[RC2] Sig2Bottom 1.0.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
User avatar
iEric
Registered User
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:57 pm
Location: Falköping, Sweden
Contact:

[RC2] Sig2Bottom 1.0.2

Post by iEric »

MOD Title: [RC2] Sig2Bottom 1.0.2
Author: iEric
MOD Description: This will get your signature aligned to bottom in each post or PM.
MOD Version: 1.0.2
phpBB Version: 3.0.4
MOD Download: Sig2Bottom1.0.2RC2.zip [ 125 kb ]
MODX: 1.2.2
Image
Installation Level: ~Easy
Installation Time: ~5-10 Minutes
Edits: CSS and template edits
Category: Add-on, Cosmetic

Prosilver:
subsilver2:


Screenshots
Image

Hope you'll like it. :)

- - -

Updates
Small update: 1.0.0->1.0.0a
When I rewrote the script, I made a small miss. Sorry about that...
In forum_fn.js
Find:

Code: Select all

				var sig = b[z].offsetHeight;
				var cont = document.getElementById('c-'+set);
[/size]Replace-with:

Code: Select all

				var sig = b[z].offsetHeight;z++;
				var cont = document.getElementById('c-'+set);z++;
[/size]

Update: 1.0.0a->1.0.1/1.0.1a
In viewtopic_body.html and ucp_pm_viewmessage.html

Code: Select all

id="c-sig{xxxx}"
is moved to:

Code: Select all

<div class="postbody">
instead of "content". (See Install.xml)
Script is moved to an ext. file.

Update: 1.0.1a->1.0.2
New Subsilver2 included.
Made a few small changes, and updated the ReadMe
Last edited by iEric on Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 11 times in total.
User avatar
parasolx
Registered User
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:52 am
Location: Malaysia
Name: Hadafi

Re: [RC1] Sig2Bottom 1.0.0

Post by parasolx »

i really confuse.. what actually this modx do?

in phpbb3 its already have signature at the bottom of every post/PM.
User avatar
iEric
Registered User
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:57 pm
Location: Falköping, Sweden
Contact:

Re: [RC1] Sig2Bottom 1.0.0a

Post by iEric »

@parasolx
It is below the message, but it's not aligned to bottom. :) Your own post above for example... there's a good inch left before it reach bottom. Compare your post with the 1st post in the sample image.

- - -


1'st post updated
1.0.0 -> 1.0.0a - Made a small change to the script
User avatar
DoYouSpeakWak
Registered User
Posts: 2310
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:32 pm
Location: Island of Wak-Wak
Contact:

Re: [RC1] Sig2Bottom 1.0.0a

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

I love it. This does make a diffrence design wise. But subsilver would be so nice for this as well, i hope there is a way around this.
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid services. 10+ years of experience with phpBB3 and as System Administrator.
User avatar
muggins
Registered User
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Texas
Name: Donovan
Contact:

Re: [RC1] Sig2Bottom 1.0.0a

Post by muggins »

I installed it, and like the idea, but there's a problem.

On my board, I have 'display last edited time information" active, and the signature appears on top of that.

Very ugly.
Muggins
User avatar
iEric
Registered User
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:57 pm
Location: Falköping, Sweden
Contact:

Re: [RC1] Sig2Bottom 1.0.0a

Post by iEric »

Thanks muggins

Hm... I have to look into it.
What I can think of at the moment before having this tested and looked at.

If you move the id-part:

Code: Select all

id="c-sig{postrow.POST_ID}"
From:

Code: Select all

<div id="c-sig{postrow.POST_ID}" class="content">{postrow.MESSAGE}</div>
...and put it in "postbody" instead, like:

Code: Select all

<div id="c-sig{postrow.POST_ID}" class="postbody">
Then the script should set the margin-bottom to that div instead.


Anyway - Thanks for a great spot.:) I'll get back to you when I can.


- - -
DoYouSpeakWak wrote:I love it. This does make a diffrence design wise. But subsilver would be so nice for this as well, i hope there is a way around this.
Hi Mikkel
Thanks. For subsilver2 I don't think you need this one. Subsilver2 is a "table-design". You could take out the signature part and put in a new table, and then "valign" that table to bottom. :) I think there's a post about that somewhere. But I can look at it later.
User avatar
muggins
Registered User
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Texas
Name: Donovan
Contact:

Re: [RC1] Sig2Bottom 1.0.0a

Post by muggins »

iEric, I may be able to test it before you can, but that sounds about right, thanks!
Muggins
User avatar
iEric
Registered User
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:57 pm
Location: Falköping, Sweden
Contact:

Re: [RC1] Sig2Bottom 1.0.0a

Post by iEric »

Great. Appreciate that. I'll sit down with it later tonight. :)
User avatar
muggins
Registered User
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Texas
Name: Donovan
Contact:

Re: [RC1] Sig2Bottom 1.0.0a

Post by muggins »

Thanks!

