[MODDB] Separate Login and User Name 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
nouveau

Re: [DEV] Separate Login and User Name 0.0.3

Post by nouveau »

No worries Heather :)
Formerly known as xceler8shun
Linda Carter

Post by Linda Carter »

Oh-oh, I think I have a little situation here. :)

I am stuck in the middle of your MOD instructions. I was modifying all my phpBB 3.0.2 files today to do a test, until those steps:

Open: styles\prosilver\template\ucp_register.html

FIND:

Code: Select all

tabindex="5"
REPLACE WITH:

tabindex="6"
And:
4 to 5
3 to 4
2 to 3
1 to 2.

Recently I have made this modification to my proSilver/subSilver2 styles. Basically this is what my styles\prosilver\template\ucp_register.html looks like. Please note that I have removed both email/pass fields asking for confirmations. So users will only need to fill those fields once.

Lines 33 to 51 (my new file):

<dl>
		<dt><label for="username">{L_USERNAME}:</label><br /><span>{L_USERNAME_EXPLAIN}</span></dt>
		<dd><input type="text" tabindex="1" name="username" id="username" size="25" value="{USERNAME}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_USERNAME}" /></dd>
	</dl>
	<dl>
		<dt><label for="email">{L_EMAIL_ADDRESS}:</label></dt>
		<dd><input type="text" tabindex="2" name="email" id="email" size="25" maxlength="100" value="{EMAIL}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_EMAIL_ADDRESS}" /></dd>
	</dl>
	<dl>
		<dt><label for="new_password">{L_PASSWORD}:</label><br /><span>{L_PASSWORD_EXPLAIN}</span></dt>
		<dd><input type="password" tabindex="4" name="new_password" id="new_password" size="25" value="{PASSWORD}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_NEW_PASSWORD}" /></dd>
	</dl>

<hr />

<dl>
		<dt><label for="lang">{L_LANGUAGE}:</label></dt>
		<dd><select name="lang" id="lang" onchange="change_language(this.value); return false;" title="{L_LANGUAGE}">{S_LANG_OPTIONS}</select></dd>
	</dl>
Lines 33 to 63 (original file):

<dl>
		<dt><label for="username">{L_USERNAME}:</label><br /><span>{L_USERNAME_EXPLAIN}</span></dt>
		<dd><input type="text" tabindex="1" name="username" id="username" size="25" value="{USERNAME}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_USERNAME}" /></dd>
	</dl>
	<dl>
		<dt><label for="email">{L_EMAIL_ADDRESS}:</label></dt>
		<dd><input type="text" tabindex="2" name="email" id="email" size="25" maxlength="100" value="{EMAIL}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_EMAIL_ADDRESS}" /></dd>
	</dl>
	<dl>
		<dt><label for="email_confirm">{L_CONFIRM_EMAIL}:</label></dt>
		<dd><input type="text" tabindex="3" name="email_confirm" id="email_confirm" size="25" maxlength="100" value="{EMAIL_CONFIRM}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_CONFIRM_EMAIL}" /></dd>
	</dl>
	<dl>
		<dt><label for="new_password">{L_PASSWORD}:</label><br /><span>{L_PASSWORD_EXPLAIN}</span></dt>
		<dd><input type="password" tabindex="4" name="new_password" id="new_password" size="25" value="{PASSWORD}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_NEW_PASSWORD}" /></dd>
	</dl>
	<dl>
		<dt><label for="password_confirm">{L_CONFIRM_PASSWORD}:</label></dt>
		<dd><input type="password" tabindex="5" name="password_confirm" id="password_confirm" size="25" value="{PASSWORD_CONFIRM}" class="inputbox autowidth" title="{L_CONFIRM_PASSWORD}" /></dd>
	</dl>

<hr />

<dl>
		<dt><label for="lang">{L_LANGUAGE}:</label></dt>
		<dd><select name="lang" id="lang" onchange="change_language(this.value); return false;" title="{L_LANGUAGE}">{S_LANG_OPTIONS}</select></dd>
	</dl>
	<dl>
		<dt><label for="tz">{L_TIMEZONE}:</label></dt>
		<dd><select name="tz" id="tz" class="autowidth">{S_TZ_OPTIONS}</select></dd>
	</dl>
Am I going to be in trouble? :)
"Whoever has not known himself has known nothing. But whoever has known himself has simultaneously achieved knowledge about the depth of all things."
nouveau

Post by nouveau »

On your new file, just change tabindex="4" to tabindex="3"
Linda Carter

Post by Linda Carter »

