[BETA] Almsamim WYSIWYG editor v0.0.8 for phpBB3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
almsamim

Re: [BETA] Almsamim WYSIWYG editor v0.0.4.1 for phpBB3

Post by almsamim »

H3nK wrote:Wille there be better looking buttons (like the other ones) for youtube and googlevideo in a later release?
the buttons are bbcode buttons , i can add the option that show an image with the bbcode name instead of the bbcode button , thanks for suggestion
Sarrene wrote:I dont know about having an option to turn it on or off. With editors that are bloated like HotEditor I can understand. Especially since it can be really fussy. However, with this one here that Almsamim has done, it is very easy to install and actually has a very small footprint. Enough that many of my members had not even noticed i added a wysiwyg editor again.

I would think that if you were to add in an input to turn it on or off based on per user while posting, that that could actually take up a bit more load time as well as footprint, no? I am just guessing here though... since im just a beginer yet myself. I am more a graphic designer then anything else lol.

seamusryan, this editor takes up no more actual space then the default here. Though I think it looks a lot better... Here is a screen shot of it on my forum: (Mind you i have my own custom smilies and post icons.
there will be abutton for bbcode/wysiwyg switch in the next version
i can't see the image , reupload it
thanks

thesecret

Post by thesecret »

your work is excellent in this release , i saw that u did maany of features asked by us ,that seems so good as i told u before that if some features is added ,this editor will be the best in phpbb 3 history
-----------
about other features i wait for:
1-image uploading tool
2-making you tube and all added bbcodes work as the way the image work by getting a window as user for url
3-adding some sympols which help students(a user asked for it as that of hot editor)
4-trying to solve url bug(also asked by user and u said it is from phpbb)
5-solving bug that faces me which is i feel i cant write inside text box till loading of page of posting complete
if i found more , i will tell u
i am sure that u will be the best editor and we will help in that by telling u ideas and bugs

Sarrene
Name: Sarrene Grant

Post by Sarrene »

Okay, now that was odd. I am not sure why it ended up linking to another picture. It probably had something to do with me fixing the gallery somewhat the last couple days.

okay, here is another attempt at the image :D

rikin

Post by rikin »

Is it possible to copy and paste an image and have it appear instead of using the image tags?

almsamim

Post by almsamim »

rikin wrote:Is it possible to copy and paste an image and have it appear instead of using the image tags?
sure you can do that , but the picture path must be outside your website

rikin

Post by rikin »

What do you mean by outside your website? Do you mean like copying a picture from google images and not from my site for eg. my board logo?

almsamim

Post by almsamim »

rikin wrote:What do you mean by outside your website? Do you mean like copying a picture from google images and not from my site for eg. my board logo?
exactly , because phpBB system doesn't parse images like
[img]/images/image.gif[/img]

rikin

Post by rikin »

I just tried copying and pasting a google image on to the test site, it doesnt seem to show up. When i pressed enter, it just came up with the tags and was linking to my temporary files. Must be a little bug i guess.

almsamim

Post by almsamim »

rikin wrote:I just tried copying and pasting a google image on to the test site, it doesnt seem to show up. When i pressed enter, it just came up with the tags and was linking to my temporary files. Must be a little bug i guess.
:? but i copied it now with all google links and there is no problem
see
http://www.almsamim.com/-test-copying-g ... r-t67.html
and i pressed alot of enter

rikin

Post by rikin »

Thats wierd, it doesnt work for me, im sure its not my browser. Ive copied and pasted the whole google page and still the image doesnt show up. Just a blank space where it should be.

EDIT// I see whats happening. If i copy and paste the whole page, the images show, but say if i just copy the google logo, it comes with an empty space in the text box.

almsamim

Post by almsamim »

rikin wrote:Thats wierd, it doesnt work for me, im sure its not my browser. Ive copied and pasted the whole google page and still the image doesnt show up. Just a blank space where it should be.

EDIT// I see whats happening. If i copy and paste the whole page, the images show, but say if i just copy the google logo, it comes with an empty space in the text box.
i just copied the google logo and it works fine
http://www.almsamim.com/-test-copying-g ... .html#p215
maybe you are trying to copy a background image

you are using Firefox/3.0.3 and so i

rikin

Post by rikin »

Lol, yeah, i see its working now, i fink i actually was trying to copy the background all this time. Sorry for the hassle, but its a great code, just want to help make it perfect.

almsamim

Post by almsamim »

rikin wrote:Lol, yeah, i see its working now, i fink i actually was trying to copy the background all this time. Sorry for the hassle, but its a great code, just want to help make it perfect.
thanks ;)
and wait for the next release 0.0.5 soon , it may delay , as i'am intending to make the MOD stable.

3rdear

Post by 3rdear »

Everything looks good and I'm getting ready to employ this mod on my forum, too.

COUPLE QUESTIONS: Can we expect support for tables beyond HTML insertion? If so how soon?
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

almsamim

Re: [BETA] Almsamim WYSIWYG editor v0.0.4.5 for phpBB3

Post by almsamim »

New in Beta Version 0.0.4.5 :
  • [Fix] Faster loading of the editor contetns
  • [Fix] White space that appears below the page of posting
  • [Fix] insert HTML code inside the topic
  • [Fix] insert HTML code inside

Code: Select all

and [code=php] bbcode [*][color=#ff0000][Fix][/color] bug in insertHTML in safari chrome [*][color=#ff0000][Fix] [/color]solving the problem of using gt; and lt; and amp; completely[*][color=#ff0000][Fix][/color] style to the editor from its background and hover icons[*][color=#ff0000][Fix][/color] solving some problems with focus in safari,chrome[*][color=#ff0000][Fix][/color] solving the problem of inserting HTML tags from topic review[*][color=#ff0000][Fix][/color] fixing the type of text inside the editor[*][NEW] Adding ACP Module with auto-installation with the MOD[*][Feature] ability to enable/disable WYSIWYG editor[*][Feature] New powerful detailed auto-installation[*][Feature] ability to show Custom BBcode as images instead of buttons[*][Feature] ability to show prompt box for adding the text of URLs[*][Feature] ability to change Background of the WYSIWYG editor box[*][Feature] ability to change color of the text in the editor[*][Feature] colour palette cloud [*][Feature] Fonts list in the editor in the ACP [*][Feature] Direction of the editor in the ACP [*][Feature] NEW custom menu to add what you want in [*]and improving the js code and some other small bugs fixed [/list]

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”