Page 19 of 26

Re: [Beta] ACP Announcement Centre 1.1.4

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:31 pm
by baloo
Just a minor thing. The header/page title of the upgrade 113 to 114.xml actually says "Upgrade ACP Announcement Centre from version 1.1.3 to version 1.2.0"

I did a quick double take to make sure I had the right install file opened.

Re: [Beta] ACP Announcement Centre 1.1.4

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:05 pm
by lefty74
ah, thanks. yes, i wanted to make this initially 1.2.0 but later thought to put it out as 1.1.4 for a week or so and must have forgotten to change that bit.

Re: [Beta] ACP Announcement Centre 1.1.4

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:08 pm
by lefty74
spaceace wrote:this mod works great. have had it installed for a couple of weeks now :mrgreen:

any chance that someone could put a template together that looks right in Warhammer(prosilver based) http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1167575

i've been trying to do it for a couple of days and i'm failing horribly :lol:
could you try this one and see how it shows:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW_BIRTHDAYS_ALWAYS and not ANNOUNCEMENT_ENABLE and ANNOUNCEMENT_BIRTHDAYS-->
	<div class="forabg">
		<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>
			<table class="table1" cellspacing="1">
				<thead>
					<tr>
						<th style="text-align:left;  color:#D69A4A;">
							<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE --> {ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE} <!-- ELSE --> {L_ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE}<!-- ENDIF -->
						</th>
					</tr>
				</thead>
				<tbody>
					<tr class="bg3">
						<td style="text-align:center; border-top-color: #620D0D;">
							{ANNOUNCEMENT_BIRTHDAY_IMG}<br />
								<table width="100%" >
									<tr style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
										<td align="center" style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
											<table>	
												<tr align="center" style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
												<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_BIRTHDAY_AVATAR -->
													<!-- BEGIN bdannounce -->
													<td style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
														<table>
															<tr style="text-align:center; border: 0px;">
																<td style="border: 0px; padding:0;">{bdannounce.ANNOUNCEMENT_AVATAR}</td>
															</tr>
															<tr align="center" valign="bottom" style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
																<td style="border: 0px; padding:0;font-size: 10px;" ><b>{bdannounce.ANNOUNCEMENT_USERNAME}</b></td>
															</tr>
														</table>
													</td>
													<!-- END bdannounce -->
												<!-- ELSE -->
													<!-- BEGIN bdannounce -->
													<td style="border: 0px; padding:0 0 0 3px;font-size: 10px;"><b>{bdannounce.ANNOUNCEMENT_USERNAME}</b></td>
													<!-- END bdannounce -->
												<!-- ENDIF -->
												</tr>
											</table>
										</td>
									</tr>
								</table>
						</td>
					</tr>
				</tbody>
			</table>
		
		<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
	</div>
	<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_ENABLE -->
	<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_ENABLE_GUESTS and not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW_EVERYONE and not ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW or ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW-->
	<div class="forabg" >
		<div class="inner" ><span class="corners-top" ><span></span></span>
			<table class="table1" cellspacing="1" >
				<thead>
					<tr>
						<th style="text-align:left; color:#D69A4A;">
						<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_ENABLE_GUESTS and not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW_EVERYONE and not ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW -->
							<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE_GUESTS -->{ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE_GUESTS} <!-- ELSE --> {L_ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE_GUESTS}<!-- ENDIF -->
						<!-- ELSEIF ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW-->
							<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE --> {ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE} <!-- ELSE --> {L_ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE}<!-- ENDIF -->
						<!-- ENDIF -->
						</th>
					</tr>
				</thead>
				<tbody>
					<tr class="bg3" >
						<td style="border-top-color: #620D0D;">
						<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_ENABLE_GUESTS and not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW_EVERYONE and not ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW-->
						
