[RC] Prime Notify - Put the message in notification emails

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Re: [RC] Prime Notify - Put the message in notification emails

Post by DragonMaster1 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:45 am

primehalo wrote:
DragonMaster1 wrote:

Code: Select all

//-- mod: Prime Notify ------------------------------------------------------//
LINE 1210:			$prime_notify->setup_post_template($notify_rows[$row['user_id']]);
//-- end: Prime Notify ------------------------------------------------------//
This doesn't look quite right... try downloading the latest version and go through the edits again to confirm everything is how it should be.

Strange....I added the fix that was posted here:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p6804355
But the new download seems to be somehow slightly different in code as my editor didn’t see it in the exact same way....so I added the new code in the current download and it seems to work with no errors now. This is odd as this same post was notifying for a month an just started sending that error.....???

Seems ok now though

Thanx Much....can’t do without this GREAT mod :D

Fray98rus

Post by Fray98rus » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:33 pm

Hello.
I found in this mod one bug.
When I send message with quote, text in email is

[quote="nick"]text[/quote]
Can you fix it? :roll:

gcaramaliu

Post by gcaramaliu » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:06 pm

primehalo wrote:
ktcox67 wrote:I have been receiving odd results with using prime_notify. About 50% of the time the author and message is not included in the email. It will just contain the title. Here is an example email from this morning:

BEGIN:

Hello tcox, the forum "General Discussions" at "caBIG-KC.nci.nih.gov - caGrid" has received a new reply since your last visit. You can view the forum by clicking on the following link:
https://cabig-kc.nci.nih.gov/CaGrid/for ... um.php?f=9

Topic: Email notification feature testing
Author:

If you no longer wish to watch this forum, either click the "Unsubscribe forum" link found in the forum above, or click the following link:
https://cabig-kc.nci.nih.gov/CaGrid/for ... atch=forum
--
Thanks, The Management

END

Has anyone experienced this issue and if so what should I look for?

Thanks,

TCox
I think I might have an idea about what's causing this. Try opening includes/prime_notify.php, and find this:

function setup_post_vars(&$messenger, $msg_lang, $template)
        {
            if ($this->enabled && $this->user_enabled) 
Then replace it with this:

{
            if ($this->enabled)

Don't forget to clear the cache after making the change. Please let me know if this fixes the issue.
Hello,
I have the same problem, the author and message variables are empty. I have also implemented the code channges suggested by you, but the result is the same.
I have phpbb 3.0.4 installed on IIS7.

funtent

Post by funtent » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:46 am

After installing I get a blank page after replies to topics - /posting.php?mode=reply

Nothing on the page, no source code. I've gone over the changes to functions/posting.php and functions/privmsgs.php twice. Any thoughts?

Kymmy

Post by Kymmy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:03 pm

funtent wrote:After installing I get a blank page after replies to topics - /posting.php?mode=reply

Nothing on the page, no source code. I've gone over the changes to functions/posting.php and functions/privmsgs.php twice. Any thoughts?
I have this running perfectly on a simple Centos 5.3 server and recently have tried to install on a new centos install and getting the blank screen when clicking on reply. I think though that it's more of a PHP setup error than an error in the code.

[edit 26th April]

I'll do another test install in the next couple of days once I get time, if I come up with the blank screen I'll check the php/apache logs and will report back :) :D
Last edited by Kymmy on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crizzo
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Name: Christian

Post by Crizzo » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi!

How can i get äöüß getting work?

Edit: k, sry. Was my fault, i have to save the file in UTF-8 without BOM.
My extensions for phpBB: crizzo.de
German phpBB Support at www.phpbb.de

Kymmy

Post by Kymmy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:07 pm

Kymmy wrote:
funtent wrote:After installing I get a blank page after replies to topics - /posting.php?mode=reply

I have this running perfectly on a simple Centos 5.3 server and recently have tried to install on a new centos install and getting the blank screen when clicking on reply. I think though that it's more of a PHP setup error than an error in the code.

[edit 26th April]

I'll do another test install in the next couple of days once I get time, if I come up with the blank screen I'll check the php/apache logs and will report back :) :D

OK, just tried to reinstall the mod on my test server and got a http500 internal server error

Looking at the logs it's actually a parse error on line 1881 of includes/functions_posting.php

Here's the full error line

[Tue Apr 28 12:56:52 2009] [error] [client XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/XXXX/public_html/includes/functions_posting.php on line 1881, referer: http://XXXX.XXXXXX.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2735
Also with private messages

[Tue Apr 28 13:09:00 2009] [error] [client XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/XXXX/public_html/includes/functions_posting.php on line 1881, referer: http://XXXX.XXXXXX.com/ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox&sid=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Can anyone help?

