[MODDB] ACP Announcement Centre 1.2.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
lefty74

Re: [Beta] ACP Announcement Centre 1.1.2

Post by lefty74 »

you must have had still some sql left from the previous version which is why the install file thinks you already installed the announcement centre.

try the following next time, instead of going to /install/index.php point to /install/index.php?action=install
instead.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
DaveGreen

Post by DaveGreen »

thank you it worked now :) but I've run into another problem. After installation, I deleted Install folder, pressed back and came to index page, entered ACP. The .MOD tab is now there (yay!), I press it and I see the Announcement Centre.
I decide to try write something, so I write some random stuff in the Site Announcements, I leave the rest as it is, and I press submit. Now I get an error, whenever I press .MOD tab now I get this error:

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'coldfusion-wow_com_1.phpbb_announcement_centre' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT * FROM phpbb_announcement_centre

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_announcements_centre.php
LINE: 137
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_announcements_centre.php
LINE: 47
CALL: acp_announcements_centre->announcements()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_announcements_centre->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()
What happened? hehe
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

everything worked, you could go into the announcement centre part in the .MODS tab and only after trying to update it you receive the information that no table exists?

i am assuming that the announcement centre is not working on the index page either anymore... is that correct?
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
DaveGreen

Post by DaveGreen »

yes the announcement centre never showed on the index page.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

would you be willing to set me up with a temp ftp account and a temp admin account?

either i misunderstand or the table got mysteriously deleted again after it had worked before ...
lefty74
DaveGreen

Post by DaveGreen »

sent you a PM but I don't know if you got it. my sent PMs end up in Outbox and my Sent box is empty. If you didn't get it contact me please 8-)
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Hi, I got it. I had gone to bed though which is why I only reply now ;)
lefty74
DaveGreen

Post by DaveGreen »

Gotta officially thank you, everything works like a charm now! <3 lefty74!
lefty74

Re: [Beta] ACP Announcement Centre 1.1.3

Post by lefty74 »

:) you are welcome

just released a new version:
2009-01-04 - Version1.1.3
* fixed little bug in mcp_announce.php (edits were still possible when announcement was based on single post)
* fixed little bug in prosilver announcement_centre.html (birthday avatars now centered)
* made some of the language vars more unique
* Changed install file so that database stored templates will not get the Admin install_ files added to the db
lefty74
WheelGuy

Post by WheelGuy »

baloo, I have actually figured it out and have a solution that works the way you want. Only thing is, if "no" guest announcement, the Announcement box shows to guest. Below is the soultion.

Find (in overall_header or ?):

<!-- INCLUDE announcement_centre.html -->
Replace with:

<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN and ANNOUNCEMENT_ENABLE and ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT or ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW_BIRTHDAYS_ALWAYS and ANNOUNCEMENT_BIRTHDAYS -->
	    <!-- ELSEIF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and ANNOUNCEMENT_ENABLE_GUESTS and not ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW_EVERYONE or ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW and ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT_GUEST -->
        <!-- ENDIF -->
This will show the correct announcement to guest, without birthdays and once user is logged in, even if no announcement but there is a birthday, will show the correct info.
trusite

Post by trusite »

i just tried to install this mod, and this is the error i get

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
im pretty noob at this stuff so any help will be greatly appreciated!! this is the site i have it on
http://brethrenofhonor.com
although it has that error on it right now. i do have a custom header on my site. i use prosilver_se, but i edited the prosilver files.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

trusite wrote:i just tried to install this mod, and this is the error i get

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
im pretty noob at this stuff so any help will be greatly appreciated!! this is the site i have it on
http://brethrenofhonor.com
although it has that error on it right now. i do have a custom header on my site. i use prosilver_se, but i edited the prosilver files.
hi, your text editor seems to have added a BOM to the file. Try to edit it again with a decent text editor like notepad++ and then make sure it is saved as UTF8 without Bom.
lefty74
trusite

Post by trusite »

Thanks man! that worked perfectly! thank you soo much for the help! :)
baloo

Post by baloo »

Thanks for the effort WheelGuy. Didn't seem to work as planned but no drama. For now I can live with switching it on and off. It would be nice to see it detect if an announcement is there or not and react accordingly but it seems like I'm in the minority for this feature.
WheelGuy

Post by WheelGuy »

I had to purge the cache a couple times and logout then clear my browser before it started showing properly.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”