[MODDB] Custom Header Logo 1.2.7 (with bg and custom pages)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Mess
Name: Kim

Re: [RC] Custom Header Logo 1.2.5 (backgrounds and custom pa

Post by Mess » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:31 pm

The only edit I did to enable the rotate.php script was add this:

Code: Select all

background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/headers/rotate.php");
So I assumed it would just be random when nothing was selected. But its somehow overwritten.
I installed you're mod with automod so I will have to check the edits to be sure, and unfortunately can't do that today.

ottolapsi

Post by ottolapsi » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:26 am

Hi again,

I'm switching from subsilver based theme to Prosilver Special Edition. I have removed the site name/description and site logo as explained here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=639205

I really would like to use this mod, but my forum is no longer having a logo, so my questions is: Is there a way to get this mod affect to the header image?

This is the style:
http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo/3.0/?style_id=3

And this is the image which I would like to change with this mod:
http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo/3.0/bo ... header.gif

Thank you!

Balint

Post by Balint » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:11 am

Hi,

so in your case you would only change the header background image. Prosilver SE uses the same CSS definition for ".headerbar" which my MOD targets with the changes in overall_header.html - so it should work. Just define a background logo for the desired forums or pages.

Regards,
Bálint

Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:01 pm

Balint wrote:Hi,

sorry for the late replay, again I did not get any notification from phpbb.com.

So basically if you define a custom background image for a forum you don't want to have the random image MOD overwriting it?

It should not happen since the instructions in overall_header.html are defined after the other css-includes. I assume you inserted my code right before "</head>" in the mentioned file?

Regards,
Bálint
Just reporting back to say you're mod appears to be working fine with the random header script from STG. I had to use .header-bar instead of .headerbar in my overall_header because I'm using SE Pro, I didnt catch that until tonight. :)

Thanks for an excellent mod!

Edit: I also have a feature request!
Could you add an option for forum body also? :D
(Post in mod requests)

Karoshiga

Post by Karoshiga » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:28 am

Hello all.

I have just installed this mod. Everything seemed to go fine, but I cannot get it to work. I am using an old subsilver2 based style which I recently updated to current code. I am running phpbb 3.0.7-PL1.

In ACP, when I choose a forum to edit, the Forum Logo and Forum Background text looks strange and the dropdown boxes are blank as shown in the following image

When I click on the forum logo dropdown, the images I uploaded to the logo folder are there. I can choose one and submit the form, but nothing changes in the selected forum. Then when I come back to the ACP the box is blank again.

I have read through this thread trying many things to try and solve the problem. I usually try to work these things out myself, but I am at a dead end here.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Balint

Post by Balint » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:07 am

Hi,

thank you for using this MOD and posting a helpful screenshot with the errors present.

If you use another language in your forum, you need to copy the language file found in root/language/en/mods/custom_header.php to your other language folders (eg. language/de/mods).

The problem with the "not sticking" selection could be a not (properly) updated database structure. Please ensure that the columns forum_logo and forum_background_logo can be found in the phpbb_forums-table (use phpMyAdmin to query this info).

We'll figure this out! :-)

Regards,
Bálint

Karoshiga

Post by Karoshiga » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:57 pm

Thank you for the quick reply :)

I am only using english language across the board. I checked the database structure in phpMyAdmin, and in the phpbb_forums table I can see forum_logo and forum_background_logo in the "field" list.

Is there anything else I should be looking for?

Thanks.

Balint

Post by Balint » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:19 pm

Hi,

I'm bummed - could you make a ZIP of the files

adm/style/acp_forums.html,
includes/constants.php,
includes/functions.php,
includes/acp/acp_board.php,
includes/acp/acp_forums.php,
language/en/acp/common.php,
styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html

and send them to balintATkrizsan.de (AT=@)? Something must be wrong here...

Regards,
Bálint

Karoshiga

Post by Karoshiga » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:23 pm

Will do. I wouldn't be surprised if it is something I did wrong somewhere :oops:

Thanks so much.

Balint

Post by Balint » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi,

in includes/acp/acp_board.php you forgot to include the first edit, in includes/acp/acp_board.php the first two edits are missing.

If you make the changes the MOD should function properly. Another note: please ensure when editing files, they have to be in "UTF8 without BOM" encoding.

Regards,
Bálint

Karoshiga

Post by Karoshiga » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:39 pm

Thank you very much, it works fine now. :)

I must have forgotten to save on those two files yesterday. :roll:

Sorry to put you through any trouble for my mistakes. Thanks for a wonderful mod, this is just what I needed!

Cheers

riftlakes

Post by riftlakes » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 am

ok.. I have been looking at this and drooling ove r this for a few.. but I must as k a question...

Does this increase the size of the overall header? what if I have already increased the over all size of my header??

I am sorry if I am an idiot.. I have been reading your forum thread and b the time I get to last page I don't remember everything form first few pages.. This may be due to the fact I am staying up god awful hours to work on my forum while going to work and having a thriving aquarium plant mail order business but that is all another story.. lmao

Thanks

Balint

Post by Balint » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:40 am

Hi,

By increasing you mean in pixel dimensions? That depends on the size of the customized logos you generate/choose for your pages. The behavior of the background images depends on the settings of your style, usually it should not increase the size.

If I misunderstood you, please don't hesitate to ask further questions. Maybe a link to your forum and/or screenshots would help better answering you.

Regards,
Bálint

riftlakes

Post by riftlakes » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Yes the pixel dimensions.. Much likie the header here on phpbb.com.. should I increase the size of my header before I install the mod and the images i want to display or will it generate a header to sorta " fit my images.? i am using Charcoal at the moment which has a height of 90 I think but it is miniscule(sp?).. lol

http://sweetaquatics.com/forums

Also would this work for larger header images much like her e on phpbb.com ? I mean instead of the tiny litle logo block can I use headers that will cover the entire header with this mod?

It would seem the answer is yes as I see it done here on phpbb.com but if i am getting myself in to a world of further edits i need to write on my own maybe i should just step away quietly.. lmao I am seriously laughing I am a newby , i can do some php but big jobs just scare the heck out of me.. lmao

Balint

Post by Balint » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:05 pm

Hi,

all the answers are depending on the style you use: in prosilver (standard phpBB style) bigger header images would cause the header to expand. Your style could have a css- oder html-based restriction in image size. So, why not try it out?

Regards,
Bálint

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”