Title: Invite A Friend
Invite A Friend is a phpBB3 Modification, which adds referral and invitation features to your phpBB board in order to have more control over the user registration process and help the growth of your community.
This can either be accomplished by specifying a referral user or sending out invitations with an invitation code attached. The invitation code cannot only be required to make your board private but also helps to associate new users with their referrer adding a more social component to the phpBB board. Supporting Ultimate Points and Cash Mod.
Version: [Beta] 0.7.0
Target version: phpBB 3.0.10
- English (en)
- German (de)
Supported styles: prosilver, subsilver2
Mod Download: Invite A Friend 0.7.0
- Import contacts from other social services
- Send invitations using Jabber / your own e-mail address
- Report spam
- Possibility to cancel pedning invitations
- Invitation form customization settings
- Different user states (received invitation, followed the link, registered, active)
- Additional templates for each user state addressing both the referral and the referrer making
- Define the criteria for a successful invitation
- Permission role for invited users
- Add user to rank/group depending on invitations sent
- Run actions in ACP (resynch deleted users, delete pending invitations, etc.)
- Ability to assign invitations manually
- Support for Reputation System 0.4.2
- UCP Module: User-specific settings
- UCP Module: User-specific log
- UCP Module: Pending registrations
- MCP Module: Register spam reports
- MCP Module: Approve invitations
- ACP Module: Pending registrations
Git repository: http://github.com/Bycoja/invite-a-friend
ACP Invitation settings
ACP Referral settings
ACP Message templates
ACP Action log
2012-08-12 - Version 0.7.0 [Beta]
- [Added] Referral features
- [Added] Referral template
- [Added] Multiple recipients
- [Added] Statistics
- [Added] Invitation icon
- [Added] More settings (expiration time, post requirement, etc.)
- [Added] ACP Module: Referral settings
- [Added] ACP Module: Overview
- [Changed] Moved the invitation link
- [Changed] Disabled the 'prevent abuse' setting by default
- [Changed] Disabled the options when composing invitations by default
- [Changed] Key generation
- [Fixed] UMIL installation
- [Fixed] Errors when installing with AutoMOD 1.0
- [Fixed] Apply template changes made in the ACP correctly
- [Fixed] Special characters in templates
- [Fixed] Confirmation code display
Although the modx file states that 'This MOD is development quality. It is not recommended that you install it on a live forum.', installing the modification shouldn't cause any trouble in fact. However, the modification is still tagged as beta, so bear with me if there is a bug or two.How about installing the modification on a live board?
Cookies? No, seriously - please report it to this topic. Nevertheless do not only post the plain error message, but also describe exactly what you were doing when the error occurred. This will help me reproduce and eventually fix it.I found a bug!
These problems may occur apart from each other, but more likely at the same time. After making sure that you didn't miss the invitation settings accidentally, access the permissions tab in the Administration Control Panel, choose your user or group and edit the permissions.Administration Control Panel: I cannot find the invitation settings and the invitation log.
User Control Panel, Compose Invitation: You are not authorised to access this area.
As for the invitation form in the User Control Panel you have to search for User permissions->Misc->Can send invitations to friends, the permission to manage invitation settings can be found at Admin permissions->Misc->Can manage invitation settings / Can manage invitation log.
Please check the board´s error log in the Administration Control Panel (ACP->Maintenance->Error log). If you are not able to draw any conclusion from the error message, feel free to post it in this topic or contact your host.An error occurred while sending the invitation.
No, it's probably not. Invite A Friend is using phpBB's messenger class to send e-mails, so it should be working if the board can send other e-mails like, for instance, mass e-mails. Please make sure that you have enabled board-wide e-mails in the Administration Control Panel (ACP->General->E-mail settings) and entered a valid contact e-mail address.I've submitted the form and the invitation has been sent successfully. However, the recipient doesn't receive any email - is the MOD broken?
If the board cannot send any e-mails, please contact your host and find out whether he provides a native (PHP based) e-mail service at all.
Inviting yourself in order to test the modification won't work unless you have disabled the settings in the Administration Control Panel (it is enabled by default). To prevent abuse, especially when using reward systems, the IP address of the user-to-be will be compared to the one of the user who invited him. If both IP addresses are identical, this error will be displayed as someone is trying to take the mickey out of us.When trying to register a new user the modification states 'You must not use registration keys you sent to yourself.'
Invitations leading to the registration of the invited friend.Successful invitations?
Each invitation sent to a user´s friend is attached an invitation code, which is a randomly generated string consisting of alphabetic and numeric characters (between 10 and 16). The invitation code generally inheres in two tasks: It not only helps to associate new users with the one who invited them and keeps track of statistical information, but it may also be required to register new users at all - which would be necessary if you set invitation codes to required in Administration Control Panel making your board a private one.What is an invitation code?
They can be disabled completely, too (in this case the e-mail address of the user-to-be will be compared in order to associate him with the user who invited him). And last but not least you are able to give future users the choice whether they want to enter an invitation code, providing special advantage to those who got invited (and therefore got a key).
42.What is the answer to life, the universe and everything?