[RC] Prime Notify - Put the message in notification emails

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
ptejada

Re: [RC] Prime Notify - Put the message in notification emails

Post by ptejada » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:20 pm

I used AUTOMOD to install this and it works perfect!! Thanks

I look and search this whole Topic on how to parse the Emails Notification, All emails arrive with all BBCODE,
Does anyone knows how get Email Notifications Parsed? so they are sent as HTML instead of BBCODE...

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:16 am

TanGU wrote:1)
I did some test, the english version is working good, i received emails with everything included (subject, author, message...)

But on the french version, i did some modification and i lost the subject in the subject of the email, but in the body of the included message, i can see the subject there.

This is only with the prime_notify_topic.txt, the newtopic seem fine each time?
I'd guess that you probably translated the word "Subject" on the first line.
TanGU wrote:2)
Also, i receive an email on new topic creation very fast, but the reply to a topic can take up to 10min ? I use phpbb3.04. Is there a way to speed that ?
This MOD has nothing to do with that, so this question would be better asked in a separate thread.
ptejada wrote:I look and search this whole Topic on how to parse the Emails Notification, All emails arrive with all BBCODE,
Does anyone knows how get Email Notifications Parsed? so they are sent as HTML instead of BBCODE...
Sorry, this MOD does not offer that feature.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!

Andrewsha

Post by Andrewsha » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:42 am

Hello!
First of all - thanks for MOD!

Today I've discovered one problem. I have installed "Karma MOD" (something like reputation) sometime ago. And a couple of days ago I've installed "Prime Notify". Currently when I change karma for user at the top of page I get:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/prime_notify.php on line 98: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Delimiter must not be alphanumeric or backslash

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at G:\home\clubfonar\www\includes\functions.php:3276) in G:\home\clubfonar\www\includes\functions.php on line 3923

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at G:\home\clubfonar\www\includes\functions.php:3276) in G:\home\clubfonar\www\includes\functions.php on line 3925

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at G:\home\clubfonar\www\includes\functions.php:3276) in G:\home\clubfonar\www\includes\functions.php on line 3926

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at G:\home\clubfonar\www\includes\functions.php:3276) in G:\home\clubfonar\www\includes\functions.php on line 3927
URL for page looks like:

http://my-site/karma.php?mode=update&action=increase&confirm_key=NSAD3CS8NV
It's like redirect page.
Karma MOD has option to sent notification by PM to user in case of changing his Karma.
Please help me resolve the problem.
Thanks in advance.

Andrewsha

Post by Andrewsha » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:12 am

It seems I found solution by myself. Changed in string:

preg_replace('\[\*:' . $uid . ']', '* ', $text);
to string:

preg_replace('/\[\*:' . $uid . ']/', '* ', $text);
But very want your approve or disapprove.
Thanks.

mre03

Post by mre03 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:47 pm

just for clarification on what this mod does,

this basically notifies you whenever someone replies to a thread and shows what the person wrote in the email?

Andrewsha

Post by Andrewsha » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:20 am

mre03 wrote:this basically notifies you whenever someone replies to a thread and shows what the person wrote in the email?
Yes!

mre03

Post by mre03 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:37 am

Andrewsha wrote:
mre03 wrote:this basically notifies you whenever someone replies to a thread and shows what the person wrote in the email?
Yes!
sweet! ill test out this mod then :D

mre03

Post by mre03 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:19 pm

so far it looks like its working!

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:27 am

Andrewsha wrote:It seems I found solution by myself. Changed in string:

preg_replace('\[\*:' . $uid . ']', '* ', $text);
to string:

preg_replace('/\[\*:' . $uid . ']/', '* ', $text);
But very want your approve or disapprove.
Thanks.
Yep, thank you for catching that.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!

RLHoldenSr
Name: Robin Holden Sr

Post by RLHoldenSr » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:34 pm

I installed Prime Notify on my website yesterday and now I keep getting these errors when trying to post/submit messages and send mass emails?

Can you please help me out?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_messenger.php on line 1106: gethostbyaddr() [function.gethostbyaddr]: Address is not a valid IPv4 or IPv6 address

Robin Holden Sr.
http://www.canarynest.net

RLHoldenSr

Post by RLHoldenSr » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:29 pm

I have gone through and rechecked all the changes and etc, there must be a compatibility problem with the new V3.05?

Anyone else have V3.05 and Prime Notify?

Ashley.S.
Name: Ashley .S.

Post by Ashley.S. » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:32 pm

RLHoldenSr wrote:I have gone through and rechecked all the changes and etc, there must be a compatibility problem with the new V3.05?

Anyone else have V3.05 and Prime Notify?
I do and it works great :D not sure on 3.0.6 though
Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ ProphpBB Free Forum Hosting Moderator ]

WascallyWabbit

Post by WascallyWabbit » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:50 pm

The only problem i have noticed with 3.0.6RC3 so far is that the notifications for PMs are leaving the Sender and Subject blank. All the other notifications seem ok. I have fiddled a bit, but cannot seem to find a change from 3.0.5 to .0.6 that can fix this......any suggestions?

RLHoldenSr

Post by RLHoldenSr » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:14 pm

The error apparently is with PHPBB V3.05 and not Prime Notify!

I found another post with a fix that seems to have worked so far.

I get this when trying to post, send PMs, mass emails and etc, but it does not seem to happen every time?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_messenger.php on line 1106: gethostbyaddr() [function.gethostbyaddr]: Address is not a valid IPv4 or IPv6 address

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/X/dxxxxxxxx/htdocs/mywebsite/xxxxxx/includes/functions.php:3247) in /homepages/X/dxxxxxxxx/htdocs/mywebsite/xxxxxx/adm/index.php on line 150

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/X/dxxxxxxxx/htdocs/mywebsite/xxxxxx/includes/functions.php:3247) in /homepages/X/dxxxxxxxx/htdocs/mywebsite/xxxxxx/adm/index.php on line 152

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/X/dxxxxxxxx/htdocs/mywebsite/xxxxxx/includes/functions.php:3247) in /homepages/X/dxxxxxxxx/htdocs/mywebsite/xxxxxx/adm/index.php on line 153

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/X/dxxxxxxxx/htdocs/mywebsite/xxxxxx/includes/functions.php:3247) in /homepages/X/dxxxxxxxx/htdocs/mywebsite/xxxxxx/adm/index.php on line 154

Fix:

I figured out how to fix the problem. The issue as shown above is on line 1106 of includes/functions_messenger.php and is as follows:

$local_host = (function_exists('php_uname')) ? gethostbyaddr(gethostbyname(php_uname('n'))) : $user->host;

The issue is that on my server (which is a Linux server), there is a DNS issue that prevents the server from knowing its own name. For instance, the computer name of the server is webserver and from a terminal if I type "ping webserver" I get the response that no host was found. However, if I ping the internal IP address of the server from itself there is a response. To fix the problem, I simply removed the DNS mapping issue by hard coding the loop-back interface IP address which is a valid address on any server. I replaced the above line of code with this one:

$local_host = (function_exists('php_uname')) ? gethostbyaddr("127.0.0.1") : $user->host;

I hope this helps someone else.

WascallyWabbit

Post by WascallyWabbit » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:15 pm

Well, I have been messing with my issue on 3.0.6RC3 and the only thing I can figure is that for some reason the variables like {SUBJECT} and others are not being passed correctly to the text layout for the notifier. Finally, I ended up disabling the PM component of the mod so at least the email sent contained most of the relevant information....minus the {MESSAGE} and such. If anyone has a solution I would really appreciate it :)

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”