Thank you, now the MOD is installed and working properly. I am editing this post because I have reported errors with permissions, but that was the phpBB 3 complicated system, nothing related to this MOD. Now the permissions were corrected. :)

I am still looking for a cloning solution, if you have any idea how can I use that option on your MOD, please let me know. :)
Last edited by Linda Carter on Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Whoever has not known himself has known nothing. But whoever has known himself has simultaneously achieved knowledge about the depth of all things."
ej311

Post by ej311 »

Got your mod installed and everything appears to be working OK! I had to do additional modification for the extra login box I put in my overall_header.html, but so far so good. Comprehensive testing may take some time, but this mod was crucial for me to hide my admin login so THANK YOU!
nouveau

Post by nouveau »

No worries, I should be able to start updating the package again from next week, the last few weeks and this week are the busiest time of year at work for me and it should start to quieten down again soon, which means more time for modifications :)
ej311

Post by ej311 »

While logged into my board as the Administrator, if I go to "Who is online" it shows the IP address of each user currently logged in. Next to that is a link for "Whois" which is giving the following error. I'm not sure if this is from your mod or not because I've never actually used this function, but if anything jumps out at you please let me know. This is an intermittent problem. Sometimes it comes up with the right whois screen, but there's no information to be found. I apologize if this was the wrong place to post this.
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Lost connection to MySQL server during query [2013]

SQL

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT s.session_ip) as num_guests FROM phpbb_sessions s WHERE s.session_user_id = 1 AND s.session_time >= 1220917080

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions.php
LINE: 3171
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

LINE: 3204
CALL: obtain_guest_count()

LINE: 3396
CALL: obtain_users_online()

FILE: viewonline.php
LINE: 72
CALL: page_header()
Last edited by ej311 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
excalibur_

Post by excalibur_ »

Hi there,

I'm thinking of using this mod on an LDAP authentication board. Basically, the username that is required to authenticate against LDAP are quite unwieldy and I'd like to be able to have users change their display name only.

How could I go about restricting change of user name, but allowing changes of the display name (that everyone publicly can see). Better yet, is there anyway to call a method in your mod that will allow me to change the display name against user name at account creation time?

Thanks!
nouveau

Post by nouveau »

ej311 wrote:While logged into my board as the Administrator, if I go to "Who is online" it shows the IP address of each user currently logged in. Next to that is a link for "Whois" which is giving the following error. I'm not sure if this is from your mod or not because I've never actually used this function, but if anything jumps out at you please let me know. This is an intermittent problem. Sometimes it comes up with the right whois screen, but there's no information to be found. I apologize if this was the wrong place to post this.
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

SQL

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT s.session_ip) as num_guests FROM phpbb_sessions s WHERE s.session_user_id = 1 AND s.session_time >= 1220917080

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

LINE: 3171
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

LINE: 3204
CALL: obtain_guest_count()

LINE: 3396
CALL: obtain_users_online()

FILE: viewonline.php
LINE: 72
CALL: page_header()
I'll have a look this evening for you are I'm at work at the moment and just about to leave for the day :)
nouveau

Post by nouveau »

excalibur_ wrote:Hi there,

I'm thinking of using this mod on an LDAP authentication board. Basically, the username that is required to authenticate against LDAP are quite unwieldy and I'd like to be able to have users change their display name only.

How could I go about restricting change of user name, but allowing changes of the display name (that everyone publicly can see). Better yet, is there anyway to call a method in your mod that will allow me to change the display name against user name at account creation time?

Thanks!
With the mod, loginname and username changes can be restricted or allowed via permissions in the ACP.

Did you want it so that if a user enters say "johnny01" as a username upon registration, it will automatically be changed to "johnny" when registration is processed?

Just about to leave work for the day, so will have to pick this up later and think about it more.
ej311

Post by ej311 »

My error (below) has a bug tracker ticket open at http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket ... t_id=20955 and does not appear to be specific to your MOD unless you have done any modification to the Whois query to look at loginname instead of username.
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

nouveau

Post by nouveau »

The MOD shouldn't affect the whois query that I am aware of.
halkk

Post by halkk »

Hello,

I install separate login and user name but there is an MySql error display.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'loginname' in 'field list' [1054]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

when i check database from phpmyadmin the "loginname" field is listed and have same data like "username"
Help me to solve this.

Thanks
nouveau

Post by nouveau »

Have you cleared the cache?
halkk

Post by halkk »

Yes i clear all cache file in cache folder

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”