[MODDB] ACP Announcement Centre 1.2.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Re: [Beta] ACP Announcement Centre 1.1.2

Post by DragonMaster1 »

DragonMaster1 wrote:
lefty74 wrote:i don't think my mod would interfere with these.

have you already doublechecked that all the edits of those mods are still there?
Have not done that and will do so and reply as soon as I can
Just checked it and found that NOTHING shows unless a post is reported

I thought it would show warning instead

So I reported a few test posts and all is working fine

Sorry for bothering you

MERRY CHRISTMAS :D
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

merry christmas to you too :)

good to hear there was nothing wrong in the end :)
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
1234homie

Post by 1234homie »

i suggest to add a announcement panel in ucp and add a permissions in acp who can write a announcements. I think it great future idea.
antagonia

Post by antagonia »

I see that this mod says it is compatible with 3.0.2. Is there any reason it would be incompatible with 3.0.4? I had some serious style-related problems with upgrading and I want to make sure I know if there might be any idiosyncrasies with this mod.

I already had the mod installed, but the mod has not worked since I upgraded.

Right now, when I go to my ACP .MODs section, I get the following error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table 'antagon_erins.ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT * FROM ANNOUNCEMENTS_CENTRE_TABLE

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_announcements_centre.php
LINE: 133
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_announcements_centre.php
LINE: 47
CALL: acp_announcements_centre->announcements()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_announcements_centre->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Hi,it works fine on 304. Looks like the includes/constants.php edit is no longer there. Could you pse doublecheck it's there
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
antagonia

Post by antagonia »

Wow, thanks a ton for your quick reply. That seems to have cleared up the problem-- it looks like the update removed the ACP code from some of the files, so I need to add it back to my styles, but everything else seems to be working now.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

antagonia wrote:Wow, thanks a ton for your quick reply. That seems to have cleared up the problem-- it looks like the update removed the ACP code from some of the files, so I need to add it back to my styles, but everything else seems to be working now.
great :D
lefty74
antagonia

Post by antagonia »

Argh! Sadly, no, it did not clear up the problem. When I add the copy/paste code to my Prosilver overall_header template, all of the pages on my board go white (blank) and the source file becomes blank.

I double-checked and re-added all the other copy/paste code without incident, and the tables look correct in phpMyAdmin. I followed through the DIY instructions as well and the ACP side of the mod seems to be fine. It is adding information and the db is storing it!

Is there a good way to troubleshoot this?
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

is overall_header.html the only file you edited or were there other files as well?

there are two reasons i could think of for white pages,
1. there are suppressed errors. your host may have error reporting disabled in the php.ini (not sure what the exact line is called).
2. language files, if language files are edited, make sure they are saved in file-format UTF8 without BOM and that the edits are made correctly.
lefty74
antagonia

Post by antagonia »

No, I realized that the phpBB update overwrote my Announcement Centre edits completely even though I chose the 'merge' option, so I went back in and did all of them over (last night, before I posted to you to tell you it hadn't worked). I did double-check them before posting back to you with the further problems, and they all seem to be copied correctly. I'm not having any problems until I add that line to the overall_header.html page.

I don't think it's the language file. The only language file you have instructions to edit is common.php, right?

I put in the lines that say this:

Code: Select all

'ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE_GUESTS'		=> 'Guest Announcements local',
	'ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE'			=> 'Site Announcements local',
And if the language file were saved incorrectly, the whole site would be blank even without the overall_header.html edits, right? The site is only blank when I make the overall_header.html edits. If I remove those, then the site is fine.

HOWEVER, I think I may have discovered what the problem is. I think the version of Announcement Centre I tried to install this time is different from the one that I had installed previously. When I go into my language files, in the mods folder, the file list reads as:

info_mcp_announce.php
permissions_announcement_centre.php
announcement_centre.php
info_acp_announcement_centre.php

Whereas the file I downloaded (the latest 'official' release-- I apologize for posting in the beta thread; I only realized there were multiple threads for this mod later), only includes:

announcement_centre.php
info_acp_announcement_centre.php

So it seems like I might have some dueling versions issues going on? Any advice on how to clean this up? Should I just revert all my phpbb files and delete the Announcement Centre stuff and start over from scratch?
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

if you have now made the edits for version 1.1.2, just upload the files from this version and finish with running the install/index.php file to update your sql to version 1.1.2.

that should (hopefully) do the trick.

what text editor do you use to edit your files btw?
lefty74
antagonia

Post by antagonia »

No, I don't have the 1.1.2 version-- I have whatever one is posted to download on the main phpBB site? It says it's 1.0.2 in the install file? But the download says it's 1.0.3a.

I use Smultron 3.5. I'm on a Mac. I have Smultron set to encode in UTF-8 and not to change line endings, though, so there shouldn't be an issue with my text editor, and none of my other edits got screwed up.

I really appreciate the help. I'll get 1.1.2 and see if editing that all in helps. I'll let you know if I am still having issues after I do that.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

sorry, i understood you had 1.0.3a first but have now done the edits for 1.1.2. At least that's what the files indicate.
antagonia wrote:I'll get 1.1.2 and see if editing that all in helps. I'll let you know if I am still having issues after I do that
ok, please do. :)
lefty74
antagonia

Post by antagonia »

It's all right; I don't think I was clear enough! I'm editing stuff now. I think the issue is that I must have HAD a newer version of Announcement Centre than the release candidate before I updated, and when everything got screwy, I mixed up which one I had and installed an earlier one. Thanks for being so helpful.
antagonia

Post by antagonia »

Okay, I did that, and now I have a new problem!

When I refreshed my template after making the edits, I get the following error:

Could not open ./../styles/prosilver/template/install_header.html

This is confusing me because there wasn't a file by this name in the 3.0.4 install package nor is there one in the ACP Announcement Centre 1.1.2 package.
Last edited by antagonia on Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”