[MODDB] Milestone Congratulations 1.2.8

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
MartectX

[MODDB] Milestone Congratulations 1.2.8

Post by MartectX »

MOD Title: Milestone Congratulations
MOD Description: Enables the setup of milestones for members to reach. These may consist of (numbers freely adjustable): Making the 1000th post, creating the 1000th topic or registering as the 50th user. The user accomplishing a goal will be displayed on the index page until the next milestone is reached. Upon reaching a milestone the counter automatically increments by an (once again) adjustable amount.

For every accomplished goal a database entry is created which can be used with medals, cash or points of any kind; also there's a new "history page" that displays all milestones.
MOD Version: 1.2.8
MOD Download: http://mods.martectx.de/milestone_congratulations.zip
Add-On for Simple Points System: http://mods.martectx.de/simple_points_system.zip

This mod is a remake of Beitragsgratulierer for phpBB2.

subSilver2: posts and topics, history disabled

proSilver: posts, topics and users, history enabled, admin view

Admin Control Panel Module

proSilver: Milestone History Page

subSilver2: Milestone History Page

Example output on "Who's Online?" Page
Last edited by MartectX on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 26 times in total.
darkonia

Re: [RC] Post Congratulations

Post by darkonia »

oh a great mod, thx for this nice idea.. :D
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.
MartectX

Post by MartectX »

Added some screenshots.

For you native speakers: Is it correct to say "The 3000. post" or should that read "The 3000th post"?
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

MartectX wrote:Added some screenshots.

For you native speakers: Is it correct to say "The 3000. post" or should that read "The 3000th post"?
The 3000th post its better, but everybody can change it like own :D
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.
Jaga

Post by Jaga »

MartectX wrote:Added some screenshots.

It would be much easier to say: "Post number 3000 was made by MartectX, congradulations!" You can totally avoid any "th" "nd" "st", etc.

I might also suggest placing commas in for delimiters every thousand count. i.e. instead of 1000000 (1 million), it would display 1,000,000. Makes it a bit easier to read for larger numbers, and since people usually gloss over the statistics section anyhow, they don't tend to let their eyes grab everything down there.
MartectX

Post by MartectX »

Thanks for you suggestions, but I won't do comma separation because that would be insconsistent with the rest of the statistics.
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

sorry whre i must set the congrats_goal number?
MartectX

Post by MartectX »

darkonia wrote:sorry whre i must set the congrats_goal number?
It's in the SQL query. I'll look into including a separate file from where you can set it more easily in a later revision.
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

MartectX wrote:
darkonia wrote:sorry whre i must set the congrats_goal number?
It's in the SQL query. I'll look into including a separate file from where you can set it more easily in a later revision.
the sql query is in the db, i cant chng it, i dont see it...maybe im dumb...hmm today is not my day Oo
MartectX

Re: [RC1] Post Congratulations

Post by MartectX »

1.0.0 RC1
- Small display change (1000th)
- Automatically set valid next goal at installation

Darkonia, try it out: It should work as easy as catching a turtle now!
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

That's a nice idea MartectX :)
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

MartectX wrote:1.0.0 RC1
- Small display change (1000th)
- Automatically set valid next goal at installation

Darkonia, try it out: It should work as easy as catching a turtle now!
i think so, but where in the db, in phpbb_config where the sql input is made i find nothing like this to change...

how can i input this sql string again with another number?

sorry for my bad english...
MartectX

Post by MartectX »

Download the latest version and upload root/set_congrat_goal.php to your phpBB3 directory and execute it in your browser.

Tell me what happened and if it worked, please (and delete the script afterwards)!
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

MartectX wrote:Download the latest version and upload root/set_congrat_goal.php to your phpBB3 directory and execute it in your browser.

Tell me what happened and if it worked, please (and delete the script afterwards)!
ok thx i will tell you XD
Nicole86

Post by Nicole86 »

Very nice mod, but why don't you make the number of posts in a fat font? I think it would be better, because the other numbers in the statistic are also fat!

And I'm missing the different group colours from my board. Like: Normal users are displayed in black, moderators are displayed in green and administrators are displayed in red!

In your mod is every user in the same colour displayed - also moderators and administrators...

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”