Kymmy

Post by Kymmy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:35 pm

Definately file format problems..

I was using my usual TEXTPAD in Win XP to edit the files and then upload them via STFP

Instead I just used SSH, used NANO to edit the files and they worked OK

Can anyone shed some light on possibly why textpad/winxp/sftp isn't working or how to cure it?

ChrisTheDBA

Post by ChrisTheDBA » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:01 am

gcaramaliu wrote:
primehalo wrote:
ktcox67 wrote:I have been receiving odd results with using prime_notify. About 50% of the time the author and message is not included in the email. It will just contain the title. Here is an example email from this morning:

BEGIN:

Hello tcox, the forum "General Discussions" at "caBIG-KC.nci.nih.gov - caGrid" has received a new reply since your last visit. You can view the forum by clicking on the following link:
https://cabig-kc.nci.nih.gov/CaGrid/for ... um.php?f=9

Topic: Email notification feature testing
Author:

If you no longer wish to watch this forum, either click the "Unsubscribe forum" link found in the forum above, or click the following link:
https://cabig-kc.nci.nih.gov/CaGrid/for ... atch=forum
--
Thanks, The Management

END

Has anyone experienced this issue and if so what should I look for?

Thanks,

TCox
I think I might have an idea about what's causing this. Try opening includes/prime_notify.php, and find this:

{
            if ($this->enabled && $this->user_enabled) 
Then replace it with this:

{
            if ($this->enabled)

Don't forget to clear the cache after making the change. Please let me know if this fixes the issue.
Hello,
I have the same problem, the author and message variables are empty. I have also implemented the code channges suggested by you, but the result is the same.
I am experiencing the same behavior = Blank author and message.

Did anyone find a solution to this or is it still an issue for some people?

I understand how difficult it is to debug a problem like this if you can't reproduce the problem, but is their anything I or someone else can do to help with debugging?

Joe_Joe

Post by Joe_Joe » Mon May 04, 2009 7:19 pm

Just a stupid question. Where did it go? I installed it with Automod, it said it was installed, now where do I find it? (what part of the ACP did it go to ??????

Help!
J J

Xabi

Post by Xabi » Tue May 05, 2009 8:30 am

I'm getting this error when I try to reply a topic or post a private message:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_privmsgs.php on line 1596: include(./includes/prime_notify.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_privmsgs.php on line 1596: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/prime_notify.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear')
The post/private message is posted anyway, but I get that error just after pressing the "send" button. Also, the notification email is not sent.

primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo » Thu May 07, 2009 9:37 pm

ChrisTheDBA wrote:
gcaramaliu wrote:Hello,
I am experiencing the same behavior = Blank author and message.

Did anyone find a solution to this or is it still an issue for some people?

I understand how difficult it is to debug a problem like this if you can't reproduce the problem, but is their anything I or someone else can do to help with debugging?
Just released a new version with the previously mentioned code fix applied. Still have never gotten this to happen for me. When it happens, just try to provide as much info as possible, such as exactly which mail template was being used, what should have the author and text message been, etc.
Joe_Joe wrote:Just a stupid question. Where did it go? I installed it with Automod, it said it was installed, now where do I find it? (what part of the ACP did it go to ??????

Help!
J J
There are no options in the ACP.
Xabi wrote:I'm getting this error when I try to reply a topic or post a private message:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_privmsgs.php on line 1596: include(./includes/prime_notify.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_privmsgs.php on line 1596: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/prime_notify.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear')
The post/private message is posted anyway, but I get that error just after pressing the "send" button. Also, the notification email is not sent.
Looks like a permissions issue... though can't say I've ever experienced that with just including a file.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!

lugsciath

Post by lugsciath » Sun May 10, 2009 12:58 pm

german prime_notify.php

<?php
/**
* prime_notify [English]
* @package language
* @version $Id: prime_notify.php,v 1.0.3 2008/08/16 11:24:00 primehalo Exp $
* @copyright (c) 2007-2008 Ken F. Innes IV
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License
*/

