[MODDB] Milestone Congratulations 1.2.8

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
User avatar
MartectX
Translator
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:05 pm
Location: Marienplatz

Re: [RC2] Post Congratulations

Post by MartectX » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:01 am

Nicole86 wrote:Very nice mod, but why don't you make the number of posts in a fat font? I think it would be better, because the other numbers in the statistic are also fat!

And I'm missing the different group colours from my board. Like: Normal users are displayed in black, moderators are displayed in green and administrators are displayed in red!

In your mod is every user in the same colour displayed - also moderators and administrators...
Thanks for you feedback! :)
The bold fonts were already there but I made a mistake in the ModX files. It's fixed now.

1.0.0 RC2
- Small packaging changes
- Optionally enable use of group colors (thanks Nicole86)

User avatar
Jaga
Registered User
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:10 am

Re: [RC2] Post Congratulations

Post by Jaga » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:38 am

MartectX wrote:1.0.0 RC2
- Small packaging changes
- Optionally enable use of group colors (thanks Nicole86)
Looks good, and username colorization works well. I customized my own wording on the output, but this version is an improvement over the old.

User avatar
MartectX
Translator
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:05 pm
Location: Marienplatz

Re: [RC2] Post Congratulations

Post by MartectX » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:18 am

Jaga wrote:Looks good, and username colorization works well. I customized my own wording on the output, but this version is an improvement over the old.
Thank you very much. If you need some help I can post the changes necessary to go from steps of thousands to steps of hundreds, as your board is still in its infancy - it may be more stimulating when users can look forward to reaching the next goal.

Mandarola
Registered User
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:21 am

Re: [RC2] Post Congratulations

Post by Mandarola » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:23 am

I've 42.220 posts in my forum

so, if a user post the #43.000 he'll receive a congratulation, but in #44.000 is it work too?

Mandarola
Registered User
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:21 am

Re: [RC2] Post Congratulations

Post by Mandarola » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:37 am

sorry for up, but I'm seing the mod

so in includes/functions

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES
	('congrat_goal', '1000', '0'),
	('congrat_id', '1', '0'),
	('congrat_user', 'Anonymous', '0');
Should I change this number='1000' to 43000?

User avatar
MartectX
Translator
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:05 pm
Location: Marienplatz

Re: [RC2] Post Congratulations

Post by MartectX » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:57 am

Mandarola wrote:I've 42.220 posts in my forum

so, if a user post the #43.000 he'll receive a congratulation, but in #44.000 is it work too?
Yes, the goal will automatically increment by 1'000.
Mandarola wrote:so in includes/functions

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES
	('congrat_goal', '1000', '0'),
	('congrat_id', '1', '0'),
	('congrat_user', 'Anonymous', '0');
Should I change this number='1000' to 43000?
You can do either that or use the provided set_congrat_goal.php. Your choice!

Mandarola
Registered User
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:21 am

Re: [RC2] Post Congratulations

Post by Mandarola » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:02 am

If I install this mod without changing anything...will it work when a user post the 43000th post? no trouble?

User avatar
MartectX
Translator
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:05 pm
Location: Marienplatz

Re: [RC2] Post Congratulations

Post by MartectX » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:11 am

Mandarola wrote:If I install this mod without changing anything...will it work when a user post the 43000th post? no trouble?
As long as you do as the instructions tell you, namely:

Code: Select all

Run the script set_congrat_goal.php that you uploaded to your phpBB3 root directory and delete it afterwards.
Check the "Milestone: xxxx" display and let me know if there's a problem!

updown
Registered User
Posts: 542
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:53 am

Re: [RC2] Post Congratulations

Post by updown » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:12 am

Nice Mod! :!:

Has anybody tested yet what will happen, when the last post for the goal will be deleted afterwards? Say, the goal is 40.000, user "TEST" reached this goal, but his post has to be deleted afterwards (e.g. due to spamming), so the total posts are 39.999, how does this mod handle this? Like I'm reading the code, this mod doesn't change the Congrats and keeps the new goal with 41.000, doesn't it?

So, if you are open-minded for suggestions, I would recommend following further features:

- Give the congrats-goals and goal-posters a separate table in the database
- Make past goals available by saving all achieved goals and posters in this table, so the latest goals ever can be easily displayed on an extra page in a kind of history-view!
- This would make more future-features possible, like presenting last-congrats-goals in every poster's user-profile, or combinations with other mods like medal-system, simple points, cash-mod, etc!

User avatar
MartectX
Translator
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:05 pm
Location: Marienplatz

Re: [RC2] Post Congratulations

Post by MartectX » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:58 am

updown wrote:Has anybody tested yet what will happen, when the last post for the goal will be deleted afterwards? Say, the goal is 40.000, user "TEST" reached this goal, but his post has to be deleted afterwards (e.g. due to spamming), so the total posts are 39.999, how does this mod handle this? Like I'm reading the code, this mod doesn't change the Congrats and keeps the new goal with 41.000, doesn't it?
You are right, the mod doesn't care about deleted posts. To be more exact: Only the first poster to post the 40'000th post is displayed on the index page. To me this is sufficient.
updown wrote:So, if you are open-minded for suggestions, I would recommend following further features:

- Give the congrats-goals and goal-posters a separate table in the database
- Make past goals available by saving all achieved goals and posters in this table, so the latest goals ever can be easily displayed on an extra page in a kind of history-view!
- This would make more future-features possible, like presenting last-congrats-goals in every poster's user-profile, or combinations with other mods like medal-system, simple points, cash-mod, etc!
Hmmm... well... I never considered it *that* great of an accomplishment to accidentally post the x'000th post. Your sugestions would make it very much a competition for everlasting glory... somehow I like that. *g*

I'll look into it later today.

User avatar
MartectX
Translator
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:05 pm
Location: Marienplatz

Re: [RC3] Post Congratulations

Post by MartectX » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:07 pm

1.0.0 RC3
- Optionally enable a congrats history (thanks updown)
- Small changes in /contrib/colorize_username.xml
- proSilver changes are now inline edits

User avatar
MartectX
Translator
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:05 pm
Location: Marienplatz

Re: [RC] Post Congratulations

Post by MartectX » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:45 pm

1.0.0
- Submitted to Mod Database

User avatar
darkonia
Registered User
Posts: 1901
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 1:10 pm
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

Re: [RC] Post Congratulations

Post by darkonia » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:54 pm

where i can enable the conrats history?
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

User avatar
MartectX
Translator
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:05 pm
Location: Marienplatz

Re: [RC] Post Congratulations

Post by MartectX » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:01 pm

darkonia wrote:where i can enable the conrats history?
Download the latest version and open file /contrib/congrat_history.xml.

User avatar
darkonia
Registered User
Posts: 1901
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 1:10 pm
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

Re: [RC] Post Congratulations

Post by darkonia » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:22 pm

how can i make it, that the next milestone is not 1000?
i want only 250
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 23 guests

cron