[ABD] Simple Topic Calendar v0.0.3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
danopia
Name: Daniel Lamando

[ABD] Simple Topic Calendar v0.0.3

Post by danopia » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:43 pm

Modification Name: Simple Topic Calendar
Author: danopia
Co-author: allingeneral.com

Modification Description: This MOD adds a calendar to the phpBB3 board that reads dates from special "event" topics. It is called "simple" because you simply set a forum to containing events, and any user who can start a new topic there can create an event. All events are all-day with no times, but a range may be set (such as a week-long event that will show on every day).
Modification Version: 0.0.3 [alpha]

Features:
  • Month view of the calendar with list of events in that month below.
  • Basic "recurring events" can be added by setting -- for the month or year, using the -- as a wildcard.
  • Different formatting for days such as weekends.
  • Events link to the topic that they were created with, so users can post replys.
Screenshots: Coming soon once I finish setting up my new style code.

Modification Download: http://github.com/danopia/simplecalendar/zipball/0.0.3 - ~4 KiB zipball (tarball)

This MOD's source is controlled with GitHub
You can browse the very latest version of the code at simplecalendar's GitHub project and you can download the latest zipball of the source at http://github.com/danopia/simplecalendar/zipball/master. GitHub may contain the latest features, but also may have some bugs. If you are running a production-level site, you may want to stick to the releases above.

Todo:
  • Add a week view, possibly to the board index
  • Make the pagers for months disappear when they won't go any farther, and possibly increase the span.
  • Add icons for events? Maybe just add the Topic Icons feature to the calendar.
  • Allow users to pick forums that their calendar will show by default.
  • Better recurring event support.
Last edited by danopia on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Hackers are not criminals. Hackers are the only people out there to keep crackers and virus coders on the run. Hackers are misconstrued by the media, but in reality, they do not cause damage or steal. Hackers tell system administrators of the faults of their software, and keep the Internet safe from those who don't.

phpBB3 MODs: Simple Topic Calendar

Sunka

Re: [DEV] Simple Topic Calendar

Post by Sunka » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:14 pm

I am very interesting for such of MOD....

danopia

Post by danopia » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:19 pm

What happened was I just wanted a simple calendar, unlike the other one that's flying around which seems a lot more complex. This one is great for just plotting dates that are associated with topics, since each event needs to have a topic in order to exist. Users can then comment on each event via the topic, and maybe it'll list the # of replies in the event list too.
Hackers are not criminals. Hackers are the only people out there to keep crackers and virus coders on the run. Hackers are misconstrued by the media, but in reality, they do not cause damage or steal. Hackers tell system administrators of the faults of their software, and keep the Internet safe from those who don't.

Diet Ebola Cola

Post by Diet Ebola Cola » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:47 pm

This looks really cool.. thanks for starting this up..

My particular forum i'm working on is for special interest groups both general and statewide.. and i have different sub forums for different regions or counties.. so it would be nice to have event calendars listed for each region in their appropriate regional forum..

A customizable posting form would be ideal to format the events would be ideal, too..
Diet Ebola Cola

danopia

Post by danopia » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:30 pm

Well, I was planning to only have dates but I could also add a time system.

Also, sure you could have it go off a certain forum, first I would have to code this though. I should be able to have it be, like, show all events OR show from a certain forum.

I would need to make up a feature list. However, my goal is not to have every option like the other calendar MOD. This one is designed to be linked to topics and should be topic-based, not with separate attendance lists, recurrence, etc. (but there might be recurrence for holidays).

updown

Post by updown » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:34 pm

nice idea!!

Do you also intend to support several days per topic? I'm hosting a board with exhibitions that take place for several weeks or on several special-dates...

danopia

Post by danopia » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:55 pm

Actually, yes. Note how my test board (if you can get to it, my DSL is really stupid) has 6 days of "No School". I was planning on having a range for events. Note that none of the integration with topics has been done yet. :)

I finished the MODX file to the current form and will tar up a archive with version 0.0.1 so someone can tell me if it works as-is.

When I am done, I am actually going to MOD it so that you view events only from some forums you set up in your profile, so you would only see events that relate to you. I might add this to the finished MOD too, if there is demand. I'm using it for homework assignments and events, as you can see on my testboard.

zkaraca

Post by zkaraca » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:43 pm

This seems like a great mod. Can't wait to test it out. Thanks.
Asira.nl * Zeki.nl Just having some fun!

danopia

Post by danopia » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:03 am

You can see a sample of the calendar itself at http://buenaregional.co.cc/viewcalendar.php. You'll notice it handles BBCode. I'm gonig to add more events to it so you can see how they show, and I might add comments as replies ("View comments (3)" "View topic").

If someone wants to try installing as-is (I'll try to put up viewcalendar.phps) and see if you can get it working, it would be appreciated.
Last edited by danopia on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zkaraca

Post by zkaraca » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:43 pm

Any progress on this? Links are still not working.
Asira.nl * Zeki.nl Just having some fun!

danopia

Post by danopia » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:57 pm

They aren't? My server is up!

I'll upload ASAP. (/me opens filezilla)

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:25 pm

very nice idea, thx for it :D
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:24 am

Great idea, good concept. Seems like something I would use. The one alightner is working on is getting a little large for my use. The only thing I need, (and others also) is reoccuring events. Thanks for taking on this project!
Grace--Getting what I don't deserve
Mercy--Not getting what I do deserve

danopia

Post by danopia » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:43 pm

I *FINALLY* managed to zip up my thing and get decent hosting.

Check the first post for links. Please try installing this on a test board, especially the subsilver2 since it is just prosilver's edits with a changed name.

Fisch.666

Re: [ALPHA] Simple Topic Calendar

Post by Fisch.666 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi!

Thanks for this hack, works without a problem! :D

You can use this edit to add the calender options to the posting window in the subsilver2 style:

Search in posting_body.html:

Code: Select all

<tr>
	<td class="row1" width="22%"><b class="genmed">{L_SUBJECT}:</b></td>
add before:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_SHOW_DATE_SELECTERS -->
<tr>
	<td class="row1" width="22%"><b class="genmed">{L_EVENT_START}:</b><br />{L_EVENT_START_DESC}</td>
	<td class="row2" width="78%">&nbsp;<label for="event_start_day">{L_DAY}: <select name="event_start_day" id="event_start_day">{S_START_DAY_OPTIONS}</select></label> 
			<label for="event_start_month">{L_MONTH}: <select name="event_start_month" id="event_start_month">{S_START_MONTH_OPTIONS}</select></label> 
			<label for="event_start_year">{L_YEAR}: <select name="event_start_year" id="event_start_year">{S_START_YEAR_OPTIONS}</select></label></td>
</tr>

<td class="row1" width="22%"><b class="genmed">{L_EVENT_END}:</b><br />{L_EVENT_END_DESC}</td>
	<td class="row2" width="78%">&nbsp;<label for="event_end_day">{L_DAY}: <select name="event_end_day" id="event_end_day">{S_END_DAY_OPTIONS}</select></label> 
			<label for="event_end_month">{L_MONTH}: <select name="event_end_month" id="event_end_month">{S_END_MONTH_OPTIONS}</select></label> 
			<label for="event_end_year">{L_YEAR}: <select name="event_end_year" id="event_end_year">{S_END_YEAR_OPTIONS}</select></label></td>
</tr>
	<!-- ENDIF -->

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”