything more.
Edit: :oops: The codebox has definitely been forgotten & the quote :mrgreen:
Downloadlink in first post is actualized.

Edit:
Error corrected, styleversion is now in beta phase.
Download link in first post updated.
There could still be some things wrong or not readable.

Edit 26.2.
It still has some color mistakes. The main problem at the moment is the quicklogin (fieldset). Try to put the text with yellow background everywhere. The only thing that remains is a complete reformatting like in my other styles. But it should remain a halfway normal prosilver. I will try it now once with a background div.

There you go!
hifi_quicklogin.jpg
Whether the responsive still works :)

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Beta Version was definitiv too early :mrgreen:

Try this box-shadow for the dropdown ;) 8-)

Black-Gray

Code: Select all

-webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 10px 5px #555, 40px -20px #000, 40px 20px 40px #333, -40px 20px #000, -40px -20px 50px #444;
-moz-box-shadow: 0 0 10px 5px #555, 40px -20px #000, 40px 20px 40px #333, -40px 20px #000, -40px -20px 50px #444;
box-shadow: 0 0 10px 5px #555, 40px -20px #000, 40px 20px 40px #333, -40px 20px #000, -40px -20px 50px #444;
Gray-Gray

Code: Select all

-webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 10px 5px #b5b5b5, 40px -20px #333, 40px 30px 40px #bbb, -40px 20px #999, -40px -20px 50px #666;
-moz-box-shadow: 0 0 10px 5px #b5b5b5, 40px -20px #333, 40px 30px 40px #bbb, -40px 20px #999, -40px -20px 50px #666;
box-shadow: 0 0 10px 5px #b5b5b5, 40px -20px #333, 40px 30px 40px #bbb, -40px 20px #999, -40px -20px 50px #666;
In this style :lol:
dropdown shadow.jpg
dropdown shadow.jpg (14.2 KiB) Viewed 745 times

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

Amazing work as usual Jutta. I am sure its going to be useful to many users.

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

HiFiKabin wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:43 pm
Amazing work as usual Jutta. I am sure its going to be useful to many users.
Let's see what else happens in the validation. The linked google font is still the main problem.
I'm sure it's not all there yet. I have finally found some things I never knew where they are displayed :)

Tastenplayer

Re: [RC] ProsilverHiFiKabin (Child)

Post by Tastenplayer »

Style is updated to RC. The one or the other color error could still be present.
Quite a lot has been reworked and the css files have been corrected.
The problem of correctly inserting a google font still exists. According to google it should be done that way, but according to phpBB it is not correct , in my opinion (It's not the way to go). However, it seems to work in all browsers. But it will probably come back from validation to font insertion enhancement.

Unfortunately there are still the browser dependent white fields and dropdowns, which is definitely unfavorable, because for many people it is almost impossible or completely impossible to read on a white background. This should be considered / avoided in a new standard style. As it is currently configured, it seems to be impossible in the new browsers to customize their background-colors. An adaptation is quite complicated, would have to be completely changed in the html file. viewtopic.php?f=686&t=2542891 (Unfortunately also a problem of the ACP - Complicated color adjustment possibility. You get older and often get trouble with white backgrounds. This leaves only the solution with tinted clip attachment on the glasses. However, this only works if the font is not too small.)

Dowloadlink in first post is actualized.

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Since I took the Mystical-Dream out of the drawer again and worked on it, I always find something that I can improve into ProsilverHiFiKabin_4th. Therefore I have not yet sent this style on its first validation journey.

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

I have just sent the style on its first validation journey. However, I am afraid that he will need several attempts. The linked googlefont is definitely the problem! You do not know how to insert them correctly, respective how it is correct in phpBB. Let's wait and see what happens! Waiting for a nasty or even a nice surprise is something different than usual. But I'm prepared for a denied :mrgreen: .

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Noto+Sans/

Style is now in version 3.3.0.1 - first post is updated.
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

Fingers Crossed for you Jutta

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I don't know a lot about all this but I wonder why you bother with using google fonts if you are having such problems with them. You can include the font you want to use with the style if it is one that people are not likely to have on their computer.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Normally I have no problems with the insertion of fonts. But by Google the font is only in one format and should be inserted in a different way than it is normally done in a phpBB style. For this style I needed a font without embellishments in g.

One learns something new again - also good! :)

If someone download the style in my forum - no problem, the font is displayed correctly in all tested browsers. But not everything that works is allowed / accepted in the style validation. I just didn't need to submit it to the .com db. But since it is a style input from HiFiKabin, not the correct solution.

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles in Development”