[MOD-DB] phpBB Statistics v1.0.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
stokerpiller

Re: [RC] phpBB Statistics v1.0.0

Post by stokerpiller »

Yes, I thought that would be the problem.
I dont think nobody else than me have that much bbcodes :mrgreen:
I have just turned that page off.

Everything is working perfect now.
I am done with phpBB
DoYouSpeakWak

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

marc1706 wrote:Well, the problem is that you have 409 bbcodes and therefore this MOD has to take a look through all your posts 409-times. The smiley count is also an issue, maybe I'll exclude the smilies that are not displayed on posting from the top smilies in the future.
Is this problem related to the functionality of the mod or also the server load ? Especially on larger boards with 400-500K posts, it seems like all of these psots have to be searched for smilies and other stuff than just the bbcodes.
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid services. 10+ years of experience with phpBB3 and as System Administrator.
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Post by Marc »

It took Stokerpiller's board 77.5 seconds to query through all the posts for all the 409 BBCodes, which equals looking through around 6 million posts. About 77k posts are processed per second, which means that looking for the usual 13 BBCodes will take around 84 seconds on a board with 500k posts. So, yes large boards with that many posts will chocke on the Miscellaneous Statistics of the current version of this MOD.
I already have something in mind, that will reduce the queryload for these stats, but I'll first try to get this MOD validated by the phpBB.com MOD Team.
DoYouSpeakWak

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

marc1706 wrote:It took Stokerpiller's board 77.5 seconds to query through all the posts for all the 409 BBCodes, which equals looking through around 6 million posts. About 77k posts are processed per second, which means that looking for the usual 13 BBCodes will take around 84 seconds on a board with 500k posts. So, yes large boards with that many posts will chocke on the Miscellaneous Statistics of the current version of this MOD.
I already have something in mind, that will reduce the queryload for these stats, but I'll first try to get this MOD validated by the phpBB.com MOD Team.
I agree, i hope no problems rise during validating. regarding stokers test, then it might be worth knowing that he uses a dedicated server with 6gb ram and quad core for 1 site. Many boards are on a shared service, same server features but with 1000+ users per server. so it might take a bit longer. A option to turn some stuff off somehow seems like a good idea
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid services. 10+ years of experience with phpBB3 and as System Administrator.
stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

I have just turned Miscellaneous Statistics off in ACP.
And I have been monitoring CPU usage when browsing all other stat pages, there were no highload periodes.

I think that it would be enough to turn this of by default and warn the user about the potential high cpu usage for this single module. Could be done in the same place where you turn it on/off.
I am done with phpBB
Neuropass

Post by Neuropass »

is this mod safe for a live forum?
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

This MOD is safe, but I can't guarentee you that there won't be any bugs. I know that stokerpiller uses this MOD on his site. The only thing you might want to do is turning off the Miscellaneous Statistics, since they create high server loads on bigger boards.
Ashley.S.
Name: Ashley .S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

might try installing the mod onto my board later on tomorrow
Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ PurephpBB Founder ]
manuxtreme

Post by manuxtreme »

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Error writing file '/tmp/MYE5GOAf' (Errcode: 28) [3]

SQL

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT p.poster_id) AS count, f.forum_id AS f_id, f.forum_name AS f_name FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_forums f WHERE p.forum_id = f.forum_id AND p.post_approved = 1 GROUP BY f_id ORDER BY count DESC LIMIT 10

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 205
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 170
CALL: dbal_mysqli->_sql_query_limit()

FILE: statistics/includes/functions.php
LINE: 467
CALL: dbal->sql_query_limit()

FILE: includes/stats/stats_activity.php
LINE: 158
CALL: get_top_forums()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: stats_activity->main()

FILE: stats.php
LINE: 79
CALL: p_master->load_active()
I get this when I try to view Forum Activity. Is it because it is generating a high server load?
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

As already pointed out by Stokerpiller, there is no high server load with this mod, except when viewing the miscellaneous statistics.
It rather looks like this is some kind of error caused by your hoster: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1251615
manuxtreme

Post by manuxtreme »

Ok thanks for pointing out mate :)
Lucian_rider

Re: [BETA] phpBB Statistics v0.2.0

Post by Lucian_rider »

kmxak wrote:(i have installed the mod
but it show only a blank white page?!

in which file is the mistake?)

Ok i fixed the stats code with your code at the top of this page
and now it works fine :mrgreen:

but by me it gave no error only a blank page
I had exactly the same problem... I rechecked all of my edits, copied all files to their respective places and had no luck until I came here and made the same edit as the user above.
Just to let you know that I downloaded the mod from here: http://www.m-a-styles.de/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=82
You should updated the file in the download.

Now that it is working its a very nice mod! Thanks for the effort you have put into it!

My only problem is that I am using BF_Vista which is a subsilver2 based style and has rotating background images. The Stats page can be very difficult to read due to the transparent background effect and the type of image being displayed at the time. If anyone knows how to create a solid background for just that page, please let me know...
Lucian_rider

Re: [BETA] phpBB Statistics v0.2.0

Post by Lucian_rider »

Lucian_rider wrote:My only problem is that I am using BF_Vista which is a subsilver2 based style and has rotating background images. The Stats page can be very difficult to read due to the transparent background effect and the type of image being displayed at the time. If anyone knows how to create a solid background for just that page, please let me know...
Lostmind over at Startrekguide fixed this for me and now it is perfect for BF_Vista.
If anyone else wants the modified html files you can get it here: http://www.startrekguide.com/community/ ... 33#p106112 Check my post after as there was one file that he missed that I corrected.

He was extremely helpful, a real upright guy!

Here is my forum if you want to take a look at the integration... http://www.lucianriders.com/forum/stats.php
Avdon
Name: Danny Alkhaldy

Post by Avdon »

Hello,
In my board there are:
- 386131 posts
- 3923 users
- 930 MB database

Is that a problem for installing and using this mod?
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

Avdon wrote:Hello,
In my board there are:
- 386131 posts
- 3923 users
- 930 MB database

Is that a problem for installing and using this mod?
it gives a newer and better version of the mod

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5&start=45
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”