[MOD-DB] phpBB Statistics v1.0.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
unknown2

Re: [RC] phpBB Statistics v1.0.0

Post by unknown2 »

So the steps that i should take are:
1. Copy the root files of the ZIP to the locations of my forum
2. Run the install
3. Do that 2 edits that u mentioned

am i right ?
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Post by Marc »

Pretty much.
But I would do it in this order:
1. Copy the root files of the ZIP to the locations of your forum
2. Do the edits as stated in the install.xml
3. Do the 2 edits I mentioned
4. Run the installer
5. Refresh your board cache, template cache, and theme cache

P.S: If you downloaded the 1.0.0 package before my post, please re-download it. I had an old file in the package. :oops:
unknown2

Post by unknown2 »

in the 1st item: "1. Copy the root files of the ZIP to the locations of your forum"
Already copy all the files, except the ones in the styles folder. Should i copy the files from subsilver2 folder to my black pearl folder ??

Best regards
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

Yes, you should do that.

BTW, there was another small package update. Just replace the old includes/acp/acp_stats.php, language/en/mods/lang_stats_acp.php, and the install files with the files in the updated package. I somehow still had some old files in the package, but now it should be fixed. :?
unknown2

Post by unknown2 »

Where is the link of the update package?
U use this mod on your forum right ? Is it running ok ?

If i want to uninstall the mod, is that possible in a easy way ?
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

Just click on the link in the first post.
Yes, I am using the MOD in my forum. I didn't experience any bugs with the newest version. I just mixed up some old and new files in the uploaded package. Since I changed a lot of functions in the newest version, the old files cause some errors. Just replace the uploaded files with the ones of the updated package.

There is an uninstall option in the installer, that will remove the modules and database changes of phpBB Statistics. For the file edits, you would just have to undo the edits.
unknown2

Post by unknown2 »

marc1706 wrote:Pretty much.
But I would do it in this order:
1. Copy the root files of the ZIP to the locations of your forum
1.1 - redownload the package and replace the 2 files that u mentioned
2. Do the edits as stated in the install.xml
3. Do the 2 edits I mentioned
After this my forum was not openning.
I decided to insert the backup files (glad i allways do that), and stop trying to install this mod.
Tks anyway for your support
unknown2

Post by unknown2 »

. delete this post pls
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

It does not help much if you tell me that your forum was not opening. If you were getting a blank page, you either did not edit the language files correclty or didn't save them as UTF-8 without BOM.
yais

Post by yais »

Nice mod. A couple of questions:

1. Could you try reducing the number of edits for the mod. Having lots of core changes makes it harder to update the board.
2. Could you add an option so the statistics could only be viewed by admins or people with mod powers.
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

1. I'm sorry, but I don't think that there are any edits that can be removed without loosing features of the MOD. When you update your board using the automatic update package, you can merge files and therefore don't loose the edits.
2. You can allow and disallow groups in the ACP.
stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

Hello

I just installed the newest version and have a couple of problems

Top 10 attachments:
http://easycaptures.com/0332039172
Same name?

Basic statistics -> Miscalaneous Statisics:
Time : 95.065s | 17 Queries | GZIP : Off
I am running a fast Quad Core server with 6 GB ram and x-cache installed.

Forum statistics -> Topics Statistics
I get this error:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/stats/stats_activity.php on line 373: Undefined index: topic_title
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/stats/stats_activity.php on line 373: Undefined index: topic_title
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/stats/stats_activity.php on line 395: Undefined index: topic_title
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/stats/stats_activity.php on line 395: Undefined index: topic_title
I am done with phpBB
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

Thank you for your report.
Fix for the first error:
Open styles/prosilver/template/stats/stats_contributions_attachments.html
Find:

<td class="col1" style="text-align:left;">&bull; <strong><a href="{top_by_download_row.U_FILE}">{recent_attach_row.L_FILE}</a></strong><br />{L_IN} <a href="{top_by_download_row.U_POST}">{top_by_download_row.L_POST}</a> (<a href="{top_by_download_row.U_FORUM}">{top_by_download_row.L_FORUM}</a>)<br />{L_ATTACH_ON} {top_by_download_row.FILETIME}</td><td><div class="graph" style="width:{top_by_download_row.BARWIDTH}%;">&nbsp;</div></td><td>{top_by_download_row.COUNT}</td><td>{top_by_download_row.PCT}%</td>
Replace with:

<td class="col1" style="text-align:left;">&bull; <strong><a href="{top_by_download_row.U_FILE}">{top_by_download_row.L_FILE}</a></strong><br />{L_IN} <a href="{top_by_download_row.U_POST}">{top_by_download_row.L_POST}</a> (<a href="{top_by_download_row.U_FORUM}">{top_by_download_row.L_FORUM}</a>)<br />{L_ATTACH_ON} {top_by_download_row.FILETIME}</td><td><div class="graph" style="width:{top_by_download_row.BARWIDTH}%;">&nbsp;</div></td><td>{top_by_download_row.COUNT}</td><td>{top_by_download_row.PCT}%</td>
For the second error, could you maybe turn Debug Extra on and tell me which query takes that much time? Did you try resynching the BBCodes? How many posts do you have on your forum?

The fix for the third error:
Open includes/stats/stats_activity.php
Find:

'L_TOPIC'                    => $current_topic['topic_title'], 
Replace with:

'L_TOPIC'                    => $current_topic['t_title'], 
Find:

'L_TOPIC'                    => $current_topic['topic_title'], 
Replace with:

'L_TOPIC'                    => $current_topic['t_title'], 
Sorry for any inconvenience. ;)
stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

Thanks, the bugs are fixed :mrgreen:
Great mod by the way.

About the queries:
You have got a PM ;)

And here is some more you might find relevant:

Number of BBCodes:	409  	Number of custom BBCodes:	396

Top 10 bbcodes
BBCodes 		Count 	Percent
• [code]

5629 25.396%

4722 21.304%
• [quote][/quote]

1858 8.383%
text

1490 6.722%

1291 5.824%

1271 5.734%
• [img][/img]

1054 4.755%
• [size=][/size]

856 3.862%
• [Hr][/Hr]

792 3.573%
• [attachment=][/attachment]

455 2.053%[/code]

Number of smilies installed:	137  	Number of smilies displayed on posting:	20 / 137 (14.599%)

Top 10 smilies
Smilies 		Count 	Percent
Happy	

1385	17.173%
Wink	

1177	14.594%
Very Happy	

978	12.126%
Happy	

810	10.043%
Happy	

787	9.758%
Very happy	

351	4.352%
Hi	

270	3.348%
Shocked	

264	3.273%
Embarrassed	

212	2.629%
Sad	

205	2.542%

EDIT!
Yes, I tried resync bbcodes.
I have close to 15000 posts
I am done with phpBB
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

Well, the problem is that you have 409 bbcodes and therefore this MOD has to take a look through all your posts 409-times. The smiley count is also an issue, maybe I'll exclude the smilies that are not displayed on posting from the top smilies in the future.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”