[MODDB] Separate Login and User Name 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
nouveau
Registered User
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:51 pm

Re: [DEV] Separate Login and User Name 0.0.3

Post by nouveau »

I'm looking into a solution that may make it so auth.db doesn't have to be modified.

I have been a little pressed for time this week to work on the MOD, but I should hopefully have something soon and continue on with development and testing.
Formerly known as xceler8shun

dajdog1
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:52 am

install

Post by dajdog1 »

Confused before starting-
In install instructions there is a action group sql is this something I am supposed to do or do I start after this?
Start with this-------><copy>
<file from="root/install.php" to="install.php" />
?????

nouveau
Registered User
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:51 pm

Re: [DEV] Separate Login and User Name 0.0.3

Post by nouveau »

You need to open the install.xml file in a web browser to view the instructions correctly.

You apply the sql changes to your database, most likely through phpmyadmin
Formerly known as xceler8shun

ham1299
Registered User
Posts: 613
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:12 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Separate Login and User Name 0.0.3

Post by ham1299 »

I have decided to drop this MOD. My users aren't very interested in it, and they're getting confused! So, how do I undo the SQL?

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`, `is_dynamic`) VALUES ('allow_loginnamechange', '0', '0');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`, `is_dynamic`) VALUES ('max_loginname_chars', '20', '0');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`, `is_dynamic`) VALUES ('min_loginname_chars', '3', '0');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` , `is_dynamic` ) VALUES ('allow_loginname_chars', 'LOGINNAME_CHARS_ANY', '0');

INSERT INTO phpbb_acl_options (auth_option, is_local, is_global) VALUES ('u_chgloginname', 0, 1);
INSERT INTO phpbb_acl_options (auth_option, is_local, is_global) VALUES ('a_loginnames', 0, 1);

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `loginname` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL AFTER `username_clean` ;
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `loginname_clean` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL AFTER `loginname` ;
UPDATE phpbb_users SET loginname=username;
UPDATE phpbb_users SET loginname_clean=username_clean;

CREATE TABLE `phpbb_disallow_login` (
`disallow_login_id` mediumint( 8 ) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`disallow_loginname` varchar( 255 ) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL default '',
PRIMARY KEY ( `disallow_login_id` ) 
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8 COLLATE = utf8_bin AUTO_INCREMENT =1;
Heather

User avatar
mcdanielnc89
Registered User
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:49 pm
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Separate Login and User Name 0.0.3

Post by mcdanielnc89 »

So how is this MOD coming along? (I'm from STG as well, but have not installed it to see how it works yet, HEHE.. I've been SUPER busy lately.

ham1299
Registered User
Posts: 613
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:12 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Separate Login and User Name 0.0.3

Post by ham1299 »

What exactly does the install file do? I want to make sure to take that off, too.
Heather

nouveau
Registered User
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:51 pm

Re: [DEV] Separate Login and User Name 0.0.3

Post by nouveau »

ham1299 wrote:I have decided to drop this MOD. My users aren't very interested in it, and they're getting confused! So, how do I undo the SQL?

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`, `is_dynamic`) VALUES ('allow_loginnamechange', '0', '0');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`, `is_dynamic`) VALUES ('max_loginname_chars', '20', '0');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`, `is_dynamic`) VALUES ('min_loginname_chars', '3', '0');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` , `is_dynamic` ) VALUES ('allow_loginname_chars', 'LOGINNAME_CHARS_ANY', '0');

INSERT INTO phpbb_acl_options (auth_option, is_local, is_global) VALUES ('u_chgloginname', 0, 1);
INSERT INTO phpbb_acl_options (auth_option, is_local, is_global) VALUES ('a_loginnames', 0, 1);

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `loginname` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL AFTER `username_clean` ;
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `loginname_clean` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL AFTER `loginname` ;
UPDATE phpbb_users SET loginname=username;
UPDATE phpbb_users SET loginname_clean=username_clean;

CREATE TABLE `phpbb_disallow_login` (
`disallow_login_id` mediumint( 8 ) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`disallow_loginname` varchar( 255 ) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL default '',
PRIMARY KEY ( `disallow_login_id` ) 
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8 COLLATE = utf8_bin AUTO_INCREMENT =1;

Sorry to hear it Heather :(
I would expect it to take a little time to get used to as well.

To remove the SQL at this stage, you need to go through phpmyadmin or similar and remove the entries manually.

You need to perform the following.

remove from phpbb_config table
allow_loginnamechange
max_loginname_chars
min_loginname_chars
allow_loginname_chars

remove from phpbb_acl_options table
u_chgloginname
a_loginnames

remove from phpbb_users table
loginname
loginname_clean

remove phpbb_disallow_login table
ham1299 wrote:What exactly does the install file do? I want to make sure to take that off, too.
The install file, installs the ACP module for the MOD instead of manually installing it.

To remove the ACP module, you will have to do it manually though.

As long as you have restored all the code changes and removed the SQL, your forum should be back to normal.
Formerly known as xceler8shun

nouveau
Registered User
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:51 pm

Re: [DEV] Separate Login and User Name 0.0.3

Post by nouveau »

mcdanielnc89 wrote:So how is this MOD coming along? (I'm from STG as well, but have not installed it to see how it works yet, HEHE.. I've been SUPER busy lately.
Hi mcdanielnc89,

I've been fairly busy myself this last week and actually haven't had a chance to do any coding work on any mods or my own forums.

