[RC] Thanks for post by Палыч

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Палыч
Name: Сергей

Re: [RC] Thanks for post by Палыч

Post by Палыч »

sandpiper_flyer wrote:Mmmm... possibly add Onclick, css for button, display: none?? then there is no button to click the second time, unless you are very very quick
It will not help :P

Code: Select all

== OPEN ==
includes/functions_thanks.php
== FIND ==

if ($row['poster_id'] != $user_id && $row['poster_id'] == $to_id && !$thanked)
== REPLACE ==

if ($row['poster_id'] != $user_id && $row['poster_id'] == $to_id && !already_thanked($post_id, $user_id))
Sorry for my bad english
sandpiper_flyer

Post by sandpiper_flyer »

Thank you Палыч for the fix. I have another one for you. Each time you add or remove a thanks it increases the number of views count for that topic. Is there a way to stop that from happening?

Also may I suggest using the redirect function instead of the meta_refresh function.
see /includes/functions.php

With a busy slow forum, it is possible the browser can show the intermediate page whilst it's still waiting on a response from the meta-refresh. In that instance it can be mistaken for the given of thanks to have not happened. But then the page refreshes (confusing) and it's all ok. :?

Using the redirect function, this doesn't happen. :D
Палыч

Post by Палыч »

sandpiper_flyer wrote:I suggest using the redirect function instead of the meta_refresh function.
meta_refresh = redirect + adjustable delay time, which is needed to display the information.
I do not think that it has reasonable.
But you can replace the function. It is used three times in functions_thanks.php
Sorry for my bad english
sandpiper_flyer

Post by sandpiper_flyer »

Sorry I forgot to mention, I have commented out the information page. So when a user clicks the thanks button it goes straight to being added. If anyone else does that then you can use the redirect function instead of the meta-refresh and it'll make everything happen a lot smoother.
Палыч

Post by Палыч »

Yes, but pause for information reduces the load on the server ;)
Sorry for my bad english
Палыч

Post by Палыч »

MOD has been approved and released
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1690905

This topic locked.
Sorry for my bad english

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”