[BETA] Advanced Points System v.0.9.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
CoffeeOD

Re: [BETA] Advanced Points System v.0.9.1

Post by CoffeeOD »

Hoping that this mod would make it to RC status soon with bugs fixed, wanted to instal alreayl but after reading comments there seem to be enough problems that I decided to wait :P I have been looking to add lottery into my phpbb for very long time and this would seem to be perfect solution for it, keep up the work.
P@t

Post by P@t »

Bonjour
je suis a la recherche de la traduction en français du mod
merci par avance :~:

Good morning
I am has the research of translation in French of the mod
thank you beforehand :~:
wojtula

Post by wojtula »

This mod is T H E B E S T PHPBB3 M O D !!!! :D

Great Job ...
ShawnTeo

Post by ShawnTeo »

Following closely to instructions, the files

root/style/prosilver/template/points_donor.html,
root/style/prosilver/template/points_donorconfirm.html,

are missing from the downloaded folder.

and the instruction to add the file
root/style/prosilver/template/points_robbery.html
is missing from the
templates/prosilver.xml document.

and does anyone know how to open documents only in UTF-8 encoding from my cpanel? the faulty encoding is causing some coding errors too
Adrian1

Post by Adrian1 »

wojtula wrote:This mod is T H E B E S T PHPBB3 M O D !!!! :D

Great Job ...
Thanks ;)
ShawnTeo wrote:Following closely to instructions, the files

root/style/prosilver/template/points_donor.html,
root/style/prosilver/template/points_donorconfirm.html,

are missing from the downloaded folder.

and the instruction to add the file
root/style/prosilver/template/points_robbery.html
is missing from the
templates/prosilver.xml document.

and does anyone know how to open documents only in UTF-8 encoding from my cpanel? the faulty encoding is causing some coding errors too
Please read the other message, because i have already tell to users what it is need just to copy al files from /root to /root. I will fix the insall in the next version.
About utf-8, use a ftp clients and then edit file wit notepad++(or another php editor).
RPG MOD for phpbb3
the_sparrer

Post by the_sparrer »

I really need the feature to only give points to users when they post in certain forums. I want to use it to encourage them to post more in forums other than the random chat forum. Also, would it be possible to make it award points based on the number of characters in the post?

Any idea when the next version is coming?

my users really want this mod so I am anxious for it to be ready. thank you! :mrgreen:
Ashley.S.
Name: Ashley .S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

the_sparrer wrote:I really need the feature to only give points to users when they post in certain forums. I want to use it to encourage them to post more in forums other than the random chat forum. Also, would it be possible to make it award points based on the number of characters in the post?

Any idea when the next version is coming?

my users really want this mod so I am anxious for it to be ready. thank you! :mrgreen:
all of that is already available on the mid, you can see the points per forum when setting it up. Also in the points settings in the ACP, you can already set up things like points per word, charecter, poll, attachment, etc. too.

No idea when the next version is ready, but Adrian is working on the shop mod addon currently so it could be some time yet.
Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ PurephpBB Founder ]
The Childlike Empress

Post by The Childlike Empress »

This is exactly what I am looking for...except for one thing...is there anyway the points could be linked to rank. I want a mod so that just mods and admins can give points for contests good work etc. and that those points will affect their rank..rather than the number of posts they have.
Ashley.S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

The Childlike Empress wrote:This is exactly what I am looking for...except for one thing...is there anyway the points could be linked to rank. I want a mod so that just mods and admins can give points for contests good work etc. and that those points will affect their rank..rather than the number of posts they have.
I don't think that's possible, although Adrian might consider it at a later date perhaps. The points system also has full permission controls to both moderators & admins as to who can adjust users points and also includes permissions to use the bank, robbery system, view logs & actually use the points system unlike others out there
Regards,
The Childlike Empress

Post by The Childlike Empress »

That's cool so it has everything I need except being linked to rank! I used Cash Mod and that did what I needed it to do..but it also had a whole bunch of stuff I didn't need..so I was hoping to find something like this that could link to ranks as well and not all that other currency stuff.
Ashley.S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

Adrian Removed the currency stuff I believe because it was not being used by many using the mod and was just gathering dust so he replaced it with the robbery system. If you want a good look around, there is always the demo site at: http://phpbbgods.org/ if you have not been there yet.
Regards,
Greight

Post by Greight »

Whatever I do I cant get it displayed in ACP. The module is installed and exists in Module management and is active but not displayed ! What can I do ? :|
Greight

Post by Greight »

I found out that the problem is caused by permissions. Although I have set all permissions to YES for myself any where I could find permission settings, nevertheless in Permission masks I have no authorization to work with points system. Even in Permission masks when I click on the permission details trace results show that I have the permission ! :roll:
Ulenka

Post by Ulenka »

Please, prompt the request for convertation of base of user's points from version phpBB2.0 to the version phpBB3.0
Is this right request?

In file convert_phpbb20.php

Code: Select all

array('user_points',         'users.points',            'intval'),
Thank you!
Anubis_The_Jackal

Post by Anubis_The_Jackal »

This mod works pretty darn well for me, and I have to say the author has done a really great awesome job :) I'd only ask for one thing, and that would be multiple types of points. That'd be about it.
PHPBB since 03
Jackuul Empire-MSRP V

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”