This will hopefully change this week though, I have plans and ideas in mind for it, just need that special time when I can work without interruption and focus on the MOD. But work, family and play causes havoc with such time. :)

Will post something up here or at STG as soon as I can.
Formerly known as xceler8shun

nouveau
Registered User
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:51 pm

Re: [DEV] Separate Login and User Name 0.0.3

Post by nouveau »

andrade wrote:Nice mod, but I had a problem because you've changed the username field to loginname field in auth matters. So when I've tried to use any joomla integration mod, it tried to use username instead of loginname. :(

It would be better if you just add a displayname field, but for this it will be necessary to change every username display template. :D Hard work.
Seemed to have missed this one

The mod initially started out that way with a "displayname" field instead of "loginname", however the file edits were huge to display the "displayname" instead of the "username" and every time a search user or memberlist function came up I have to change even more files on top.

I thought, since "username" is embedded so heavily in the forum, to leave that as the actual display name and create a login name field which would basically only be needed on login and authentication functions.

Still a lot of edits, but nowhere near as many as doing it the other way.
Formerly known as xceler8shun

User avatar
ej311
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:53 pm

Re: [DEV] Separate Login and User Name 0.0.3

Post by ej311 »

Forgive me if this is obviously apparent, but before going through the task of installing this MOD I was wondering if you could tell me - Is this designed only for prosilver and subsilver2? Basically, will this MOD work no matter what style I'm using, or will I have to customize each available style to incorporate new code?

nouveau
Registered User
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:51 pm

Re: [DEV] Separate Login and User Name 0.0.3

Post by nouveau »

You will need to slightly modify each style.

If you have a custom style for example based off subsilver2, you would need to attempt to apply the changes made for subsilver2 to your style. It would be the same if your style was based on prosilver, you would need to attempt to apply the prosilver changes to your style.
Formerly known as xceler8shun

User avatar
ej311
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:53 pm

Re: [DEV] Separate Login and User Name 0.0.3

Post by ej311 »

I'm not sure what my other styles are based on, but I'm willing to give it a try since it's only 5 files that are specific to the style.

I have had problems in the past applying database changes using MyPhpAdmin (as I do not have direct cmd line access to where my forum is hosted), and have only been successful when given a php script to run to create the database tables. Does your install.php do this, and if not, do you have something that does?

With the numerous code changes necessary for this MOD (props for taking the time to find all of that!), I want to make sure I won't be spending the time in vain.

User avatar
iyeru42
Registered User
Posts: 1120
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:22 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Separate Login and User Name 0.0.3

Post by iyeru42 »

It's called "Display Name" actually, and SMF already has this feature I believe. It's a very good feature if you ask me. phpBB3 should have has display names by default, since it's a highly requested script. It also allows better modifying for "username with HTML"
My Website | My MOD Requests | Foreign Key Docs (some topics are not requests)
"It's easy to rebel, but it's hard to be recognized."

nouveau
Registered User
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:51 pm

Re: [DEV] Separate Login and User Name 0.0.3

Post by nouveau »

ej311 wrote:I'm not sure what my other styles are based on, but I'm willing to give it a try since it's only 5 files that are specific to the style.

I have had problems in the past applying database changes using MyPhpAdmin (as I do not have direct cmd line access to where my forum is hosted), and have only been successful when given a php script to run to create the database tables. Does your install.php do this, and if not, do you have something that does?

With the numerous code changes necessary for this MOD (props for taking the time to find all of that!), I want to make sure I won't be spending the time in vain.

The install file will only install the ACP module.

One of the features I have planned for the next update will be a database install script, I'll try and work on this for you as soon as possible :)
Formerly known as xceler8shun

ham1299
Registered User
Posts: 613
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:12 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Separate Login and User Name 0.0.3

Post by ham1299 »

xceler8shun wrote:
ham1299 wrote:I have decided to drop this MOD. My users aren't very interested in it, and they're getting confused! So, how do I undo the SQL?

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`, `is_dynamic`) VALUES ('allow_loginnamechange', '0', '0');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`, `is_dynamic`) VALUES ('max_loginname_chars', '20', '0');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`, `is_dynamic`) VALUES ('min_loginname_chars', '3', '0');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` , `is_dynamic` ) VALUES ('allow_loginname_chars', 'LOGINNAME_CHARS_ANY', '0');

INSERT INTO phpbb_acl_options (auth_option, is_local, is_global) VALUES ('u_chgloginname', 0, 1);
INSERT INTO phpbb_acl_options (auth_option, is_local, is_global) VALUES ('a_loginnames', 0, 1);

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `loginname` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL AFTER `username_clean` ;
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `loginname_clean` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL AFTER `loginname` ;
UPDATE phpbb_users SET loginname=username;
UPDATE phpbb_users SET loginname_clean=username_clean;

CREATE TABLE `phpbb_disallow_login` (
`disallow_login_id` mediumint( 8 ) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`disallow_loginname` varchar( 255 ) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL default '',
PRIMARY KEY ( `disallow_login_id` ) 
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8 COLLATE = utf8_bin AUTO_INCREMENT =1;

Sorry to hear it Heather :(
I would expect it to take a little time to get used to as well.

To remove the SQL at this stage, you need to go through phpmyadmin or similar and remove the entries manually.

You need to perform the following.

remove from phpbb_config table
allow_loginnamechange
max_loginname_chars
min_loginname_chars
allow_loginname_chars

remove from phpbb_acl_options table
u_chgloginname
a_loginnames

remove from phpbb_users table
loginname
loginname_clean

remove phpbb_disallow_login table
ham1299 wrote:What exactly does the install file do? I want to make sure to take that off, too.
The install file, installs the ACP module for the MOD instead of manually installing it.

To remove the ACP module, you will have to do it manually though.

As long as you have restored all the code changes and removed the SQL, your forum should be back to normal.
Thanks. I'm sorry to bail on you. It's a function I've always wanted on phpBB, but the masses have spoken! :? Thanks for your help. :)
Heather

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”