Complements phpBB3's current banning system by checking a users username/email/ip against the StopForumSpam.com listing using its API. It will automatically ban current users and prevent registration.
Modification Version: 0.1
Requirements: phpBB 3.0.x
- Can ban and prevent forum registration based on users IP, email, or username and enforce a ban on already registered users (each check is optional).
- Can set your own tolerance (i.e. only ban username if it's been reported on StopForumSpam.com 5 or more times)
- Can set your own ban end (i.e. allow an IP if it hasn't been reported for more than 10 days).
- Logs identified spammers so you can track how well the system is working
Sorry, I've never written a mod for distribution, and the system seems to complicated to be make the effort at this very moment. In any case, if you don't know how to follow what I write here then you shouldn't be using it anyway.
- Extract the files into a folder on your host.
- Open /includes/session.php
- In the function check_ban() find $db->sql_freeresult($result); (should be line 1117)
- AFTER that line include stopforumspam-ban.php. For example:
Code: Select all
- Open /includes/functions_user.php
- At the end of the validate_username function, before "return false" (should be line 1483) insert:
Make sure you get the path correct for your system.
Code: Select all
$sfsReturn = include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/mods/stopforumspam-disallow.php'); if ($sfsReturn !== TRUE) return $sfsReturn;
stopforumspam-disallow.php is not working.
You can customise the checks by editing the files. In stopforumspam-ban.php you can delete an entire array item from $banTriggers to not perform that check.
Log is created in the store/ folder. You can set the log details in each of the files.
Modification Download: http://www.microugly.com/phpbb-mods/sto ... m-dev1.zip