[MODDB] IGN Style Colored Name Mod 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Trel
Registered User
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: In your moniter stupid
Contact:

Re: [DEV] IGN Style Colored Name Mod

Post by Trel » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:05 am

twodayslate wrote:This is great!
Is there a way so users do not choose white on white,black on black, yellow on white etc? You need to make sure the username is visible!

You can customize what colors the user can choose with this mod right (user can only change color to red or black, or user can only change background from none to blue)?
Well, on IGN boards, you can do it that way, you'll probably get yelled at, but you can do it :p
ryan_46307 wrote:when you change anything it doesn't show what you changed in the preview
The live preview requires javascript. Do you have it disabled, if not, what browser (and if Seamonkey, Firefox or Flock, which extensions)?

ryan_46307
Registered User
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:29 am

Re: [DEV] IGN Style Colored Name Mod

Post by ryan_46307 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:41 am

I'm using firefox and it doesnt work. I have js on my website and it works fine

Nemisis7654
Registered User
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:11 am
Contact:

Re: [DEV] IGN Style Colored Name Mod

Post by Nemisis7654 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:20 am

Just release it already! :p

I literally check this thread every other hour.
!~!~stormBoards now available~!~!

http://stormboards.aaronnemisis.com

Trel
Registered User
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: In your moniter stupid
Contact:

Re: [DEV] IGN Style Colored Name Mod

Post by Trel » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:06 pm

ryan_46307 wrote:I'm using firefox and it doesnt work. I have js on my website and it works fine
I don't know what to say then. I have definitely tested in Firefox and it works fine. You don't have anything like noscript installed?

TZX
Registered User
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:14 pm

Re: [DEV] IGN Style Colored Name Mod

Post by TZX » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:59 pm

Damnit Trel, when ya gonna release this thing? :lol:

User avatar
BizimPencere
Registered User
Posts: 396
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: [DEV] IGN Style Colored Name Mod

Post by BizimPencere » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:27 pm

Nice mod thank you.-
www.phpbbturkiye.net | Turkish phpBB3 support and development

Nemisis7654
Registered User
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:11 am
Contact:

Re: [DEV] IGN Style Colored Name Mod

Post by Nemisis7654 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:26 am

Question:

Is there a way to make it so that regular users (those that don't have the ability to choose their colors) have a default color scheme?
!~!~stormBoards now available~!~!

http://stormboards.aaronnemisis.com

Dark R0gue
Registered User
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:57 am

Re: [DEV] IGN Style Colored Name Mod

Post by Dark R0gue » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:25 am

please release it.
http://www.r0gue-films.org/Forums for exclucive insider info on Hao 3 modding.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_sy1SZlT6rc for proof of modding.

Trel
Registered User
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: In your moniter stupid
Contact:

Re: [DEV] IGN Style Colored Name Mod

Post by Trel » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:57 pm

Nemisis7654 wrote:Question:

Is there a way to make it so that regular users (those that don't have the ability to choose their colors) have a default color scheme?
Not as of the version I will be releasing first.

Nemisis7654
Registered User
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:11 am
Contact:

Re: [DEV] IGN Style Colored Name Mod

Post by Nemisis7654 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:49 pm

Alright. Thanks. :)
!~!~stormBoards now available~!~!

http://stormboards.aaronnemisis.com

TZX
Registered User
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:14 pm

Re: [DEV] IGN Style Colored Name Mod

Post by TZX » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:08 am

Release it already damnit...or atleast give Nemisis the code so he can do what he needs to. :p

Trel
Registered User
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: In your moniter stupid
Contact:

Re: [DEV] IGN Style Colored Name Mod

Post by Trel » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:34 am

TZX wrote:Release it already damnit...or atleast give Nemisis the code so he can do what he needs to. :p
There were some security holes identified which I need to fix before releasing.

naushadhassam
Registered User
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:57 pm
Contact:

Re: [DEV] IGN Style Colored Name Mod

Post by naushadhassam » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:42 pm

great stuff :D
Free Hosting - Here
Sports Entertainment Online ( A PS3 Online Gaming Community ) - Here
FREE UNLIMITED HOSTING FOR PHPBB MOD MAKERS - PM ME FOR MORE INFO ( MY WAY ON DONATING TO PHPBB )

ihermit
Registered User
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:26 am

Re: [DEV] IGN Style Colored Name Mod

Post by ihermit » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:26 pm

Trel wrote:
TZX wrote:Release it already damnit...or atleast give Nemisis the code so he can do what he needs to. :p
There were some security holes identified which I need to fix before releasing.
I requested this around the time phpbb3 went stable, most mod authors said it was too much a a security issue, so I hope you can get it fixed up and working, I've been waiting a while :P
Also, in future development you may wish to integrate it with the cash/shop mods :P

Trel
Registered User
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: In your moniter stupid
Contact:

Re: [DEV] IGN Style Colored Name Mod

Post by Trel » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:27 pm

ihermit wrote:
Trel wrote:
TZX wrote:Release it already damnit...or atleast give Nemisis the code so he can do what he needs to. :p
There were some security holes identified which I need to fix before releasing.
I requested this around the time phpbb3 went stable, most mod authors said it was too much a a security issue, so I hope you can get it fixed up and working, I've been waiting a while :P
Also, in future development you may wish to integrate it with the cash/shop mods :P
I'm pretty sure I've closed the holes. I've resubmitted it and and am waiting for it to be validated again.

If it doesn't pass because of other reasons (not security issues) I will release it as a beta in the mean time.

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”