[RC] Prime Notify - Put the message in notification emails

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
gzd

Re: [RC] Prime Notify - Put the message in notification emails

Post by gzd » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:52 am

Hi,

Thanks for this MOD. It's very useful to see the message content in the mail notification and connect to the forum only if you know the answer.
Can you please tell me what do i need to change in order to get notifications about my posts as well.
It will allow me to forward it to people i think could know the answer and not currently registered to the forum.

Thanks,
gzd

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:34 pm

I don't know. I can't imagine it would be that difficult of a change, but I haven't looked into it and don't have the time to do so at the moment.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!

MonicaA

Post by MonicaA » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:47 pm

I just installed the mod, and it's working fine, with one exception.
All emails are sent without Subject, any idea what is causing this?

Thanks.

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:19 pm

Don't know why that would be happening. Seems like if the message is there the subject should be as well. Some people have reported that sometimes neither the message nor the subject are included, but they haven't provided any info that could help track down the problem so I couldn't tell you if it was related to your issue or not.
Ken F. Innes IV

MonicaA

Post by MonicaA » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:12 am

primehalo wrote:Don't know why that would be happening. Seems like if the message is there the subject should be as well. Some people have reported that sometimes neither the message nor the subject are included, but they haven't provided any info that could help track down the problem so I couldn't tell you if it was related to your issue or not.
Thanks for your response.

I'm running phpBB in Swedish, and the content of the messages works fine, I translated the language files to Swedish.

But the subject in the email is returning the message on line 376 in language\sv\common.php: 'NO_EMAIL_SUBJECT' => 'Inget e-postämne angavs.',
In the English file common.php this is on line 366: 'NO_EMAIL_SUBJECT' => 'No e-mail subject specified.',

I have no idea if this helps?

Best regards
/Monica

njs

Post by njs » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:00 pm

MonicaA wrote:
primehalo wrote:Don't know why that would be happening. Seems like if the message is there the subject should be as well. Some people have reported that sometimes neither the message nor the subject are included, but they haven't provided any info that could help track down the problem so I couldn't tell you if it was related to your issue or not.

I'm running phpBB in Swedish, and the content of the messages works fine, I translated the language files to Swedish.

But the subject in the email is returning the message on line 376 in language\sv\common.php: 'NO_EMAIL_SUBJECT' => 'Inget e-postämne angavs.',
In the English file common.php this is on line 366: 'NO_EMAIL_SUBJECT' => 'No e-mail subject specified.',

Best regards
/Monica
You also translated the word: Subject: in language/XX/email/prime*.txt that word should not be translated.. :)

Hope this helps.

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:53 am

ktcox67 wrote:I have been receiving odd results with using prime_notify. About 50% of the time the author and message is not included in the email. It will just contain the title. Here is an example email from this morning:

BEGIN:

Hello tcox, the forum "General Discussions" at "caBIG-KC.nci.nih.gov - caGrid" has received a new reply since your last visit. You can view the forum by clicking on the following link:
https://cabig-kc.nci.nih.gov/CaGrid/for ... um.php?f=9

Topic: Email notification feature testing
Author:

If you no longer wish to watch this forum, either click the "Unsubscribe forum" link found in the forum above, or click the following link:
https://cabig-kc.nci.nih.gov/CaGrid/for ... atch=forum
--
Thanks, The Management

END

Has anyone experienced this issue and if so what should I look for?

Thanks,

TCox
I think I might have an idea about what's causing this. Try opening includes/prime_notify.php, and find this:

Code: Select all

function setup_post_vars(&$messenger, $msg_lang, $template)
        {
            if ($this->enabled && $this->user_enabled) 
Then replace it with this:

function setup_post_vars(&$messenger, $msg_lang, $template)
        {
            if ($this->enabled)

Don't forget to clear the cache after making the change. Please let me know if this fixes the issue.
Ken F. Innes IV

MonicaA

Post by MonicaA » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:21 am

njs wrote:
MonicaA wrote:

Best regards
/Monica
You also translated the word: Subject: in language/XX/email/prime*.txt that word should not be translated.. :)

Hope this helps.
Ola njs,

In my case it doesn't matter if I translate Subject or not in the text-files. Right now it's left as it is in English.
I still receive the No e-mail subject specified (in Swedish) as the subject on messages, but in the content of the mail it works fine and returns the correct {FORUM_NAME} {SUBJECT} etc...

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:39 am

Did you clear the cache once you changed it back to English?
Ken F. Innes IV

MonicaA

Post by MonicaA » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:18 am

primehalo wrote:Did you clear the cache once you changed it back to English?
No, but I have done it now. Still the same No e-mail subject specified

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:33 am

Then I don't know what to tell ya. The board parses that first "Subject: " line to make the subject for the email.
Ken F. Innes IV

MonicaA

Post by MonicaA » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:29 pm

I reverted back to the standard replies now.

Thanks anyway for taking your time :)
I hope more personalized emails like your plugin produces, will be standard in future versions of phpBB.

Best regards
/Monica

ktcox67

Post by ktcox67 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:04 pm

Hello Ken,

I made the change and I received a few emails of missing Author and Message but forgot to clear the cache. I cleared the cache a few minutes ago and I will send out a few more emails to see.

- Todd

chris666uk1

Post by chris666uk1 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:15 pm

is there a way for it to email the pm in html

i am using the welcome pm mod and it works great but this sends them email out like this

Hello test, you have received a new private message to your account on"yourdomain.com". You can view your new message by clicking on thefollowing link: http://www.###########/ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox
_____________________________________________________________________ From: chrisSubject: 

Welcome to our forums!Message:Hello, <span style="font-weight: bold">test</span>!<br /><br />Welcome toyourdomain.com. You registered on <span style="font-weight: bold">Sun Oct05, 2008 8:02 pm</span>. According to your input, your email is: <spanstyle="font-weight: bold">########@hotmail.co.uk</span>.

You have requested that you be notified on this event; remember that youcan always choose not to be notified of new messages by changing theappropriate setting in your profile.-- Thanks, The Management

somniumaudio

Post by somniumaudio » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:20 pm

I have came across a weird problem. Emails seem to be queuing yup and are not sending until another post is made into a watched forum. So I will post a topic get sometimes get a email sometimes not but if I then post a new topic I will get the email about the previous topic posted.

Any ideas or recommendations of where I should start to look to fix this error. I have also moved this on 2 different servers and still getting the same problem.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”