[ADB] Social Networking Site Buttons 2.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
bbrian017

Re: [RC3] Social Networking Site Buttons 2.0.1

Post by bbrian017 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:25 am

Could you add an image for BlogEngage?

http://www.blogengage.com/

Please and thanks :D

barbarella2001

Post by barbarella2001 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:45 am

I found a small error in the contrib install file:

Open: includes/functions_user.php

Code: Select all

'user_bebo'			=> (isset($user_row['user_bebo'])) ? $user_row['user_bebo'] : '',
		'user_blogger'			=> (isset($user_row['user_blogger'])) ? $user_row['user_blogger'] : '',
		'user_facebook'			=> (isset($user_row['user_facebook'])) ? $user_row['user_facebook'] : '',
		'user_goodreads'		=> (isset($user_row['user_goodreads'])) ? $user_row['user_goodreads'] : '',
		'user_linkedin'			=> (isset($user_row['user_linkedin'])) ? $user_row['user_linkedin'] : '',
		'user_myspace'			=> (isset($user_row['user_myspace'])) ? $user_row['user_myspace'] : '',
		'user_netlog'			=> (isset($user_row['user_netlog'])) ? $user_row['user_netlog'] : '',
		'user_netlog'			=> (isset($user_row['user_netlog'])) ? $user_row['user_netlog'] : '',
The last line should of course be:

'user_twitter'			=> (isset($user_row['user_twitter'])) ? $user_row['user_twitter'] : '',
I only noticed it because I was copying the last line (which was Twitter) to add another social network site.

Thanks for this great mod!

_mayhem_
Name: Unsal ASLANBAS

Post by _mayhem_ » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:04 pm

CAONTRİB ADD...

2.0.0 to 2.0.1 update install.xml

pls add...
http://uabnet.com ==)) Turkish Board.

Hangman1

Post by Hangman1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:41 pm

First great mod and well done to the auther, i got it to work first time but I want to add my own link to our steam profiles.
I basicly copied everything and just changed the coding to show steam but on entering our details in the UCP I get the confirmation that its been accepted but on returning to the UCP the information is gone.
Can anyone help please?

Jaymie1989
Name: Jaymie

Post by Jaymie1989 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:21 am

Hi,

Im Jaymie1989, I am co-authoring this MOD along with Kelly Bean. We know that there have been bugs found and they have been reported and we have fixed those for you.

The new release of which will be version 2.0.2 and will be available tomorrow afternoon GMT time. I will inform you on what files you need to update to make sure you have the latest version installed.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me at anytime via. PM or Email.

@ Hangman1 - Have you also added your SQL for your new field? If so please could you either PM me or post the changes you have done to add your own and I will look into whats wrong for you.

:)
Dear creators of Sesame Street,
Kids are still fat. Can I come back now?
Sincerely, Cookie Monster.

View my MODs - Need phpBB help with MODs and Styles? Take a look at my phpBB3 services

cisco007
Translator

Post by cisco007 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 am

hey jaymie, has there been any though of putting maybe like some twitter feeds or facebook feeds when viewing a members profile? that would be great!

Hangman1

Post by Hangman1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Hi Jaymie1989,
Thank you for responding.
The mod works as expected, Iv tried to add a Steam icon by just copying the existing code for Bebo and where required iv changed bebo for steamid, this includes the sql.

Yours
ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_bebo VARCHAR(255) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '';

Mine
ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_steamid VARCHAR(255) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '';

Iv done the exact same thing with the rest of the code edits, now I know this is working as when I view the Prosilver theme I can see the icon under my name which is where I would expect it to be, on checking the UCP i still cant see the information I add form my steam account.

Jaymie1989

Post by Jaymie1989 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:21 pm

cisco007 wrote:hey jaymie, has there been any though of putting maybe like some twitter feeds or facebook feeds when viewing a members profile? that would be great!
Hey Cisco, Im not to sure what your asking for.

@ Hangman1 - Could you please provide me a link to your board along with a test account that I can use

View my MODs - Need phpBB help with MODs and Styles? Take a look at my phpBB3 services

cisco007
Translator

Post by cisco007 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:28 pm

something like this showing in the members profiles!

Jaymie1989

Post by Jaymie1989 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:34 pm

Ok, I know what you mean now.

Right now I am just completing the MOD that Kelly started. We would like to complete these first.
I will then be looking into further adding more to this MOD through Addons which would involve what your after, Not just Twitter but other Social Networking sites as well to go with this MOD.

As of now there are only ideas no road map (as of yet)

cisco007
Translator

Post by cisco007 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:23 pm

great to hear that you will think about it! I know addons would be a great addition to this mod!

Hangman1

Post by Hangman1 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:35 am

Jaymie1989 wrote:
cisco007 wrote:hey jaymie, has there been any though of putting maybe like some twitter feeds or facebook feeds when viewing a members profile? that would be great!
Hey Cisco, Im not to sure what your asking for.

@ Hangman1 - Could you please provide me a link to your board along with a test account that I can use
See pm for details :D

potku

Post by potku » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:06 pm

Ver nice MOD! 8-)

One miniscule question: why am I getting this?

NetLog :

Twitter:
There is a space between Netlog and : but Twitter is correct. I know, it's a small thing... :D But I would like to have all those fields in line with each other. Twitter is the only that's correct, all the rest related to this MOD have that extra space. It's like that in the ACP, too, but I don't care about that, just the profile page where each user can update his or her information.

Thanks!
Potku.net

"Before I speak, I have something important to say."

- Groucho Marx

Jaymie1989

Post by Jaymie1989 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:38 pm

It should show the explain part under each titles so your users know how to insert the link/url for that social site.

potku

Post by potku » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:45 pm

Yes, of course. Sorry, I wasn't clear in my explanation. Maybe from this picture you can see how the default profile fields and the Twitter field are identical, but the fields Bebo through NetLog are different. How? Those fields have an extra spacebar hit. I would like to correct that.

Potku.net

"Before I speak, I have something important to say."

- Groucho Marx

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”