[BETA] Advanced Points System v.0.9.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Adrian1

Re: [BETA] Points System v.0.8.1

Post by Adrian1 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:27 pm

b0n3Zs wrote:thanks. I translated it to russian on my forum, do you need russian translation?
Yes, please send it to my ;)
Or post it your self on my site : http://phpbbmods.us.to.
Thanks
RPG MOD for phpbb3

b0n3Zs

Post by b0n3Zs » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:32 pm

hmm, there is problem:
I set up Points per character in new posts: to 0.01.
When i write english character, it gives me 0.01pt.
When i write RUSSIAN character, it gives me 0.02pt.
When i write smile, it gives me 0.94pt :(

Adrian1

Post by Adrian1 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:37 pm

b0n3Zs wrote:hmm, there is problem:
I set up Points per character in new posts: to 0.01.
When i write english character, it gives me 0.01pt.
When i write RUSSIAN character, it gives me 0.02pt.
When i write smile, it gives me 0.94pt :(
I dont now whai, i use strlen() function...
But i will investigate this problem.
RPG MOD for phpbb3

brandon_0007

Post by brandon_0007 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:25 pm

I would first off like to say that I love this mod. My users like the idea of earning money or points I guess you could say. I don’t have members really donate to my forums, though. I have come up with an excellent idea for your mod, but cannot do it myself, since I’m not experienced in this area. Just look at this as a suggestion if anything (or a request).

I noticed there isn’t really a point in the point system other than ranking up points, but what if there was a way you could make contest or games, which users would have to pay (with points) in order to take part in the contest or game?

How could this work? For example, when creating a new topic if you’re admin or mod, you have the option to change what type of topic it is, such as “Normal”, “Sticky”, Announce”, or “Global”. There could an option called “Contest” that you could select. When this topic is posted, then “Add Reply” button would be replaced with a button called “Pay 5.00”. Once they click this button, then it will ask them, “Are you sure you want to pay 5.00 points to play?”

After they have paid for the topic, then the button will turn back to the “Add reply” button, and they could take part in the contest or game. This of course, would take 5.00 points from their account. This could also work out if the admin just wanted people to pay for certain post. The amount for the contest could be set before creating the topic (or just set by default in the mod panel).

Now, I was thinking that you wouldn’t want people to end up paying for late contest. So, you could set the amount of seconds the contest will last. What that will do is determine how long the “Pay 5.00” button will replace the add reply button. Once the set amount of seconds is up, then it will turn back to the reply button or possibly just lock the topic. The amount of seconds could be set by default in the .mod panel.

If there is no possible way to change the buttons like said, then possibly there could be a way they could not reply in the topic if they haven’t paid, and a button would appear somewhere on the topic that would allow them to pay to play.

Of course, the point system wouldn’t automatically give the points to the user that won, but an admin or mod would have to give the points to the winner on their own.

I might have got a little too carried away with this idea, or isn’t possible. Just thought it would be nice to put better use to the point system, where they could lose points and earn points in different ways.

If this idea were a little too crazy or hard, then I have a different one. It would also be nice if they had to pay for a certain avatar size, signature length, or something in that area. It would be a user’s way of earning things on the forums, while losing their points at the same time.

:D

Adrian1

Post by Adrian1 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:39 pm

brandon_0007 wrote:I would first off like to say that I love this mod. My users like the idea of earning money or points I guess you could say. I don’t have members really donate to my forums, though. I have come up with an excellent idea for your mod, but cannot do it myself, since I’m not experienced in this area. Just look at this as a suggestion if anything (or a request).

I noticed there isn’t really a point in the point system other than ranking up points, but what if there was a way you could make contest or games, which users would have to pay (with points) in order to take part in the contest or game?

How could this work? For example, when creating a new topic if you’re admin or mod, you have the option to change what type of topic it is, such as “Normal”, “Sticky”, Announce”, or “Global”. There could an option called “Contest” that you could select. When this topic is posted, then “Add Reply” button would be replaced with a button called “Pay 5.00”. Once they click this button, then it will ask them, “Are you sure you want to pay 5.00 points to play?”