							<div style="text-align:{ANNOUNCEMENT_GUESTS_ALIGN};"><br />{ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT_GUESTS}<br /><br /></div>
						<!-- ELSEIF ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW-->
							<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW_BIRTHDAY-->
							<div style="text-align:center;">{ANNOUNCEMENT_BIRTHDAY_IMG}<br /></div>
								<table width="100%" >
									<tr style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
										<td align="center" style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
											<table>	
												<tr align="center" style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
												<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_BIRTHDAY_AVATAR -->
													<!-- BEGIN bdannounce -->
													<td style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
														<table>
															<tr style="text-align:center; border: 0px;">
																<td style="border: 0px; padding:0;">{bdannounce.ANNOUNCEMENT_AVATAR}</td>
															</tr>
															<tr align="center" valign="bottom" style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
																<td style="border: 0px; padding:0;font-size: 10px;"><b>{bdannounce.ANNOUNCEMENT_USERNAME}</b></td>
															</tr>
														</table>
													</td>
													<!-- END bdannounce -->
												<!-- ELSE -->
													<!-- BEGIN bdannounce -->
													<td style="border: 0px; padding:0 0 0 3px;font-size: 10px;"><b>{bdannounce.ANNOUNCEMENT_USERNAME}</b></td>
													<!-- END bdannounce -->
												<!-- ENDIF -->
												</tr>
											</table>
										</td>
									</tr>
							</table>
							<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW_BIRTHDAYS_AND_ANNOUNCE -->
									
										<div style="text-align:{ANNOUNCEMENT_ALIGN};">
										<hr/ style="border-top-color:#620D0D;"><br />{ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT}
											<!-- IF S_HASATTACHMENTS -->
												<dl class="attachbox">
													<dt>{L_ATTACHMENTS}</dt>
													<!-- BEGIN announcement_attachments -->
														<dd>{announcement_attachments.DISPLAY_ATTACHMENTS}</dd>
													<!-- END announcement_attachments -->
												</dl>
											<!-- ENDIF -->
											<!-- IF U_ANNOUNCEMENT_GOTOPOST -->
												<br /><br />
												<a href="{U_ANNOUNCEMENT_GOTOPOST}">{L_ANNOUNCEMENT_GOTOPOST}</a>
																					
											<!-- ENDIF -->
											<br /><br />
										</div>					
							<!-- ENDIF -->
							<!-- ELSE -->
							<div style="text-align:{ANNOUNCEMENT_ALIGN};"><br />{ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT}
							<!-- IF S_HASATTACHMENTS -->
								<dl class="attachbox">
									<dt>{L_ATTACHMENTS}</dt>
									<!-- BEGIN announcement_attachments -->
										<dd>{announcement_attachments.DISPLAY_ATTACHMENTS}</dd>
									<!-- END announcement_attachments -->
								</dl>
							<!-- ENDIF -->
							<!-- IF U_ANNOUNCEMENT_GOTOPOST -->
								<br /><br />
								 <a href="{U_ANNOUNCEMENT_GOTOPOST}" >{L_ANNOUNCEMENT_GOTOPOST}</a>
																	
							<!-- ENDIF -->
							<br /><br /></div>
											<!-- ENDIF -->
						<!-- ENDIF -->
						</td>
					</tr>
				</tbody>
			</table>
		
		<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
	</div>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- ENDIF -->


Re: [Beta] ACP Announcement Centre 1.1.4

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:55 pm
by Ladysarajane
lefty74 wrote:ah, thanks. yes, i wanted to make this initially 1.2.0 but later thought to put it out as 1.1.4 for a week or so and must have forgotten to change that bit.
I downloaded and updated yesterday and mine says 1.1.4.
Nice easy update. Thanks Lefty!

Re: [Beta] ACP Announcement Centre 1.1.4

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:02 pm
by lefty74
Thanks ladysarajane,
it is the title of the upgrade xml file he was referring to. ;)

Re: [Beta] ACP Announcement Centre 1.1.4

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:58 pm
by Ladysarajane
Ah...the upgrade XML one...Never even paid attention to it and now that I go back and look mine says.
"Installation Instructions for 'Upgrade ACP Announcement Centre from version 1.1.3 to version 1.2.0' Version 1.1.4" :lol:
The regular install one is fine.

