Modification Description: This MOD adds a calendar to the phpBB3 board that reads dates from special "event" topics. It is called "simple" because you simply set a forum to containing events, and any user who can start a new topic there can create an event. All events are all-day with no times, but a range may be set (such as a week-long event that will show on every day).
Modification Version: 0.0.3 [alpha]
- Month view of the calendar with list of events in that month below.
- Basic "recurring events" can be added by setting -- for the month or year, using the -- as a wildcard.
- Different formatting for days such as weekends.
- Events link to the topic that they were created with, so users can post replys.
Modification Download: http://github.com/danopia/simplecalendar/zipball/0.0.3 - ~4 KiB zipball (tarball)
This MOD's source is controlled with GitHub
You can browse the very latest version of the code at simplecalendar's GitHub project and you can download the latest zipball of the source at http://github.com/danopia/simplecalendar/zipball/master. GitHub may contain the latest features, but also may have some bugs. If you are running a production-level site, you may want to stick to the releases above.
- Add a week view, possibly to the board index
- Make the pagers for months disappear when they won't go any farther, and possibly increase the span.
- Add icons for events? Maybe just add the Topic Icons feature to the calendar.
- Allow users to pick forums that their calendar will show by default.
- Better recurring event support.