[MODDB] Custom Header Logo 1.2.7 (with bg and custom pages)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Balint

Re: [RC] Custom Header Logo 1.2.4 (backgrounds and custom pa

Post by Balint »

Hi,

of course it's not working - the viewforum bit is handled in the forum options, as you can see on the screenshot. So please go to ACP --> Forums --> Edit and choose the logo and/or background there.

Regards,
Bálint
WascallyWabbit

Re: [RC] Custom Header Logo 1.2.4 (backgrounds and custom pa

Post by WascallyWabbit »

Hahaha.....I feel pretty stupid now.....sry for wasting time on that one. Thanks
simvader

Re: [RC] Custom Header Logo 1.2.5 (backgrounds and custom pa

Post by simvader »

is it also posible that users can get their own background? (just like an avatar :P).

Would be awesome tho.
Balint

Post by Balint »

Hi,

no, this MOD is designed to alter the header logo and background only. it's not aimed at users.

Regards,
Bálint
Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

GREAT MOD!!! Thanks! I will translate to Spanish :)

Edit: Works perfect on 3.0.7 installed with Automod :D
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD
Sheldon469

Post by Sheldon469 »

Subscribing
Balint

Post by Balint »

Hi @all,

a couple of days ago my MOD was denied from the MOD validators. A bunch of suggestions were posted by the validators, so I will try to address these issues. This does not mean that you can't use the version 1.2.5 but it does mean that the next version most probably will look different and will behave in a different way.

I just wanted to inform you about these things to keep you in touch.

Regards,
Bálint
Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess »

Balint wrote:Hi @all,

a couple of days ago my MOD was denied from the MOD validators. A bunch of suggestions were posted by the validators, so I will try to address these issues. This does not mean that you can't use the version 1.2.5 but it does mean that the next version most probably will look different and will behave in a different way.

I just wanted to inform you about these things to keep you in touch.

Regards,
Bálint
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to a release. :)
North Idaho Patriot

Post by North Idaho Patriot »

My forum is http://www.AmericanPreppersNetwork.net

I purchased the advanced hosting from freeforums.org as well as the mod package that was also offered.

I thought that this Custom Header mod was included because it was part of the offer. I didn't see it anywhere so I tried to install it myself. This is where I got the mod.

I followed the instructions exactly but it didn't work. So I re-installed all my backup files, I basically changed it back to the way it was before I attempted to install the mod and I'm still having problems. I can't seem to understand why there would still be problems if I made backups.

This is what is happening when I log into the ACP and go to the board settings I get the following message:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_board.php on line 902: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 1165: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3525)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3525)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3525)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3525)

Also, there are some other problems that I've noticed.
1) Half the links are in { Brackets like this }
2) the link for the PM's and the link to logout is missing.
3) I've also noticed that the Post and Topic Totals are missing from the portal as well.
4) The activity stats is also missing
5) All the posts are showing oldest first and newest last. This makes it difficult to see the newest posts. Also, I am unable to delete spam messages. It says I'm only allowed to delete my own post...I'm the admin and have full access to everything, I just checked it, it says I have access to delete posts, yet I still can't

What went wrong? What can be done to fix it? I followed the instructions exactly the way that it said for the Mod and when it didn't work I re-installed my backup files and this is what happened.
Last edited by camm15h on Thu May 06, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Code tags added.
Balint

Post by Balint »

North Idaho Patriot

Post by North Idaho Patriot »

I installed AutoMod so that it would be easier to install this mod, and even when using Automod I still get an error message...It said everything was successful except for this message:

Error:Duplicate column name 'forum_logo'
ALTER TABLE americanpreppersnetwork_forums ADD forum_logo VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL
Error:Duplicate entry 'logo_path' for key 'PRIMARY'
INSERT INTO americanpreppersnetwork_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('logo_path', 'images/logos')

What does that mean, and what do I need to do to fix it?

Thanks.

My forum is www.AmericanPreppersNetwork.net
Balint

Post by Balint »

Hi,

that means you already inserted parts of the SQL statement into your database before.

You can force the installation IMHO if this is the only error while installing. Or you can edit and reupload the install-xml-file after removing

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD forum_logo VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;
and

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('logo_path', 'images/logos');
In case of another error regarding "duplicate keys" remove the whole <sql>-bit from the install file:

<sql>CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS phpbb_header_images (
  page_header_image_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  page_name varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL,
  page_logo varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL,
  page_background_logo varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL,
  page_query varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL,
  page_path varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (page_header_image_id)
);

ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD forum_logo VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD forum_background_logo VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('logo_path', 'images/logos');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('logo_background_path', 'images/backgrounds');</sql>

Regards,
Bálint
Blizzie

Post by Blizzie »

can u please implant random header change :D i saw a add to this mod in some of the first release of your mod i will really like if u can implant it in your mod so i can have random and some fast header in div forums
Balint

Post by Balint »

Did you try the changes described in http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p4302035 ?
Naxion

Post by Naxion »

Greetings Balint!

Yesterday i installed manually (without using AutoMOD) Custom Header Logo 1.2.5 an the installation was ok, no problem at all.

But, when i try to change Forum Logo or Background in a Forum or Category, logos - background images from the .images/logos and .images/backgrounds Folders where not displayed as you can see below:

In the ACP Part for Custom header images for files like memberlist.php all seems to work correctly.

Do you have a solution or can you tell why the images are not displayed in the ...forum part?

Thank's in advance for your help

Naxion

P.S
.images/logos
and
.images/backgrounds folders exists
Phpbb version 3.0.7 PL1
MySQL 5.0.90

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”