Re: [Beta] ACP Announcement Centre 1.1.4

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:36 pm
by spaceace
lefty74 wrote:
spaceace wrote:this mod works great. have had it installed for a couple of weeks now :mrgreen:

any chance that someone could put a template together that looks right in Warhammer(prosilver based) http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1167575

i've been trying to do it for a couple of days and i'm failing horribly :lol:
could you try this one and see how it shows:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW_BIRTHDAYS_ALWAYS and not ANNOUNCEMENT_ENABLE and ANNOUNCEMENT_BIRTHDAYS-->
	<div class="forabg">
		<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>
			<table class="table1" cellspacing="1">
				<thead>
					<tr>
						<th style="text-align:left;  color:#D69A4A;">
							<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE --> {ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE} <!-- ELSE --> {L_ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE}<!-- ENDIF -->
						</th>
					</tr>
				</thead>
				<tbody>
					<tr class="bg3">
						<td style="text-align:center; border-top-color: #620D0D;">
							{ANNOUNCEMENT_BIRTHDAY_IMG}<br />
								<table width="100%" >
									<tr style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
										<td align="center" style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
											<table>	
												<tr align="center" style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
												<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_BIRTHDAY_AVATAR -->
													<!-- BEGIN bdannounce -->
													<td style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
														<table>
															<tr style="text-align:center; border: 0px;">
																<td style="border: 0px; padding:0;">{bdannounce.ANNOUNCEMENT_AVATAR}</td>
															</tr>
															<tr align="center" valign="bottom" style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
																<td style="border: 0px; padding:0;font-size: 10px;" ><b>{bdannounce.ANNOUNCEMENT_USERNAME}</b></td>
															</tr>
														</table>
													</td>
													<!-- END bdannounce -->
												<!-- ELSE -->
													<!-- BEGIN bdannounce -->
													<td style="border: 0px; padding:0 0 0 3px;font-size: 10px;"><b>{bdannounce.ANNOUNCEMENT_USERNAME}</b></td>
													<!-- END bdannounce -->
												<!-- ENDIF -->
												</tr>
											</table>
										</td>
									</tr>
								</table>
						</td>
					</tr>
				</tbody>
			</table>
		
		<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
	</div>
	<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_ENABLE -->
	<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_ENABLE_GUESTS and not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW_EVERYONE and not ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW or ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW-->
	<div class="forabg" >
		<div class="inner" ><span class="corners-top" ><span></span></span>
			<table class="table1" cellspacing="1" >
				<thead>
					<tr>
						<th style="text-align:left; color:#D69A4A;">
						<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_ENABLE_GUESTS and not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW_EVERYONE and not ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW -->
							<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE_GUESTS -->{ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE_GUESTS} <!-- ELSE --> {L_ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE_GUESTS}<!-- ENDIF -->
						<!-- ELSEIF ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW-->
							<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE --> {ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE} <!-- ELSE --> {L_ANNOUNCEMENT_TITLE}<!-- ENDIF -->
						<!-- ENDIF -->
						</th>
					</tr>
				</thead>
				<tbody>
					<tr class="bg3" >
						<td style="border-top-color: #620D0D;">
						<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_ENABLE_GUESTS and not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW_EVERYONE and not ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW-->
						
							<div style="text-align:{ANNOUNCEMENT_GUESTS_ALIGN};"><br />{ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT_GUESTS}<br /><br /></div>
						<!-- ELSEIF ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW-->
							<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW_BIRTHDAY-->
							<div style="text-align:center;">{ANNOUNCEMENT_BIRTHDAY_IMG}<br /></div>
								<table width="100%" >
									<tr style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
										<td align="center" style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
											<table>	
												<tr align="center" style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
												<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_BIRTHDAY_AVATAR -->
													<!-- BEGIN bdannounce -->
													<td style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
														<table>
															<tr style="text-align:center; border: 0px;">
																<td style="border: 0px; padding:0;">{bdannounce.ANNOUNCEMENT_AVATAR}</td>
															</tr>
															<tr align="center" valign="bottom" style="border: 0px; padding:0;">
																<td style="border: 0px; padding:0;font-size: 10px;"><b>{bdannounce.ANNOUNCEMENT_USERNAME}</b></td>
															</tr>
														</table>
													</td>
													<!-- END bdannounce -->
												<!-- ELSE -->
													<!-- BEGIN bdannounce -->
													<td style="border: 0px; padding:0 0 0 3px;font-size: 10px;"><b>{bdannounce.ANNOUNCEMENT_USERNAME}</b></td>
													<!-- END bdannounce -->
												<!-- ENDIF -->
												</tr>
											</table>
										</td>
									</tr>
							</table>
							<!-- IF ANNOUNCEMENT_SHOW_BIRTHDAYS_AND_ANNOUNCE -->
									
