[MODDB] Separate Login and User Name 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
kazper

Re: [DEV] Separate Login and User Name 0.0.3

Post by kazper »

*sigh* I hate this new xml format for the install instructions. Was so much easier to do with txt... Just spent 30 mins installing this on a new forum and something is wrong so it gives me multiple header errors:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
I'll just go back to the clean files and retry this again in a few days. It's certainly a simple copy/paste error.

Don't suppose anyone has already modified files? Since this is the first mod (with file modifications) I'm installing on this board I could just copy them in and it'd save me a ton of work.

Also - isn't it possible to gather all those language file edits into one or two uploadable language file(s) for the mod instead of having to make all those small changes in the different language files? The one replace in there has to be done of course, but the rest should be possible to have in their own file?

nouveau

Post by nouveau »

What page or pages are you receiving the error on?
Formerly known as xceler8shun

flamestone

Post by flamestone »

Nice work!

In case anyone is interested, I've got this mod working with my Joomla 1.0.15 and phpBB 3.0.2 integration (using "Community Builder" and "CB connector": http://www.joomlapolis.com & http://cbconnector.com/).

The only files I needed to change were these:
components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnector/plugins/plug_phpbb3.php
components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnector/cbconnector.php

My community of Joomla users' names are now automatically sync'ed so that forum posts show their real name instead of their login name.

The only thing I'm left with is old summary information in the phpbb_topics table, which holds the old usernames in fields topic_first_poster_name and topic_last_poster_name. Suggestions?

nouveau

Post by nouveau »

Thanks for the info flamestone, i'll have to check out the Joomla integration and see what we can do.

I'm working on this MOD again after a month off due to other committments and am currently revising version 0.0.4, streamlining the code, cutting down the steps and trying to make the install easier.

------

kazper, version 0.0.4 when released will have some of the language edits moved into their own language files.

------

halkk, what pages does your error occur on?

Blade6869

Post by Blade6869 »

Omfg

I Want this mod but i Dont know HOW TO INSTALL IT

And Its Sucks To EDIT ALL THOSE FILES THAT IT TELLS ME TO EDIT WHEN I OPEN install.xml

So How do i install this?????????????????????????????????/ :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Someone Help ME >:[

My Hoster: 000webhost.com

Ah HELP >=[

nouveau

Post by nouveau »

Blade6869 wrote:Omfg

And Its Sucks To EDIT ALL THOSE FILES THAT IT TELLS ME TO EDIT WHEN I OPEN install.xml

So How do i install this?????????????????????????????????/ :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ah HELP >=[
Version 0.4.0 will be out soon hopefully, which will cut down on the edits and include an install script. Just need to tidy up a few things and test.

Regarding actually installing the MOD, you'll just have to follow the install.xml file, apply the code changes and sql queries.

Blade6869

Post by Blade6869 »

xceler8shun wrote:
Blade6869 wrote:Omfg

Ah HELP >=[
Version 0.4.0 will be out soon hopefully, which will cut down on the edits and include an install script. Just need to tidy up a few things and test.

Regarding actually installing the MOD, you'll just have to follow the install.xml file, apply the code changes and sql queries.
Idk how to find sql queries and im just gonna wait i guess, and I Wish i can someone to do this for me D;

nouveau

Post by nouveau »

All updates have been completed, just need to create the install file to upgrade from 0.0.3 to 0.0.4 then I'll load it up for evaluation. Hopefully that will be tonight.

Edit:

Uploaded version 0.0.4, please try it out and tell me how it fares.

nouveau

Re: [DEV] Separate Login and User Name 0.0.4

Post by nouveau »

Just updated 2 errors on the install package

open includes/ucp/ucp_register.php
find

global $config, $db, $user, $auth, $template, $phpbb_root_path, $phpEx;
after-add

$user->add_lang('mods/info_acp_separate_login_username');
open includes/ucp/ucp_profile.php
find

$user->add_lang('posting');
after-add

$user->add_lang('mods/info_acp_separate_login_username');
Last edited by nouveau on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flamestone

Post by flamestone »

Bit busy at the moment, so I may not get to test drive this update until next week.

But in the meantime, anything on this from my earlier post?
flamestone wrote:The only thing I'm left with is old summary information in the phpbb_topics table, which holds the old usernames in fields topic_first_poster_name and topic_last_poster_name. Suggestions?

nouveau

Post by nouveau »

flamestone wrote:Bit busy at the moment, so I may not get to test drive this update until next week.

But in the meantime, anything on this from my earlier post?
flamestone wrote:The only thing I'm left with is old summary information in the phpbb_topics table, which holds the old usernames in fields topic_first_poster_name and topic_last_poster_name. Suggestions?

Hi flamestone, I haven't had a chance to test the joomla integration yet, just been trying to get 0.0.4 completed.

Can you show me a screenshot of what youi refer to as old summary informarion?

The usernames should be ok in the phpbb topics and post tables as the loginname only applies to authentication, rather than posting and topics.

flamestone

Post by flamestone »

Actually this isn't related to the Joomla integration.

The phpbb_topics table is something specific to phpbb3, but I'm not sure of it's usage.

Is your phpbb_topics table populated?

nouveau

Post by nouveau »

flamestone wrote:Actually this isn't related to the Joomla integration.

The phpbb_topics table is something specific to phpbb3, but I'm not sure of it's usage.

Is your phpbb_topics table populated?

The phpbb_topics table contains all the related information about the topics in which appear on the index or viewforum pages. It holds the ID of the topic, who started it who lasted posted in it which floor it lives in etc.

Whenever someone creates a new topic in phpbb3, an entry is made into phpbb_posts and phpbb_topics. With the name of the last person to have posted in the topic etc going into phpbb_topics.

When someone makes a new post in a topic, an entry is made into phpbb_posts for that post and the topic_last_poster_name is updated in phpbb_topics and etc etc.

The fields in these tables or the tables themselves aren’t affected by this mod in any way.

flamestone

Post by flamestone »

xceler8shun wrote:The phpbb_topics table contains all the related information about the topics in which appear on the index or viewforum pages. It holds the ID of the topic, who started it who lasted posted in it which floor it lives in etc.

Whenever someone creates a new topic in phpbb3, an entry is made into phpbb_posts and phpbb_topics. With the name of the last person to have posted in the topic etc going into phpbb_topics.

When someone makes a new post in a topic, an entry is made into phpbb_posts for that post and the topic_last_poster_name is updated in phpbb_topics and etc etc.

The fields in these tables or the tables themselves aren’t affected by this mod in any way.
Ok, that matches my understanding.

So with or without this mod, the contents of the phpbb_topics table are not updated if someone changes their username (or loginname)?

nouveau

Post by nouveau »

If someone changes their loginname, it will have no effect on the phpbb_topics or phpbb_posts tables as the loginname has no association with the referred to tables.

If someone changes their username, it will affect the phpbb_topics or phpbb_posts tables as basically all username functions for the updating of usernames remain intact with the installation of this MOD.

Even without the mod, if you change your username it will update the above tables.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”