It works just fine in viewtopic_body, but I did something wrong in ucp_pm_viewmessage that gave me a white page... I just backed that file out to the original, and I will wait for your help there. :oops:

I noticed a typo in the install.xml, too. The directory for the css files is styles/prosilver/theme/ of course, not styles/prosilver/template/. No big deal to correct. :)

Edit: Not your concern, but I am also using RMcGirr83's Topic Text in Mouse Over Mod, and the style of the hover has reverted to the browser default, instead of the semi-transparency that it was before adding this mod. I can't figure out how or why... :?
Muggins
User avatar
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Posts: 21684
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Your display
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: [RC1] Sig2Bottom 1.0.0a

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Few comments, first the edits for ucp_pm_viewmessage.html are incorrect (mod install has a replace with when it should be an after add). Also there is no need for the semi-colon in forum_fn.js that this mod adds. Further, IMHO, the css and js functions should be in their own files and called in overall header as well as stylesheet.css.

Also, this mod will never pass validation because "around line...blah, blah" will not cut it with automod, so instant deny. You need to have better finds than the ones that are being used.

Saying that, I installed it as I think it should be installed on a forum and have no issues with this and my topic text hover mod.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
User avatar
muggins
Registered User
Posts: 1183
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Texas
Name: Donovan
Contact:

Re: [RC1] Sig2Bottom 1.0.0a

Post by muggins »

I'll try it again.

Thanks for the look!
Muggins
User avatar
DoYouSpeakWak
Registered User
Posts: 2310
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:32 pm
Location: Island of Wak-Wak
Contact:

Re: [RC1] Sig2Bottom 1.0.0a

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

iEric wrote: Hi Mikkel
Thanks. For subsilver2 I don't think you need this one. Subsilver2 is a "table-design". You could take out the signature part and put in a new table, and then "valign" that table to bottom. :) I think there's a post about that somewhere. But I can look at it later.
Found something that did the trick for now. http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/bottom-ali ... -t880.html

But a great mod that should be standard on all phpbb3 releases. :)
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid services. 10+ years of experience with phpBB3 and as System Administrator.
User avatar
iEric
Registered User
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:57 pm
Location: Falköping, Sweden
Contact:

Re: [RC1] Sig2Bottom 1.0.1

Post by iEric »

muggins wrote:Thanks!

It works just fine in viewtopic_body, but I did something wrong in ucp_pm_viewmessage that gave me a white page... I just backed that file out to the original, and I will wait for your help there. :oops:

I noticed a typo in the install.xml, too. The directory for the css files is styles/prosilver/theme/ of course, not styles/prosilver/template/. No big deal to correct. :)

Edit: Not your concern, but I am also using RMcGirr83's Topic Text in Mouse Over Mod, and the style of the hover has reverted to the browser default, instead of the semi-transparency that it was before adding this mod. I can't figure out how or why... :?
Great thanks...
Yes, of course it should be "theme" also a RMcGirr sad about "after-add". My apologies, must have been a stressed tired copy/paste-miss by me. I can't see why the semi-transparecy shouldn't work. Hopefully they work now. (see RMcGirrs post)

RMcGirr83 wrote:Few comments, first the edits for ucp_pm_viewmessage.html are incorrect (mod install has a replace with when it should be an after add). Also there is no need for the semi-colon in forum_fn.js that this mod adds. Further, IMHO, the css and js functions should be in their own files and called in overall header as well as stylesheet.css.

Also, this mod will never pass validation because "around line...blah, blah" will not cut it with automod, so instant deny. You need to have better finds than the ones that are being used.

Saying that, I installed it as I think it should be installed on a forum and have no issues with this and my topic text hover mod.
Thanks RMcGirr
That was a great response/feedback. Some changes have been made now. :)
I'd like to get back to you on the other things...


DoYouSpeakWak wrote:But a great mod that should be standard on all phpbb3 releases. :)
Yes, shouldn't all mods be... :P

- - -


First post have been uppdated:
Download and updates
User avatar
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Posts: 21684
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Your display
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: [RC1] Sig2Bottom 1.0.1

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Well, looks like I spoke to soon. :(

have a look

Been playing around with the code for ~ 1 hour and I can't get it to work...or look correct.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
marian0810
Former Team Member
Posts: 3011
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:17 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Marian
Contact:

Re: [RC1] Sig2Bottom 1.0.0a

Post by marian0810 »

DoYouSpeakWak wrote:Found something that did the trick for now. http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/bottom-ali ... -t880.html
Doesn't work in IE though :( I've been looking for a subsilver2 solution for ages now :?
You and me, time and space. You watch us run!
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”