Okay, I'm stumped...
Here's what I've done to try and get this working:
(1) Uninstall test board. (URL in signature - below) using Cpanel.
(2) Re-install test board (Also using Cpanel)
(3) Confirm every part of test board working before modifying by logging in and clicking everything as Admin.
(4) Delete existing Mod .zip file and download fresh copy - using following link:
(5) Unzip files to desktop
(6) Modify php database with PhpMyAdmin as per Mod install instructions
(7) Backup files to be modified to seperate folder
(8) Download - in seperate folder - all files to be modified
(9) Carefully mod files as instructed paying strict attention to 'replace,' 'add before' and 'add after'
(10) Go to ACP front page (General Tab) and click "Purge the cache" button
(11) Attempt to go to "Forums" tab (also in ACP) and here is the message:
Language file custom_header.php couldn't be opened.
Some more info that might assist you diagnose:
(A) Board version: Phpbb 3.0.2
(B) Database server: MySQL 4.1.22-standard
AFTER installation, restoring backed up version - but leaving SQL changes and leaving "Language file custom_header.php" installed doesn't affect the board working - so I don't think that the sql changes or the aditional file are the problem - it seems to me to be something in my editing of the files -OR- a problem in the SQL database version?
This is all the info I can think of to supply... Is there other info you need to help me diagnose this?