[RC] Prime Notify - Put the message in notification emails

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
primehalo
Former Team Member

Re: [RC] Prime Notify - Put the message in notification emails

Post by primehalo »

Sorry, I have no suggestions. The mod_contribs column has nothing to do with this MOD.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!
AzMandius

Post by AzMandius »

Installed, did all exactly as instruction say. Getting blank page upon reply send. Very disappointing, uninstalled, classified this as crap, because author never paid attention to this bug, which makes this add on completely useless.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

AzMandius wrote:Installed, did all exactly as instruction say. Getting blank page upon reply send. Very disappointing, uninstalled, classified this as crap, because author never paid attention to this bug, which makes this add on completely useless.
you have given no information about what problems you are having, what bug you are talking about etc.

the author of this MOD has not even been around for a couple of years . the MOD was created for phpbb version 3.0.8.

what version are you trying to install it on?
what version of php and mysql is your server running etc.

also, this was never validated to begin with. it was always in development so you should not be trying to install it on a live board unless you can talk to the author or figure out how to solve whatever problems you may have with it.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
AzMandius

Post by AzMandius »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:you have given no information about what problems you are having, what bug you are talking about etc.
No problems, just a blank page upon click on submit button comes out (i noticed this issue with other users while going through this topic). I tend to consider this as bug.
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:the author of this MOD has not even been around for a couple of years . the MOD was created for phpbb version 3.0.8.
I guess my bad, I'm on 3.0.11
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:what version of php and mysql is your server running etc.
PHP 5.4.18 / SQL 5.5.33
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:also, this was never validated to begin with. it was always in development so you should not be trying to install it on a live board unless you can talk to the author or figure out how to solve whatever problems you may have with it.
Did not notice that, my bad again, sorry.
Lumpy Burgertushie

the most likely culprit is because you are running a newer version of php than this MOD was designed for.

blank pages usually mean php errors and you will have to look at the error logs on your server to determine what errors, if any, are related to this MOD.

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

This MOD was validated and officially released, and does work with phpBB 3.0.12:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/prime_notify/

I wouldn't classify your issue as a bug quite yet. It sounds more like something probably went wrong during installation. Did you install this manually or did you use AutoMOD? Lumpy is right, checking the logs on your server should lead you to the problem area in the code.
Ken F. Innes IV
AzMandius

Post by AzMandius »

I installed it manually. I guess server log will have to be examined.
Thanks.
AzMandius

Post by AzMandius »

primehalo wrote:This MOD was validated and officially released, and does work with phpBB 3.0.12:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/prime_notify/
Forgot to ask, with phpBB 3.0.11 should i use 1.0.10b or 1.0.10?
Thanks.
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Version 1.0.10 and 1.0.10a should have the proper instructions for phpBB 3.0.11 while version 1.0.10b should have instructions for phpBB 3.0.12. The included files should be the same, however.

You might want to consider updating to phpBB 3.0.12 as there may have been bug and/or security fixes.
Ken F. Innes IV
AzMandius

Post by AzMandius »

I gave it a new try with proper version, and things worked fine. Thank you for links and references.

If i don't install users choice, will users still get notified about new replies to topics they are currently already subscribed, using the regular board notification system, or does did mod actually completely replace board's native notification system, and i have to install users choice if i want them to get notified as well?
Thanks.
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

The Users Choice add-on just lets the user choose whether they want the default notification email or one with the posted message included. Without it, everyone will receive notification emails containing the posted message.
Ken F. Innes IV
AzMandius

Post by AzMandius »

I still have one small issue though. My board is in 3 languages. But only for English speaking users there's a subject posted in notification mail subject field, for other languages, the mail subject is actually included in the body content message, while in the very mail subject field there's a No e-mail subject specified title.

I moved topic to proper release support area: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... pic/151211
Last edited by AzMandius on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lumpy Burgertushie

sorry for my misinformation about the validation of the MOD.

robert

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”