[ADB] Social Networking Site Buttons 2.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
mtrs

Re: [BETA] Social Networking Site Buttons 0.2.1

Post by mtrs »

KellyBean wrote:Thanks! :D Any input is definitely appreciated!
PM sent about this.
I abandoned all of my mods.
the.ronin

Post by the.ronin »

Thanks for writing this mod - works great!

Any way to have the window open _self as opposed to opening a new window?
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

Actually...that's what it SHOULD be.

KellyBean: the "target" attribute for the <a> tag is depreciated and not valid XHTML 1.0 Strict (phpBB3's default). You'll need to remove it entirely from memberlist_view.html and viewtopic_body.html.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
KellyBean

Post by KellyBean »

Okay, will do! Thanks! I'm pouring over the code this weekend trying to get it ready to submit to the MOD database, so any advice like that is greatly appreciated!
My Forum | My Design/How-to Site
Need help MODing or customizing your site? I can do it for a very reasonable fee. Contact me!

adcantu

Post by adcantu »

Everything looks great! Youve done some great work here! I am having a problem though, I am unable to get the images to show on the viewtopic page. Ive refreshed the imageset, even gone through each item to ensure the settings are there. But still not able to see them. Any ideas?
KellyBean

Post by KellyBean »

Did you check all your edits to the theme: buttons.css and colours.css? If you hover your mouse over where the buttons are supposed to be, what happens?
Need help MODing or customizing your site? I can do it for a very reasonable fee. Contact me!

adcantu

Post by adcantu »

I went over all of the edits throughout the mod. I can check again. I also verified that the code changes were made to the css files, and that they were actually reflected in the stylesheet.css .

for testing purposes, at the begining of the ul I added (in addition to the actual edits listed from the mod) to the viewtopic

Code: Select all

<!-- IF postrow.U_FACEBOOK --><li class="facebook-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_FACEBOOK}" target="_blank" title="{L_FACEBOOK}"><span>{L_FACEBOOK}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
I added my facebook link on my profile for quick testing. On the profile page it shows the facebook link, and it works properly. Nothing appeared on the viewtopic page.

I then did the following

Code: Select all

<li class="pm-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_FACEBOOK}" target="_blank" title="{L_FACEBOOK}"><span>{L_FACEBOOK}</span></a></li>
<li class="pm-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_PM}" title="{L_PRIVATE_MESSAGE}"><span>{L_PRIVATE_MESSAGE}</span></a></li>
Note I changed the li class for the facebook item. It now displays the icon with the link working correctly, of course using the PM image. So I am thinking this is a css issue. Ill look around a bit more at my css edits and see where I went wrong.
adcantu

Post by adcantu »

Ok I finally got it working. After my fourth check of the css files, I somehow had a typo in the img src definitions. Dont know how that happened but there was a stray space in the code that shouldn't have been there, breaking the image links.

Looks great now, thanks for the help.
adcantu

Post by adcantu »

Suggestion:

Perhaps on the profile edit page, have a list of the different items, with check boxes (or radio buttons) that you can select which types you use, then javascript opens up those fields to edit.

I dont know if this might be too much work on the user, to have to select then edit, but it may be an option to look into. It feels like the profile edit page is cluttered with options now. Im actually working on adding much more to the profile, and having collapsible items is something I will probably implement.

Just an idea, but it does look great and function perfectly as it is.
adcantu

Post by adcantu »

also, the buttons do not appear on the private messages pages. Just an fyi :D
KellyBean

Post by KellyBean »

adcantu wrote:also, the buttons do not appear on the private messages pages. Just an fyi :D
That'll be included in the next release! :)

KellyBean

Re: [RC] Social Networking Site Buttons 1.0.0

Post by KellyBean »

Updated first post with new download link. I fixed/removed the "target" attribute from viewtopic_body and memberlist_view, and added the buttons to ucp_pm_viewmessage.

I'm going to be submitting this to the MOD database later today! Wish me luck! :lol:

adcantu

Post by adcantu »

great! good luck!
Snorlaxative

Post by Snorlaxative »

Good luck! :mrgreen:
Jemme

Re: [BETA] Social Networking Site Buttons

Post by Jemme »

KellyBean wrote:Here are the buttons:

I'll add them to the MOD later tonight. :D

Jemme (or anyone who knows), can you give me an example url of each profile? I don't have a LinkedIn or a NetLog account. Thanks! :)
Thanks a lot for adding these 2. I have made the edits and can now enter the linkedin and netlog accounts, however I'm not seeing the icons appear. Not sure what have gone wrong as it's working for the others.
Any ideas?

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”