/**
* DO NOT CHANGE
*/
if (!defined('IN_PHPBB'))
{
	exit;
}

if (empty($lang) || !is_array($lang))
{
	$lang = array();
}

// DEVELOPERS PLEASE NOTE
//
// All language files should use UTF-8 as their encoding and the files must not contain a BOM.
//
// Placeholders can now contain order information, e.g. instead of
// 'Page %s of %s' you can (and should) write 'Page %1$s of %2$s', this allows
// translators to re-order the output of data while ensuring it remains correct
//
// You do not need this where single placeholders are used, e.g. 'Message %d' is fine
// equally where a string contains only two placeholders which are used to wrap text
// in a url you again do not need to specify an order e.g., 'Click %sHERE%s' is fine
//
// Some characters you may want to copy&paste:
// ’ » “ ” …
//

$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
	'PRIME_NOTIFY_POST_CONTENT'			=> 'Benachrichtige mit Beitragsinhalt',
	'PRIME_NOTIFY_POST_CONTENT_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Schliess den Beitragsinhalt in der Benachrichtigungsemail mit ein?',
	'PRIME_NOTIFY_PM_CONTENT'			=> 'Benachrichtige mit PMinhalt',
	'PRIME_NOTIFY_PM_CONTENT_EXPLAIN'	=> 'Schliess den PMinhalt mit ein in der Benachrichtigungsemail mit ein?',

// Inserted into e-mail template (so keep trailing space)
	'PRIME_NOTIFY_FORUM_VISIT_MSG'		=> 'Keine Benachrichtigungen werden bis zum erneuten Besuch des Forum gesendet. ',
	'PRIME_NOTIFY_TOPIC_VISIT_MSG'		=> 'Keine Benachrichtigungen werden bis zum erneuten Besuch des Topic gesendet. ',
));

?>

lugsciath

Post by lugsciath » Sun May 10, 2009 1:15 pm

german

prime_notify_forum.txt

Betreff: Forum Benachrichtigung - {FORUM_NAME}

Hallo {USERNAME}, Das Forum "{FORUM_NAME}" auf "{SITENAME}" hat eine neue Antwort seit deinem letzten Besuch empfangen. Du kannst das Forum durch einen Klick auf den folgenden Link besuchen: {U_FORUM}
{MESSAGE}

{VISIT_MSG}Wenn du nicht mehr das Forum beobachten willst, dann klicke den "nicht mehr beobachten" Link im obigen Forum oder folgenden Link:
{U_STOP_WATCHING_FORUM}
{EMAIL_SIG}
prime_notify_newtopic.txt

Betreff: Neues Thema Benachrichtigung - {FORUM_NAME}

Hallo {USERNAME}, das Forum "{FORUM_NAME}" auf "{SITENAME}" hat ein neues Thema seit deinem letzte Besuch empfangen. Du kannst das Forum durch einen Klick auf den folgenden Link besuchen: {U_FORUM}
{MESSAGE}

{VISIT_MSG}{VISIT_MSG}Wenn du nicht mehr das Forum beobachten willst, dann klicke den "nicht mehr beobachten" Link im obigen Forum oder folgenden Link:
{U_STOP_WATCHING_FORUM}
{EMAIL_SIG}
prime_notify_privmsg.txt

Betreff: Neue private Nachricht: {SUBJECT}

Hallo {USERNAME}, du hast unter deinem Konto auf "{SITENAME}" eine neue private Nachricht erhalten.  Du kannst die Nachricht durch einen Klick auf den folgenden Link lesen: {U_FORUM}: {U_INBOX}

Von: {AUTHOR_NAME}
Betreff: {SUBJECT}
Nachricht:
{MESSAGE}

Du hast darum gebeten, das du benachrichtigt werden willst, bedenke das du stets die Benachrichtigung in deinem Profil einstellen kannst.
{EMAIL_SIG}
prime_notify_topic.txt

Betreff: Thema Antwort Benachrichtigung - "{TOPIC_TITLE}"

Hallo {USERNAME}, das Thema "{TOPIC_TITLE}" auf "{SITENAME}" hat eine neue Antwort seit deinem letzten Besuch empfangen. Du kannst den Beitrag durch einen Klick auf den folgenden Link besuchen: {U_NEWEST_POST}
{MESSAGE}

Wenn du das Thema ansehen willst, dann klicke auf folgenden Link:
{U_TOPIC}

{VISIT_MSG} Du kannst das Forum durch einen Klick auf den folgenden Link besuchen: {U_FORUM}:
{U_STOP_WATCHING_TOPIC}
{EMAIL_SIG}
have fun ;)

rukusgetdown

Post by rukusgetdown » Tue May 12, 2009 3:31 am

got this installed, great mod, private messages work but subscribed topics are no good, just shows the subject...any ideas on this one? i have been troubleshooting for hours and cant figure it out

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”