[BETA] Smiley Popup Pagination 0.0.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Afkamm

[BETA] Smiley Popup Pagination 0.0.2

Post by Afkamm »

Modification Name: Smiley Popup Pagination
Author: Afkamm

Modification Description: Set how many smilies you want to be shown at one time on the popup smiley window with links to the other pages. Two other small features allow you to limit the smilies that are inlined and also to randomise them.
Modification Version: 0.0.2

Screenshots: Click here to view screenshot.

Modification Download: Click to Download.

Edit:
29/01/09 - v0.0.1
Seems to be a problem with uninstalling (reversing) the inline-find in my install. Removed the download link for now. A temp fix to get past ChriZathens' problem, just have more smilies set to be 'display on the posting page' than the 'Inline smilies displayed' value. :)

24/06/09 - v0.0.2
Here's v0.0.2 :)
Last edited by Afkamm on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Marc :)
CarolC1

Re: [BETA] Smiley Popup Pagination 0.0.1

Post by CarolC1 »

Downloaded it. Installed it. LOVE IT!!!
We have had such a problem with smilies. We have too many of them and the smilies screen takes too long to load. This is going to solve the problem. I have it on a small test board right now and will see if some of our moderators will experiment with it. Will install it on a bigger, slower test board in the next couple of days. 6 per page is about right, the pages load really fast.
This is a winner!
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens »

Hi, there, Afkamm!
Nice and very useful mod, I love it!
however, I have a small problem: I want to set "Inline smilies displayed:" to 25, but if I set it higher than 24 it will hide the "View more smilies" link.
Any ideas???
Thanks!
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...
Afkamm

Post by Afkamm »

CarolC1, glad you like it. :)
ChriZathens wrote:I have a small problem: I want to set "Inline smilies displayed:" to 25, but if I set it higher than 24 it will hide the "View more smilies" link.
Hmm yes, well spotted, that is indeed a bug. Making a fix as I type. :)
Afkamm

Post by Afkamm »

I've got the next release ready, but when I went to uninstall the Mod, the inline-find reversal failed for some reason, meaning the Mod doesn't uninstall. :( Currently looking for answers. :)

I've removed the inline-find from the next release as it was only for the 2nd style template. :mrgreen:
mykee

Post by mykee »

Any news or newer version have? :roll:
CarolC1

Post by CarolC1 »

I'm still following this, too. Still interested. :)
Afkamm

Re: [BETA] Smiley Popup Pagination 0.0.2

Post by Afkamm »

See the first post for the download link. :)
mykee

Post by mykee »

Great thanks I will try it!!! :D
Anyasha
Name: Anyasha

Post by Anyasha »

It works so far so good for me! :)
Kiss me, I'm Polish!
Edrondol

Post by Edrondol »

I have this installed and changed the number to 10, but it does nothing. I see no difference in either prosilver or subsilver.

Now, I do have the Smilie Creator mod installed. I'm wondering if I have a conflict.

I have installed this twice to be sure I didn't mess anything up in the instructions.
Afkamm

Post by Afkamm »

Edrondol wrote:Now, I do have the Smilie Creator mod installed. I'm wondering if I have a conflict.
Yep, this mod makes changes to the function generate_smilies() in the file includes/functions_posting.php. My mod replaces the whole function, but this wont have happened because the code it looks for wont have been found due to the changes the smilie creator mod made.
Edrondol wrote:I have installed this twice to be sure I didn't mess anything up in the instructions.
If a part of a mod installation isn't carried out, then it will tell you. Green text for good, red text for bad. It's very important that you read this text when installing mods. :)
Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

Now this mod is a feature of the phpBB 3.0.6 no?

Thanks you for actual versions of phpBB.
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD
Afkamm

Post by Afkamm »

Ahri89 wrote:Now this mod is a feature of the phpBB 3.0.6 no?
Yes, you are correct. :) Who knows if I'll get a mention. ;)
Pagination for smilies and icons

We will introduce pagination to the smilies and icons page. We may also add a hard limit to the number of smilies, because too much smilies can consume a lot of resources and makes the board unusable.

http://www.phpbb.com/blog/2009/06/10/phpbb-306-plans
mykee

Post by mykee »

I have problem with this mod and Prime Quick reply... If change to second page or higher, then code will not send to quick reply window, just from first page... :?
Anyone have tip for fix? This question paste to Prime Quick Reply topic too, maybe error there is... :roll:

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”