										<div style="text-align:{ANNOUNCEMENT_ALIGN};">
										<hr/ style="border-top-color:#620D0D;"><br />{ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT}
											<!-- IF S_HASATTACHMENTS -->
												<dl class="attachbox">
													<dt>{L_ATTACHMENTS}</dt>
													<!-- BEGIN announcement_attachments -->
														<dd>{announcement_attachments.DISPLAY_ATTACHMENTS}</dd>
													<!-- END announcement_attachments -->
												</dl>
											<!-- ENDIF -->
											<!-- IF U_ANNOUNCEMENT_GOTOPOST -->
												<br /><br />
												<a href="{U_ANNOUNCEMENT_GOTOPOST}">{L_ANNOUNCEMENT_GOTOPOST}</a>
																					
											<!-- ENDIF -->
											<br /><br />
										</div>					
							<!-- ENDIF -->
							<!-- ELSE -->
							<div style="text-align:{ANNOUNCEMENT_ALIGN};"><br />{ANNOUNCEMENT_TEXT}
							<!-- IF S_HASATTACHMENTS -->
								<dl class="attachbox">
									<dt>{L_ATTACHMENTS}</dt>
									<!-- BEGIN announcement_attachments -->
										<dd>{announcement_attachments.DISPLAY_ATTACHMENTS}</dd>
									<!-- END announcement_attachments -->
								</dl>
							<!-- ENDIF -->
							<!-- IF U_ANNOUNCEMENT_GOTOPOST -->
								<br /><br />
								 <a href="{U_ANNOUNCEMENT_GOTOPOST}" >{L_ANNOUNCEMENT_GOTOPOST}</a>
																	
							<!-- ENDIF -->
							<br /><br /></div>
											<!-- ENDIF -->
						<!-- ENDIF -->
						</td>
					</tr>
				</tbody>
			</table>
		
		<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
	</div>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- ENDIF -->

that' exactly what i was looking for. thank you :D :D

Re: [Beta] ACP Announcement Centre 1.1.4

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:32 am
by Malek1013
(Well after posting this twice, they keep pointing me to here so... yeah )

Greetin's, I'm seriously at a loss and have spent the past 2 hours looking for a solution with nothing shown for it. I've recently installed AutoMOD and the Announcement Centre Beta as well... everything in those went smooth but they weren't showing up. Following some instructions, I checked around and saw that it said to go to ACP -> System -> Module Management -> Administration Control Panel.

What I see here however is not reflected upon my ACP even after changing tabs and a full refresh... even clearing the cache folder of everything but the index file. I'm just trying to get an announcement center tab so I can try it and see if it works with the style I'm using... and perhaps install some other mods in the future.

Installing the beta produced no errors in the initial install via. Automod. (Uninstalling it and reinstalling it did but the board still works fine to the best of my knowledge, it was a problem with some of the posting.php referring to some astray smilies...)

On said page with the modules, I have created a new category / tab. It never shows up, I have added a category under that one, still never shows. I have added a module to it that was the ACP Announcement Center. Never shows. I have made sure all items are Enabled. They are. I have added it to the .MODs tab, category break down and all. Nothing. If I disable a tab I DO see there, then it will disappear, it's just like it won't accept any changes from the default. I'm seriously at a loss and ripping my hair out. PLEASE HELP or let me know what else I need to do! Currently I have Full Admin permissions to my user AND group.

(Secondary Note: I know this isn't a problem with AutoMOD, this seems to be a general setting I'm missing or something...)

Re: [Beta] ACP Announcement Centre 1.1.4

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:44 am
by COD3M4ST3R-X
Malek1013 wrote:(Well after posting this twice, they keep pointing me to here so... yeah )

Greetin's, I'm seriously at a loss and have spent the past 2 hours looking for a solution with nothing shown for it. I've recently installed AutoMOD and the Announcement Centre Beta as well... everything in those went smooth but they weren't showing up. Following some instructions, I checked around and saw that it said to go to ACP -> System -> Module Management -> Administration Control Panel.

What I see here however is not reflected upon my ACP even after changing tabs and a full refresh... even clearing the cache folder of everything but the index file. I'm just trying to get an announcement center tab so I can try it and see if it works with the style I'm using... and perhaps install some other mods in the future.

Installing the beta produced no errors in the initial install via. Automod. (Uninstalling it and reinstalling it did but the board still works fine to the best of my knowledge, it was a problem with some of the posting.php referring to some astray smilies...)

