[RC] Country Flag User Edition

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
oddfish

Re: [Beta] Country Flag User Edition

Post by oddfish » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:46 pm

Admittedly, not the clearest of logic but workable.

A rewrite of the cf_install.php will probably include the module installs as well, when time permits, to push this MOD into the next phase. When, is proportional to both my and Gremlinn's work load which does not appear to be easing in this global glyth.

cheers,
oddfish.
Country Flag User Edition Clickable Post Count Link

... another record broken without breaking any records ...
Testing phpBB3.1 dark style based on prosilver ... http://www.oddmods.net

satandream

Post by satandream » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:55 pm

All went nice on install, but i cant see the flag in viewtopic.php and i have edit the file

Is there template files i have missed?

bada-bing!

Post by bada-bing! » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:56 pm

Dream, make sure that you have made the edits to the correct files and template you are using. Also go into your ACP and purge you board cache.

You should them be able to log into your account and see the (select your country flag option. Once you select your flag click submit and you should them be able to see the flag in your viewtopics.

Hope this helps.

satandream

Post by satandream » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:03 pm

oki but i can see the flags in memberlist.php but not in viewtopic.php nor can i set permission to yes.
I have looked for errors in my edits but cant find it so where can i look for wrong edits?

oddfish

Post by oddfish » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:32 am

@ satandream. Purge the cache or delete tpl_subsilver2_viewtopic_body.html from the cache directory. The code looks correct in viewtopic (although not showing in the current display) and if you you can see the flags correctly in the memberlist, then that is what I would do.

satandream

Post by satandream » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:11 am

Case solved thanks for input

bobocop

Post by bobocop » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:30 am

I'm stuck with 1 edit to the subsilver2

It says to Find
<td class="cat" colspan="<!-- IF S_IN_SEARCH_POPUP -->9<!-- ELSE -->8<!-- ENDIF -->" align="center"><!-- IF S_IN_SEARCH_POPUP and not S_SELECT_SINGLE --><input class="btnlite" type="submit" value="{L_SELECT_MARKED}" /><!-- ELSE --><span class="gensmall">{L_SELECT_SORT_METHOD}:</span>&nbsp;<select name="sk">{S_MODE_SELECT}</select>&nbsp; <span class="gensmall">{L_ORDER}</span>&nbsp;<select name="sd">{S_ORDER_SELECT}</select>&nbsp; <input type="submit" name="submit" value="{L_SUBMIT}" class="btnlite" /><!-- ENDIF --></td>
and replace with
<td class="cat" colspan="<!-- IF S_IN_SEARCH_POPUP -->10<!-- ELSE -->9<!-- ENDIF -->" align="center"><!-- IF S_IN_SEARCH_POPUP and not S_SELECT_SINGLE --><input class="btnlite" type="submit" value="{L_SELECT_MARKED}" /><!-- ELSE --><span class="gensmall">{L_SELECT_SORT_METHOD}:</span>&nbsp;<select name="sk">{S_MODE_SELECT}</select>&nbsp; <span class="gensmall">{L_ORDER}</span>&nbsp;<select name="sd">{S_ORDER_SELECT}</select>&nbsp; <input type="submit" name="submit" value="{L_SUBMIT}" class="btnlite" /><!-- ENDIF --></td>
I just installed the Cash Mod (before this one) and have already changed the 9 to a 10 and the 8 to a 9 in this line
<!-- IF S_IN_SEARCH_POPUP -->9<!-- ELSE -->8<!-- ENDIF -->
So for this installation, should i change it now to an 11 and a 10 ?
or can i just leave it ?

hww

Post by hww » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:49 pm

BUMP

Any help or hints would be appreciated.

The alternative is for me to delete the other countries and include a new "Other" country or "Rest of World" using the UN flag or something :?
Sorry for my English, but I am Australian. Forgive me please.

bobocop

Post by bobocop » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:58 am

I'm getting this error on registration

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'group_flag' in 'field list' [1054]
Anyone know why ?

Or can someone tell me how to remove this from the database.?
it won't even let me disable it in the acp.

DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Post by DragonMaster1 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:45 am

Try 1st removing the edits from the files and then it might at least allow the board to work

To uninstall from the database is too complex for me to tell someone if they don’t know how to use the MySQL tables. You really need an uninstall file to use.

But removing the edits is where to start

bobocop

Post by bobocop » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am

DragonMaster1 wrote:Try 1st removing the edits from the files and then it might at least allow the board to work

To uninstall from the database is too complex for me to tell someone if they don’t know how to use the MySQL tables. You really need an uninstall file to use.

I removed all the edits, and i've been going through the database removing everything that i can find that has to do with flags.
I deleted tables under, pphbb_config, phpbb_modules and the phpbb_flags, i have cleared the cache, and i still get that error when trying to register :evil:
The board still works, but you can't register.

the problem is that i installed this mod yesterday, and it seemed to work (i didn't think to see if it worked on registering) so today i made a different database backup to install Anti Bot Question mod and deleted yesterdays backup.

I have no idea what other tables this mod made in the database, and it's driving me nuts.

platinum_2007

Post by platinum_2007 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:27 pm

bobocop wrote:
DragonMaster1 wrote:Try 1st removing the edits from the files and then it might at least allow the board to work

I removed all the edits, and i've been going through the database removing everything that i can find that has to do with flags.
I deleted tables under, pphbb_config, phpbb_modules and the phpbb_flags, i have cleared the cache, and i still get that error when trying to register :evil:
The board still works, but you can't register.

the problem is that i installed this mod yesterday, and it seemed to work (i didn't think to see if it worked on registering) so today i made a different database backup to install Anti Bot Question mod and deleted yesterdays backup.

I have no idea what other tables this mod made in the database, and it's driving me nuts.
remove the edits from includes/ucp/ucp_register.php

oddfish

Post by oddfish » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:18 pm

@bobocop

You should have installed this MOD which does not install group flags. ;)

Download from the first post, extract and have a look in the contrib/group removal folder.

@hww

A good question. Feel free to adjust as required.

cheers,
oddfish.

bobocop

Post by bobocop » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:59 pm

platinum_2007 wrote:
remove the edits from includes/ucp/ucp_register.php
I had already removed every edit i made, but just doing that and deleting the database tables does not work. (see below)

oddfish wrote:@bobocop

You should have installed this MOD which does not install group flags. ;)

Download from the first post, extract and have a look in the contrib/group removal folder.
Hmmmm, that did the trick :D
The install script wrote to 3 files, that are not in the edits, i followed the instructions in the contrib/group removal folder (it shows you how to remove the install script edits) and the problem is solved.

I will try to install this one, (on a test forum this time :D ) I think it will work.

Thanks guys/gals for your help

Jaymie1989
Name: Jaymie

Post by Jaymie1989 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:53 pm

First Great MOD

Second im in need of some help. When i select my country in the UCP it shows the flag, When i click submit is says
The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Its the same for every flag i submit
Dear creators of Sesame Street,
Kids are still fat. Can I come back now?
Sincerely, Cookie Monster.

View my MODs - Need phpBB help with MODs and Styles? Take a look at my phpBB3 services

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”