[ALPHA] Custom "Database Down!" Message

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
MartectX
Translator

Re: [ALPHA] Custom "Database Down!" Message

Post by MartectX » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:34 pm

trashbox wrote:Any suggestion of how can I improve this solution?
And, did you try to reproduce this problem?
Well, the source of the problem is that you enabled database caching of your theme files. It's not possible to do otherwise with proSilver, I'm afraid, but just try and put this in your custom error page's header:

Code: Select all

<link rel="stylesheet" href="./styles/prosilver/theme/stylesheet.css" type="text/css" />

trashbox

Post by trashbox » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:53 pm

Hello MartectX!

I had already done that including this line:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="./styles/prosilver/theme/stylesheet.css" type="text/css" />
But, just it doesn't work, because, as you can see, the "stylesheet.css" import "colour.css" and "tweaks.css".
And in this two files, there is the string "{T_THEME_PATH}" that is usually replaced by styles.php.
In the first time of the general error page, it's fine, but not after F5 refresh, because it looks like can not find the images, the corners etc.

Did you try to reproduce this problem?
I mean, does it happen with you too (after F5 refresh)?

Thanks.
Equipe AjudaMatemática.com
Exercícios, plantão de dúvidas, desafios, problemas curiosos e repositório de materiais IME-USP do curso de licenciatura em Matemática!
Writing mathematical symbols with LaTeX and BBCode (just a bridge):
http://www.ajudamatematica.com/viewtopi ... p=177#p177

MartectX
Translator

Post by MartectX » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:19 pm

trashbox wrote:In the first time of the general error page, it's fine, but not after F5 refresh, because it looks like can not find the images, the corners etc.

Did you try to reproduce this problem?
I mean, does it happen with you too (after F5 refresh)?
For me it stops working at the first rendering of the "Database Down!" page. Now I inserted the absolute link to the stylesheet.css and like you said that didn't work out because of the {T_THEME_PATH}.

I tried and replaced all instances of {T_THEME_PATH} in colours.css with

and - try it yourself - now it works perfectly. I wonder why the style author made use of the theme path variable when the file itself is directly in that directory... :?

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”