[RC] Snow all over phpBB 1.0.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
X-Bumble

Re: [RC] Snow all over phpBB 1.0.0

Post by X-Bumble »

Managed to fix it :D

I had to flush the theme cache as well as the template cache.

Cheers to all for the help and suggestions.
JasonWade

Post by JasonWade »

Great mod, my members like it too BUT it is giving me (and some members) trouble to enter my own forum properly, now first I thought it was a thing of my site (before I realized it was the mod) so I contacted my host & they checked some things out & emailed me:
If this doesn't stop for you soon - you may want to look into what iscausing the javascript error. I checked by IE error messages and foundthis in my error list: Error: 'opener.document' is null or not an object
Do you know what this could be and how I could fix it apart from totally removing the snow?
JasonWade

Post by JasonWade »

Just kicking this up ;)
Tophon

Post by Tophon »

I have not heard of this before, but the only way to know if it is that, try removing it or using This Version.
JasonWade

Post by JasonWade »

I am/was using that version (what other version is there?)

And I uninstalled it on most templates & they work perfect again so the error is 100% this mod, but I really like it so I would like it to work though...
Tophon

Post by Tophon »

There are two snow effects, one is the thread you are posting in and the other is the link I added above.
JasonWade

Post by JasonWade »

ooohwww woops sorry didn't realize it was another topic, I'll go give that a try, thanks
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

very nice mod :D

just one question. does this mod pull info from anywhere other than the site it's installed on? like a script from another server?

the reason i'm asking is a few members that use IE7 were reporting that they could not log into my site after i installed this mod. i use firefox and never noticed this issue. tried to log in using IE7 and it said that it couldn't find my site. then i logged back in using FF and the site displayed fine, but now with no snow :roll:

i took the template edit out and now all my IE users can log in again. i e-mailed my host(icdsoft.com) and they said everything was fine on their end.
Wookie1664

Post by Wookie1664 »

snowstorm.js included with this mod is four years old now...a more upto date version can be found here http://www.schillmania.com/projects/snowstorm/.. 2008 version, just replace this version with your old one, you might need to edit the file path in snowstorm.js
From

Code: Select all

var imagePath = 'image/snow/
To

Code: Select all

var imagePath = 'images/snow/
But otherwise your good to go and at least login via IE7 is now possible although I think it still slows down IE7 users.

I'm not connected with either the original snowstorm javescript maker, nor the maker of this "mod", I just found it last night whilst searching for a working replacement.

Wookie

[Edit} Forgot to mention it has a few added features too..followmouse is one..making the snow directional.
Tophon

Re: [RC] Snow all over phpBB 1.0.1

Post by Tophon »

Updated download on first topic.

Use this newer version.
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

the issues with IE on my site are now gone with the newer js file :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
JirkaX

Post by JirkaX »

can be deleted
Last edited by JirkaX on Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ttuu

Post by ttuu »

little adds for Snow BBcode:
see in this post:
http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/snow-bbcode-t1282.html

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”