[MODDB] Anti-Spam ACP

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
thejdm

Re: [RC] Anti-Spam ACP

Post by thejdm »

sounds pretty awesome. will be wkeeping an eye on this once i see more and more people/spam registering. since i switched from vB to phpBB3 i noticed 0 spam. i went from phpbb2 to vB because of spam and ended up hating vB ha.

none the less this looks awesome.
www.thejdm.com ...turn it on, y0
MstWntd

Post by MstWntd »

MOD is working great, just one question. Another admin on my board tried to do the One-Click ban and it did not work. I can use it fine (#1 user, founder) but he can't. He sees the IP search and such, but he is #3 member with founder and nothing.
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

MstWntd wrote:MOD is working great, just one question. Another admin on my board tried to do the One-Click ban and it did not work. I can use it fine (#1 user, founder) but he can't. He sees the IP search and such, but he is #3 member with founder and nothing.
I've tested it with a user both as a founder and as a user with only permission to one click ban a user and they had no problems. If anything this could be a permissions error with duplicates. You'll need to check your acl_options table for duplicates.
jrolson

Post by jrolson »

I had some spammers from China get through registration, even though their info was on SFS. And I had the StopForumSpam integration turned on.

I tried a test to register with their info (username and email) and I was blocked.
So it seems to be working...

So how did they bypass registration?

The only thing I can think of is if the SFS site was down when they registered. Is this possible?
Jaymie1989
Name: Jaymie

Post by Jaymie1989 »

Hi,

Could you please explain to me how the Flag User works.
Dear creators of Sesame Street,
Kids are still fat. Can I come back now?
Sincerely, Cookie Monster.

View my MODs - Need phpBB help with MODs and Styles? Take a look at my phpBB3 services
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

jrolson wrote:I had some spammers from China get through registration, even though their info was on SFS. And I had the StopForumSpam integration turned on.

I tried a test to register with their info (username and email) and I was blocked.
So it seems to be working...

So how did they bypass registration?

The only thing I can think of is if the SFS site was down when they registered. Is this possible?
Perhaps it wasn't identical to what was on SFS or it was added after they registered?

It could have been down as well.
Jaymie1989 wrote:Hi,

Could you please explain to me how the Flag User works.
It just set's a flag on the user which reports when they make/edit posts, send PM's, change their profile, etc.
MstWntd

Post by MstWntd »

EXreaction wrote:
MstWntd wrote:MOD is working great, just one question. Another admin on my board tried to do the One-Click ban and it did not work. I can use it fine (#1 user, founder) but he can't. He sees the IP search and such, but he is #3 member with founder and nothing.
I've tested it with a user both as a founder and as a user with only permission to one click ban a user and they had no problems. If anything this could be a permissions error with duplicates. You'll need to check your acl_options table for duplicates.
Maybe that's where my problem is lying. You have to go in and set a group to be allowed one-click ban?

Edit: checked Acl_options and there's no duplicates.
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

If you set it so they are either a board founder they should be able to or if you just give them permission to use the one click ban they should as well. They should never see it otherwise.
MstWntd

Post by MstWntd »

EXreaction wrote:If you set it so they are either a board founder they should be able to or if you just give them permission to use the one click ban they should as well. They should never see it otherwise.
Where is the permission located at? They have founder permissions but they say they don't see the link in a member's profile.
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

It is an administrative permission. Founders automatically have full administrative permissions, so it should be true for all founders. :?
MstWntd

Post by MstWntd »

EXreaction wrote:It is an administrative permission. Founders automatically have full administrative permissions, so it should be true for all founders. :?
I just "un foundered" and "re foundered" each of the members, and they are still seeing no results.
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Not sure really what to say, then only thing I can think of would be that your permissions are messed up in some way.
MstWntd

Post by MstWntd »

EXreaction wrote:Not sure really what to say, then only thing I can think of would be that your permissions are messed up in some way.
Hmm...it's really weird though. They have the same permissions as me, but I (first account on board) only have the right to OCB. I'll take a look at the permissions tomorrow, any certain place I should look?
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

If they are founders then what you set the admin permissions to in the ACP do not matter.
MstWntd

Post by MstWntd »

EXreaction wrote:If they are founders then what you set the admin permissions to in the ACP do not matter.
That's what I thought...
Really weird, it's not that big of an issue but I had some free time so I figured I would look into it a little more.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”