[BETA] Almsamim WYSIWYG editor v0.0.8 for phpBB3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Goztow

Re: [BETA] Almsamim WYSIWYG editor v0.0.8 for phpBB3

Post by Goztow » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:13 pm

I have a problem when editing the signature in UCP. When the WYSIWYG editor is enabled in ucp_profile_signature.html, the submitted signature doesn't get saved in the database. The signature is then set to no content.

I put my old code back in this file and all worked fine, but then obviously without the WYSIWYG editor.

I has a look in the wysiwyg editor and couldn't really track a possible problem in there.

I don't think I have mods that could influence the signature submitting process.

The editor works fine on messages and PM's.

DJ Skitzo

Post by DJ Skitzo » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:14 pm

Has anybody managed to add this posting editer to Alightners Calendar mod? I managed to get the editer itself to display on the new event page, however, when clicking submit, no information was being passed to the next page.

cpucpu

Bug report.

Post by cpucpu » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:55 am

It seems that this editor has a bug, i haven't read all posts in this thread, so i don't know whether you already know it...

When copy-pasting, pasted content will lose some line breaks.
I'm no sure which are, maybe it's variable, i think they are the initial and the last one.

This error not occurs when 'switching bbcode/HTML view' within the editor...

Does someone know anything? ts is not a big deal, but its extremely annoying each time i paste content to a message, and have to edit to reformat content.

santhosh11421

Post by santhosh11421 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:50 pm

will it works with phpbb3.0.4 ???????????????

Goztow

Post by Goztow » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:05 pm

santhosh11421 wrote:will it works with phpbb3.0.4 ???????????????
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p8580125

santhosh11421

Post by santhosh11421 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:30 am

ok very good ..

what about the custom bbcodes???
e.g: flash_i,img_l, img_r, mail=, marquee=, etc..

where they can display on this mod, if i install it ..???

cpucpu

Post by cpucpu » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:00 am

I know what happens, the pasted content shouldn't be inserted into formated text, as it breaks it in the middle...and after that break, the Almsamim system do not perform the respective line breaks...

Mr_makaveli

Post by Mr_makaveli » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:18 am

Smiles in quick reply yet?
www.tgzforum.com, a new forum for all types of people

Mr_makaveli

Post by Mr_makaveli » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:47 am

Rightio some help would be handy right now :oops:

http://www.rizaveli.freevar.com

click on any topic, ok all good, the quick reply works, now go to post reply :roll: erm nothing is there help please

name: guest
password: welcome

almsamim

Post by almsamim » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:52 am

Goztow wrote:I have a problem when editing the signature in UCP. When the WYSIWYG editor is enabled in ucp_profile_signature.html, the submitted signature doesn't get saved in the database. The signature is then set to no content.

I put my old code back in this file and all worked fine, but then obviously without the WYSIWYG editor.

I has a look in the wysiwyg editor and couldn't really track a possible problem in there.

I don't think I have mods that could influence the signature submitting process.

The editor works fine on messages and PM's.
maybe you didn't edit ucp_profile_signature.html well , enable it first then put a link of your website with the problem then i can tell you the source of problem
DJ Skitzo wrote:Has anybody managed to add this posting editer to Alightners Calendar mod? I managed to get the editer itself to display on the new event page, however, when clicking submit, no information was being passed to the next page.
to add it with the calendar you must edit it as posting_editor.html , including wysiwyg.html file inside the posting_event file
cpucpu wrote:It seems that this editor has a bug, i haven't read all posts in this thread, so i don't know whether you already know it...

When copy-pasting, pasted content will lose some line breaks.
I'm no sure which are, maybe it's variable, i think they are the initial and the last one.

This error not occurs when 'switching bbcode/HTML view' within the editor...

Does someone know anything? ts is not a big deal, but its extremely annoying each time i paste content to a message, and have to edit to reformat content.
maybe you're using IE
http://www.almsamim.com/-fix-double-ent ... -t369.html
santhosh11421 wrote:will it works with phpbb3.0.4 ???????????????
YES OF COURSE
santhosh11421 wrote:ok very good ..

what about the custom bbcodes???
e.g: flash_i,img_l, img_r, mail=, marquee=, etc..

where they can display on this mod, if i install it ..???
custom bbcode will be display either as images but then you'll have to add its images in images/editor folder
with png extension or you can display it as buttons as the original editor exactly
cpucpu wrote:I know what happens, the pasted content shouldn't be inserted into formated text, as it breaks it in the middle...and after that break, the Almsamim system do not perform the respective line breaks...
i don't know what break you're talking of
http://www.almsamim.com/-fix-double-ent ... -t369.html
Mr_makaveli wrote:Smiles in quick reply yet?
still coming soon
Mr_makaveli wrote:Rightio some help would be handy right now :oops:

http://www.rizaveli.freevar.com

click on any topic, ok all good, the quick reply works, now go to post reply :roll: erm nothing is there help please

name: guest
password: welcome
i can see you didn't edit posting_editor.html template file

Mr_makaveli

Post by Mr_makaveli » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:30 am

I copied your premodded one across

When i add the unedited posting smilies posting body etc, back it works fine, when i put yours in, it kills of the bottom half of the board, and i cant type in it, yet the Quick Reply i am having no problems

almsamim

Post by almsamim » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:23 am

Mr_makaveli wrote:I copied your premodded one across

When i add the unedited posting smilies posting body etc, back it works fine, when i put yours in, it kills of the bottom half of the board, and i cant type in it, yet the Quick Reply i am having no problems
did you copy prosilver or subsilver2 file ??

Mr_makaveli

Post by Mr_makaveli » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:32 am

i am now using prosilver, is this going to make it an issue, it just seems every time i do the edits it kills it, i can grant u admin access as you have already registered on my site if you want too take a peek

I have no freaking clue what going on, im gonna go away rest my head and come back, its working now, but ive just added un modified files back :cry: argh im so mad, great mod love it just not sure what the hell is going on

Its working again, no idea what the hell just happened, can you please tell me how to remove two of the video codes, and do you have a nice little image for the highslide mod i preinstalled mine is that little blue thing and looks pretty crappy

Oh dear lord this is a joke, now my quick reply bottom of the board is gone :twisted:

ok everything is awesome and fine, except i have two boxes inside the Private Messaging, any ideas?

Blackmore

Post by Blackmore » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:17 pm

Great mod! I've installed it in my forum and it works great. Thanks for that.
Cheers,
Blackmore

almsamim

Post by almsamim » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:30 pm

Mr_makaveli wrote:i am now using prosilver, is this going to make it an issue, it just seems every time i do the edits it kills it, i can grant u admin access as you have already registered on my site if you want too take a peek

I have no freaking clue what going on, im gonna go away rest my head and come back, its working now, but ive just added un modified files back :cry: argh im so mad, great mod love it just not sure what the hell is going on

Its working again, no idea what the hell just happened, can you please tell me how to remove two of the video codes, and do you have a nice little image for the highslide mod i preinstalled mine is that little blue thing and looks pretty crappy

Oh dear lord this is a joke, now my quick reply bottom of the board is gone :twisted:

ok everything is awesome and fine, except i have two boxes inside the Private Messaging, any ideas?
http://www.almsamim.com/subsilver-probl ... html#p1126

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”