[RC] Prime Notify - Put the message in notification emails

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Cable Player

Re: [RC] Prime Notify - Put the message in notification emai

Post by Cable Player »

Hello,
I also used AutoMOD to install this. It said it worked fine, but again, emails were not being send when PMs are received.

Update: I now have the emails working, but the message body is not displayed in the email, only the default title is.
jgonsalves

Post by jgonsalves »

My apolpgoies for be a bit of a noob, but I have just installed the mod Prime Notify and It look as if the Private messages are emailing out the mesaage but normal post do not', can anyone point in the right direction of were to look to resolve this issue. I have check codes insert and they seem to be in the correct place.

Thanks in advaned
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Are normal posts using the original, default e-mail template or are they using the e-mail templates that came with this MOD and just not filling in anything for the post text?
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!
robra

Post by robra »

Hi.

I knew this MOD combines the functionality of two of yours other MODs, Prime Notify Topic and Prime Notify PM, but when an user said that the "[RC1] Prime Notify Topic - Add Msg to Notification Email doesn't take care of the issue regarding No More Notifications Will Be Sent", then you answer him: "It does now! Read the author notes in the instructions to find out how to implement that feature." - it's on the page http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 2&t=547249.
Well, I would like to know if this MOD make the user continue receiving notifications about new Topics even without visit the forum to read the posted messages.
Really, what I want is only disable the default condition : "no more notifications will be sent until you visit the forum."

Thanks.
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

My MOD has that option available, but if you ONLY want to disable the default condition of "no more notifications will be sent until you visit the forum", then my MOD won't do this without some modification.
Ken F. Innes IV
robra

Post by robra »

Okay... no problem. I understood.
I don't want only remove the text "no more notifications will be sent until you visit the forum" of the e-mail notification. I want disable that condition default to users always received the notifications of new topics or new posted messages independent if them visited the Forum or not.
I didn't find any solution for disable that default condition and I don't care install your MOD only to use this resource.
My doubt was if this MOD did it too or not.
Then, this MOD allows too that the users always received the notifications of new topics or new posted messages independent if them visited the Forum or not. Right ?

Thanks.
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Yes, if you set that option.
Ken F. Innes IV
bddforum

Post by bddforum »

Greetings,
I can't seem to figure it out, but does this MOD have any user choice for whether or not to receive additional notifications if they have not visited the forum? I see that there's a user's choice modification to allow the user to choose whether or not to receive text, but my userbase is pretty split on whether or not they wish to recieve additional notifications without visiting the forum (many of them like to monitor forum activity at work without having to actually visit the forum).

I appreciate your effort and time - this modification is the only reason I could pry them all away from the monstrosity that is Yahoo Groups.

Yours,
bddforum admin
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Unfortunately, that is not an option available to individual users. I don't think it would take too much to add the option. If you're proficient in PHP you could probably do it yourself. I think you'd basically just go through the same procedure as installing the user choice add-on but using a different variable, like instead of user_notify_content use user_notify_always. Then just make a couple changes to the prime_notify.php file wherever the PRIME_NOTIFY_ALWAYS shoes up so that the setting would actually have an affect. I would do it myself but I already have a bunch of paid projects I need to work on.
Ken F. Innes IV
bddforum

Post by bddforum »

primehalo wrote:Unfortunately, that is not an option available to individual users. I don't think it would take too much to add the option. If you're proficient in PHP you could probably do it yourself. I think you'd basically just go through the same procedure as installing the user choice add-on but using a different variable, like instead of user_notify_content use user_notify_always. Then just make a couple changes to the prime_notify.php file wherever the PRIME_NOTIFY_ALWAYS shoes up so that the setting would actually have an affect. I would do it myself but I already have a bunch of paid projects I need to work on.
Alright - thank you - I appreciate the response. I don't really know any php, but I'm fairly good with C++ and Java, so I can't see it being that difficult to mimic the code that's already there with new variables given that I have a solid understanding of how code generally works.

Thanks again for the great modification!
quasar10

Post by quasar10 »

Hi there,

After Installation of this MOD, I was still receiving email notifications without subject. Then I tried going to >> User control panel>>Board preference>>Edit posting defaults
There the bottom two options were untick, and both being same. i.e. "Include the post's content in the notification email?"

Now when I tried ticking the bullet button i get following error.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'user_notify_content' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_options = '230271', user_notify = 1, user_notify_content = NULL WHERE user_id = 54

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 175
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/ucp/ucp_prefs.php
LINE: 345
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: ucp_prefs->main()

FILE: ucp.php
LINE: 327
CALL: p_master->load_active()
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Sounds like you did not execute the SQL upon installation of the add on. Please re-read the installation instructions for Prime Notify Add-on: User's Choice, especially the part pertaining to executing SQL statements.
Ken F. Innes IV
craigbru

Post by craigbru »

I've got this mod installed on my test forum, and I've got a messaging issue. Private messages are received with the text and a link back to the forum as would be expected. However, topic notification emails arrive listed as private message emails with the text and no link. I've gone through my code edits several times, but can't see that I've made any obvious errors. If it makes a difference, I'm using the user choice add on. Any idea what might be causing the issue?
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

The only time the prime_notify_privmsg.txt email template is used is inside the setup_pm_vars() function, and the only place that function is called is in the includes/functions_privmsgs.php file, so I have no idea why you would be getting that template for posts and topics.
Last edited by primehalo on Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken F. Innes IV
craigbru

Post by craigbru »

I appreciate the response. It has me puzzled as well. It would be my luck I'd get such an issue. I'll try and dig deeper. There's got to be a solution. I'll update once I find it.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”