After they have paid for the topic, then the button will turn back to the “Add reply” button, and they could take part in the contest or game. This of course, would take 5.00 points from their account. This could also work out if the admin just wanted people to pay for certain post. The amount for the contest could be set before creating the topic (or just set by default in the mod panel).

Now, I was thinking that you wouldn’t want people to end up paying for late contest. So, you could set the amount of seconds the contest will last. What that will do is determine how long the “Pay 5.00” button will replace the add reply button. Once the set amount of seconds is up, then it will turn back to the reply button or possibly just lock the topic. The amount of seconds could be set by default in the .mod panel.

If there is no possible way to change the buttons like said, then possibly there could be a way they could not reply in the topic if they haven’t paid, and a button would appear somewhere on the topic that would allow them to pay to play.

Of course, the point system wouldn’t automatically give the points to the user that won, but an admin or mod would have to give the points to the winner on their own.

I might have got a little too carried away with this idea, or isn’t possible. Just thought it would be nice to put better use to the point system, where they could lose points and earn points in different ways.

If this idea were a little too crazy or hard, then I have a different one. It would also be nice if they had to pay for a certain avatar size, signature length, or something in that area. It would be a user’s way of earning things on the forums, while losing their points at the same time.

:D
Thirst, a very long topic :)
It is a good ideea i will think about it.
Thanks ;)
RPG MOD for phpbb3

brandon_0007

Post by brandon_0007 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:51 pm

Thanks for taking the time to read it.

brandon_0007

Post by brandon_0007 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:33 pm

I have a question about the bank.

I have the interest payment time set to 5 days. Does the 5 days start the minute I enter the amount of seconds and hit submit, or 5 days from when a members deposit money in the bank for the first time?

so, in other words, will 5 days be the same for everyone, or will everyones 5 days be different?

daGrevis

Post by daGrevis » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:06 pm

Yeah, it will be useful, if you give me Russian translation files... ;)
P.S. My English is sick! :lol:

Adrian1

Post by Adrian1 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:58 pm

daGrevis wrote:Yeah, it will be useful, if you give me Russian translation files... ;)
P.S. My English is sick! :lol:
http://phpbbmods.us.to/viewforum.php?f=4
RPG MOD for phpbb3

daGrevis

Post by daGrevis » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:54 pm

Ok, install your MOD, but when i click to Points [ 0.00 ], it give me - "You are not authorised to access this area.", but im logged in! :D
Any ideas?

Adrian1

Post by Adrian1 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:30 pm

daGrevis wrote:Ok, install your MOD, but when i click to Points [ 0.00 ], it give me - "You are not authorised to access this area.", but im logged in! :D
Any ideas?
You must set the permission
RPG MOD for phpbb3

daGrevis

Post by daGrevis » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:42 pm

Where? I cant find them in .MODS / Advanced Points System?

Adrian1

Post by Adrian1 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:21 pm

daGrevis wrote:Where? I cant find them in .MODS / Advanced Points System?
ufff... it i s in ACP->Permission->User Permission->Points.
RPG MOD for phpbb3

daGrevis

Post by daGrevis » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:16 pm

Thanks and sorry about my stupidity! :(

automaty

Post by automaty » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:47 pm

Checking file edits...

The following files do not seem to be edited:
phpbb_root_path/includes/constants.php - define('ACCT_HIST_TABLE', $table_prefix . 'account_hist');
phpbb_root_path/language/en/common.php - 'NOT_BANK' => 'Payouttime is too short.',
Checking modules...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /points_install/install_check.php on line 377: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

All modules installed
Checking permissions data...

All permissions exist
There were errors found with the installation.

Click here to return to the board index.

Help me, please. installed on http://automaty-hotspot.pl and not see "LOGS" TAB and there is no button Paypal! :|

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”