On said page with the modules, I have created a new category / tab. It never shows up, I have added a category under that one, still never shows. I have added a module to it that was the ACP Announcement Center. Never shows. I have made sure all items are Enabled. They are. I have added it to the .MODs tab, category break down and all. Nothing. If I disable a tab I DO see there, then it will disappear, it's just like it won't accept any changes from the default. I'm seriously at a loss and ripping my hair out. PLEASE HELP or let me know what else I need to do! Currently I have Full Admin permissions to my user AND group.

(Secondary Note: I know this isn't a problem with AutoMOD, this seems to be a general setting I'm missing or something...)
Have you did DIY instructions?
Run the install script

Re: [Beta] ACP Announcement Centre 1.1.4

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:46 pm
by spaceace
Malek1013 wrote:I'm just trying to get an announcement center tab
the configuration for the announcement centre doesn't give you a tab, it goes in the .Mods tab in your ACP.

also you have to run the install script http://yourforumroothere/install/index.php

don't forget that automod is also beta and a chance that it could make mistakes. manual installation for mods in my opinion is always recommended as scripts can't tell the difference in a modded file and make a decision on where the edit needs to be ;)

Re: [Beta] ACP Announcement Centre 1.1.4

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:59 pm
by Malek1013
That was it! I saw the folder and wasn't sure what to make of it, but much appreciated, thank you very much! (SO now I need I need to make a modified style for the theme I'm using... damn... oh well.) But thank you guys so much!

(EDIT) Actually let me ask that, I"m using a slightly modified WOWMaevah style (customized top graphic) and I noticed you had the zip file of various styles for the announcement center. If I use one of those? Should it work or...?

Re: [Beta] ACP Announcement Centre 1.1.4

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:46 pm
by spaceace
Malek1013 wrote:That was it! I saw the folder and wasn't sure what to make of it, but much appreciated, thank you very much! (SO now I need I need to make a modified style for the theme I'm using... damn... oh well.) But thank you guys so much!

(EDIT) Actually let me ask that, I"m using a slightly modified WOWMaevah style (customized top graphic) and I noticed you had the zip file of various styles for the announcement center. If I use one of those? Should it work or...?
it depends on the style you're using. i'm using several subsilver2 based styles and had no problem editing the announcement center but i also have Warhammer style and it's based on prosilver and i had one heck of a time getting it to look right and lefty74 put one together for me :D

Re: [Beta] ACP Announcement Centre 1.1.4

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:26 pm
by Malek1013
spaceace wrote:
Malek1013 wrote:That was it! I saw the folder and wasn't sure what to make of it, but much appreciated, thank you very much! (SO now I need I need to make a modified style for the theme I'm using... damn... oh well.) But thank you guys so much!

(EDIT) Actually let me ask that, I"m using a slightly modified WOWMaevah style (customized top graphic) and I noticed you had the zip file of various styles for the announcement center. If I use one of those? Should it work or...?
it depends on the style you're using. i'm using several subsilver2 based styles and had no problem editing the announcement center but i also have Warhammer style and it's based on prosilver and i had one heck of a time getting it to look right and lefty74 put one together for me :D
Using the WoWMaevahEmpire one and just need it on the front page only actually. :)

Re: [Beta] ACP Announcement Centre 1.1.4

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:32 pm
by lefty74
what you will need to do is look at whether the style you are using is based on subsilver2 or prosilver. then upload the template files that suit best to the style folder you are using.

have a look at e.g. forumlist_body.html as your 'basecode'. it might involve playing around a little to get it to work so you will have to be a bit patient.

if you have got it figured out please feel free to post it so others can make use of it as well ;)

Re: [Beta] ACP Announcement Centre 1.1.4

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:29 pm
by Malek1013
At a glance it looks almost exactly like prosilver, so I copied the 3 files from the templates folder of the prosilver one to the MaevahEmpire Theme page (i.e. the announcement*.html and mcp_announcement*.html) files, and the birthday png (even though I disabled it, still doesn't appear like it's showing up to me though...

(EDIT) Tried with the subsilver2 thing as well, same story, reverted back to the prosilver additional pages... same story. Need any info or any other suggestions good people? :)

(EDIT 2:) The style mentioned here is: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 4&t=552199

(Yet ANOTHER EDIT:) Tried it on Prosilver, that worked... so it's style specific apparently.