[ADB] Social Networking Site Buttons 2.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
oxfordsi

Re: [RC2] Social Networking Site Buttons 2.0.0

Post by oxfordsi »

Hey,

great MOD, and easy to follow the instructions so thank you!

Quick question though... Within the UCP a user can only input 14 characters into the twitter profile field. Any idea what's going on?

Simon :D
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

oxfordsi wrote:Hey,

Quick question though... Within the UCP a user can only input 14 characters into the twitter profile field. Any idea what's going on?

Thats because Twitter only allows 14 character names as far as I know. Just put your twitter usr name, Not the whole URL. :)
KellyBean

Post by KellyBean »

Hippie459MN wrote:
oxfordsi wrote:Hey,

Thats because Twitter only allows 14 character names as far as I know. Just put your twitter usr name, Not the whole URL. :)
Exactly. :D
My Forum | My Design/How-to Site
Need help MODing or customizing your site? I can do it for a very reasonable fee. Contact me!

oxfordsi

Post by oxfordsi »

I dont have a twitter account but i'll be sure to let my users know it's not the entire URL, thank you!
:D
raybeam

Post by raybeam »

So I managed to open the .xml file, thanks..

Now, I use the the AcidTech Tiger style on my forum. Is there some chance I can change this modification to work with that style?
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

Looks like that style is subsilver2 based but KellyBean has not provided subsilver2 template file modifications just yet.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
vellatechie

Post by vellatechie »

This mod is awesome.. Thanks a million :mrgreen:
KellyBean

Post by KellyBean »

DavidIQ wrote:Looks like that style is subsilver2 based but KellyBean has not provided subsilver2 template file modifications just yet.
I had a super busy week, but I'll try to get to the Subsilver2 part of it this weekend or early next week. :D
vellatechie wrote:This mod is awesome.. Thanks a million :mrgreen:
Glad you like it! :D
Need help MODing or customizing your site? I can do it for a very reasonable fee. Contact me!

vellatechie

Post by vellatechie »

Ohh btw can you add ORKUT as well with other social networking buttons (I know mod is RC now and its highly unlikely that youll make any major changes :? ).. or can you just make Orkut Button for me ?? Ill add it myself on my site since 90% of members in my forum ar eon orkut.. Thanks :)
raybeam

Post by raybeam »

OK, I'm awaiting the subsilver2 update then, good luck.
zake black

Post by zake black »

Kelly,

End of the month and as promised donation made.

Thanks again

Andy
KellyBean

Post by KellyBean »

Thanks Andy!! Like I said, unnecessary... but appreciated. :P

I'll be making some changes/fixing some things in the coming week getting it ready for RC2. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Hopefully I'll have time to do the Subsilver2 changes as well. I've been really busy. ;)

vellatechie

Post by vellatechie »

KellyBean wrote:I'll be making some changes/fixing some things in the coming week getting it ready for RC2. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
vellatechie wrote:Ohh btw can you add ORKUT as well with other social networking buttons (I know mod is RC now and its highly unlikely that youll make any major changes :? ).. or can you just make Orkut Button for me ?? Ill add it myself on my site since 90% of members in my forum ar eon orkut.. Thanks :)
KellyBean

Post by KellyBean »

vellatechie wrote:
KellyBean wrote:I'll be making some changes/fixing some things in the coming week getting it ready for RC2. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
vellatechie wrote:Ohh btw can you add ORKUT as well with other social networking buttons (I know mod is RC now and its highly unlikely that youll make any major changes :? ).. or can you just make Orkut Button for me ?? Ill add it myself on my site since 90% of members in my forum ar eon orkut.. Thanks :)
I'll see what I can do. ;) I have a super-busy Religious Holiday weekend coming up, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get around to it until Monday... I'll try though. Image

K2

Post by K2 »

Nice mod, great work KellyBean.

So, I saw the thing about Twitter where you ONLY put in the id name, not the entire URL. Is that the same for myspace and bebo as well? I ask because I am seeing the same behavior for those two as well as twitter (putting in the entire link outputs http://www.myspace.com/http://yourlinks ... d_so_forth).

All that being said, I have a suggestion for the next version - in the UCP/ACP, add a note next to each title stating if the user needs to input the entire link, partial link, or just the username/id. A couple of my users have already gotten confused ;)

Thx and keep up the great work.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”