[RC] Prime Subject Check

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Marioverehrer

Re: [RC] Prime Subject Check

Post by Marioverehrer »

Ok, now it works. But if there are words in the subject, which would be ignored in the normal search, these words there are ignored, too. Anyone knows how I can remove that, so there aren't ignored words any more?

demon327

Post by demon327 »

Marioverehrer wrote:Ok, now it works. But if there are words in the subject, which would be ignored in the normal search, these words there are ignored, too. Anyone knows how I can remove that, so there aren't ignored words any more?
those words are in a lang file in youre lang dir...

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Version1.4.10
  • Order the topic list by the number of matched words, and when equal then order by topic date.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!

Sunka

Post by Sunka »

And for update from v1.4.8 to v1.4.10 I must only replace ALL or JUST SOME files from root folder?
Or I have to do some CODES change?

Tell me primehalo, please do not angry, it is just my question...why you don't write update instructions for all your mods? If there is only to update files (not code changes) why you do not write that? Write in install.xml, or even here in MOD topic, but write that somewhere please.

You update MOD version for every bug fix, thank you for that, but I ussually always have to ask you in topic how to update your MOD...When I go to your site to download new versions of your MODs installed on my forum, and that is 14 MODS (It is only say that you are good coder :mrgreen: , your MODs are 10% of all installed MODs on my forum), and ussually I have to ask you same question...how to update from v.x.x to v.x.x???

Do not angry on my opinion and suggestion :mrgreen:

drankur

Post by drankur »

primehalo wrote:Version1.4.10
  • Order the topic list by the number of matched words, and when equal then order by topic date.
dear prime,
there are no update instructions to update from 1.4.8 to 1.4 .10 , please p[rovide it.
thank u

EDIT:
i copied the new files
Last edited by drankur on Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Sunka wrote:And for update from v1.4.8 to v1.4.10 I must only replace ALL or JUST SOME files from root folder?
Or I have to do some CODES change?

Tell me primehalo, please do not angry, it is just my question...why you don't write update instructions for all your mods? If there is only to update files (not code changes) why you do not write that? Write in install.xml, or even here in MOD topic, but write that somewhere please.

You update MOD version for every bug fix, thank you for that, but I ussually always have to ask you in topic how to update your MOD...When I go to your site to download new versions of your MODs installed on my forum, and that is 14 MODS (It is only say that you are good coder :mrgreen: , your MODs are 10% of all installed MODs on my forum), and ussually I have to ask you same question...how to update from v.x.x to v.x.x???

Do not angry on my opinion and suggestion :mrgreen:
I don't make update instructions when all you have to do is copy over the new files because I don't have the time. Besides the ton of MODs that I need to keep updated, I also have a job, and chores, and hobbies, and a wife, and a website that needs constant updating, and a forum that needs managing, and an email inbox with about 800 messages that need answering. I just don't have the time.

Every time you ask I give the same answer, just copy over the new files. If there is no update instructions then 99% of the time you just need to copy over the new files. And that other 1% is because I just forgot to write update instructions, in which case I can't help because I unless I'm documenting the code changes as I make them, I won't remember what they are.
Ken F. Innes IV

drankur

Post by drankur »

primehalo wrote:Version1.4.10
may be a bug:
if it doesn't find a subject , it gives the following message
&subject=hhh&bypass=1
please help

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Sounds like you need to clear your cache, both for the board and your browser. If that doesn't help, provide a link so I can see it happening.
Ken F. Innes IV

danswano

Post by danswano »

Thanks for the update Prime, still waiting the Search fix i told you about ;)

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Version1.4.11
  • Fixed a minor bug where the secondary sort would be by the topic title and not the topic date.
  • Fixed a minor bug where, if a results limit was set, then only that many results would be returned from the database, rather than returning all results, determining which ones had the most matched word, and then limiting that set.
  • Added two options (as defines to the includes/prime_subject_check.php file) so that the sort by most matched words can be disabled, and so you can set it to only list topics that match all words.
  • Fixed a minor mistake in the instructions which basically said to copy the "root/styles/*" files into into the "includes/styles" folder instead of the "styles" folder. Since "includes/styles" doesn't even exist, I'm sure everyone probably copied the files to the right location.
Ken F. Innes IV

danswano

Post by danswano »

Buddy what is the options that i should do to solve the problem that i told you about once here http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p6887195

define('PRIME_SUBJECT_CHECK_SORT_BEST', true); // Sort list by best match?
define('PRIME_SUBJECT_CHECK_MATCH_ALL', true); // Match all search words?

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

That's basically it.
Ken F. Innes IV

barraz

Post by barraz »

I installed the Prime Subject Check mod.
Very nice primehalo!

I have 2 questions:

1. I'm using version 1.4.11 (installed for each forum) but i dont see the subject check options that you have on the screenshot Screenshot ver. 1.4.4(first message in this forum) in my ACP. I only see in each forum stettings a option to enable of disable subject check. That's it. Where can I find these options?

2. It only search for subjects for each forum not for the whole board. Can I enable this for all forums?

jmjm003

Post by jmjm003 »

@ barraz

1. ACP > General Tab > go down to post settings > options are there.

2. Once you're in the options you will see.
Check all forums:
Check all forums instead of just the one being posted to.
Set it to yes to check all of the forums and not just the one being posted in.

barraz

Post by barraz »

Thank you very much. You made my day :)

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”